Rocket Dock (JPE Launcher)

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
Napiophelios

Rocket Dock (JPE Launcher)

#1 Post by Napiophelios »

About RocketDock webpage
Download RocketDock v1.3.5 installer
Download the JauntePE Launcher

I have used all different versions of portable RocketDocks..thinstall,thinApp,Xenecode...and they are all slow shakey and stubborn.
And that's if they will even open.
I got tired of editing the ini's and using weird apps to maintain drive letters.
So far JPE has been the best way to use RocketDock on a usb drive without having to configure and reconfigure app pathes.
Its not perfect but its acceptable.

This JPE launcher saves settings to the portable registry and has yet to fail me when out and about with my flash drive in the library or on the road.
All portables are stored in the " .\Data\Programfiles\My Portables" folder and appear as if in the host computer's program files folder.
Its set up to redirect the registry and file system,but does not redirect the registry of any portables you may launch with it (but it can).

Edit: Its best to add apps to RocketDock using the RocketDock settings dialogue as opposed to drag n drop method.
Even though an installed RocketDock supports drag n drop additions;the JPE launcher handles it better if you dont.
So far these are the only additions I have had to reconfigure.
When deleting items from the launcher have patience as the app may hang for a few seconds.

EDIT:Updated JPE Launcher Download link
Last edited by Napiophelios on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guinness

Re: Rocket Dock (JPE Launcher)

#2 Post by guinness »

Hey I tested the DeskDrive JauntePE package today excellent :) Secondly I am curious to how I go about changing it so all registry requests are redirected, like in the PStart JauntePE package.
Its set up to redirect the registry and file system,but does not redirect the registry of any portables you may launch with it (but it can)
I appreciate the helpful advice. Normally I can figure it out but JauntePE has always been that one app that I feel is impossible to know how to use it 100% correctly. I will 'JauntePize' an application and think is it truly portable or have I just winged it.

Napiophelios

#3 Post by Napiophelios »

I havent tested RocketDock with these settings;
but just open the JauntePE ini file for your application,
and look under the [Redirection] section and enable the following :

[Redirection]
RedirMSI=1
RedirMisc=1

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

Thanks, it worked as planned.

Napiophelios

#5 Post by Napiophelios »

Modified the JPE Launcher and ini file to work out some minor kinks.
First post has been updated with new Download link.

Tips on usage:

1.) Do Not check the "store settings to ini" option in Dock settings.
The portable becomes less responsive.

2.) Store all your portables in ".\Data\Programfiles\My Portables" folder
and use the "add file" dialogue to add to Rocket Dock launcher.
The search box will open in "C:Program files\RocketDock " folder.
Just move up one level and open "My Portables"

REMEMBER:
-Drag and Drop=actual system pathes
-Dock Setting /"Add File" dialogue= virtual pathes.

3.) RocketDock (JPE) is set up to redirect RocketDock's registry
entries, NOT registry entries made by apps launched with it.

-To have RocketDock redirect the actions of apps launched,just edit the jauntePE.ini (.\Data\JPE)
with a text editor and change these [Redirection] settings as follows:

[Redirection]
RedirMSI=1
RedirMisc=1

1=enabled :complete sandbox
0=disabled :limited sandbox

You can download the JPE compiled Help files for more advanced ini settings here.

4.)Do not place copies of the JauntePE ini file anywhere in the folder structure other than the root folder next to the launcher or in the ".\Data\JPE" folder.