A few JauntePE helpers

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
Napiophelios

A few JauntePE helpers

#1 Post by Napiophelios »

Here's a few tools I have been using together alot lately.

UniExtract (launcher only)
This is a jpe launcher that is set to redirect the registry only for the few enties UniExtracts helpers create as needed.The JauntePE.ini can be configured with the filesystem to be redirected and logging /discovery enabled....just uncomment the appropriate lines.
I used to use the filesystem redirections but it turns out to be a nuissance most of the time.

JPE Loader
Once files are extracted with uniextract I use this little app to quickly test for system changes an app might make.Its an attempt at making a JauntePE version of the famous ThinApp Loader but isnt as reliable with all installers so I limit my usage to extracted files only.Most msi files and certain installers will just breeze right by the sandboxing so use accordingly.
(original AutoIT script by Fawkes)

JPE Quickie Project
Alright this is a little self extracting archive ( extracts to your %systemdrive% )that contains a basic folder structure and launcher and config files to create a JPE portable on the fly without using the gui.Simply take files from an extracted archive and configure your jpe ini file.If you have run your app thru the JPE Loader first its quite easy to predict what will be needed i the JauntePE.ini file.
The ini file is based on Crownixx's SetUp Capture configuration for reducing useless registry entries.Logging and discovery can be enabled by uncommenting certain lines in the ini file.

Note: I doubt any of these will work properly on a 64bit sytem.

joby_toss

Re: A few JauntePE helpers

#2 Post by joby_toss »

Napiophelios wrote:...
Note: I doubt any of these will work properly on a 64bit sytem.
JPE has difficulties working right on a 64bit OS. Most of the apps do not work correctly, but a few do! Can't explain it! This also means I can't play with JPE anymore... :cry:

-.-

#3 Post by -.- »

nice i like the loader :D

quick project is nice too, but i normally copy an old project and change file name to match new one so its same thing :S lol
another thing is you could make a shortcut to the jpequickie in the toolbox to open it without going through entire jpe menu

Napiophelios

#4 Post by Napiophelios »

-.- wrote:nice i like the loader :D

quick project is nice too, but i normally copy an old project and change file name to match new one so its same thing :S lol
another thing is you could make a shortcut to the jpequickie in the toolbox to open it without going through entire jpe menu
Yeah I got tired of doing that so I made this little "blank" project folder
Thats pretty much where the idea came from tho :P

Instead of the shortcut tho I just added it to my PStart...same idea
who knew we were such freakin geniusfe4ses :mrgreen: