Simplified List of ALL Portable Apps hosted here?

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
buigley45

Simplified List of ALL Portable Apps hosted here?

#1 Post by buigley45 »

Sorry if this is already being discussed elsewhere, but I can't find any mention of the topic.

Is it possible to download or export a simplified listing of all the apps hosted here? I realize it would be out of date quickly, but it would help me start to organize my own collection.

My reason is I have a ton of portable apps, about half from here and most of the rest from PortableApps.com. Those are automatically updated via their platform, but I need to manually update the rest. And since a few of my "portable apps" actually came from other places entirely (like their own hosted page), it would be nice to know where each came from using a list.

All I would like is a list with the name of the app, maybe a short description, bonus for the version number, and category as listed on this site.

I know I can search out apps, or view categories as the site is already laid out, but I can't easily find a way to export just that data (above) into a neat and simple excel spreadsheet. In addition, some apps appear in more than one category (if I'm remembering correctly).

Anyway, thanks for hosting such a valuable and incredible collection!

And thanks too, if there is some way to accomplish the exported simple list.

Andrew Lee

Re: Simplified List of ALL Portable Apps hosted here?

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

Check this out:

viewtopic.php?t=20275&start=15

You can download the database as CSV.

buigley45

#3 Post by buigley45 »

Thanks Andrew! That sounds EXACTLY like what I'm looking for. Now I'm like a kid at Christmas, waiting for my 24 hr period (since registering) to pass in order to have "insert" rights and access the database.

In advance, thank you again!!!

__philippe

#4 Post by __philippe »

Welcome onboard @buigley45 !

Tip
Nirsoft's CSVFileView is your best friend when it comes to view/manipulate *.csv, sorted whichever way you fancy

Might as well take a gander here for some elaboration over CSVFileView merits (or shortcomings)... :wink:

Albert90

#5 Post by Albert90 »

__philippe wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:29 am
Tip
Nirsoft's CSVFileView is your best friend when it comes to view/manipulate *.csv, sorted whichever way you fancy

Might as well take a gander here for some elaboration over CSVFileView merits (or shortcomings)... :wink:
I've recently undertaken a programming project involving the use of CSV files and this is going to be super useful for that!