Armagetron Advanced v0.2.8.2.1 (JPE Launcher)

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
Napiophelios

Armagetron Advanced v0.2.8.2.1 (JPE Launcher)

#1 Post by Napiophelios »

HomePage
Screenshots from website

"Armagetron is a multiplayer game in 3d that attempts to emulate and expand on the lightcycle sequence from the movie Tron.
It's an old school arcade game slung into the 21st century. Highlights include a customizable playing arena, HUD, unique graphics,
and AI bots. For the more advanced player there are new game modes and a wide variety of physics settings to tweak as well."

Download Windows installer
Download JauntePE Launcher
(The launcher's ".\Data\Programfiles\Armagetron Advanced" folder contains a full list of needed installer archive components to be extracted and used.)
Forum topic:Portable Freeware Submissions
I tried the suggested method for making the game portable but it still creates an appdata folder.
According to the Armagetron forums you can use command lines to run the app as a portable
but was unable to resolve the issue on my own.

I have'nt tried to play online with others so I am not sure if the JPE ini needs to be modified for this purpose or not.
There are also several new beta version out but I chose the last stable version to create the launcher with.

There are also many files that can be removed to reduce the size of the app as well as many that can be added to enhance play
Check out their forum for more...have fun this is a timeless game that never seems to get old :D

Nano

Re: Armagetron Advanced v0.2.8.2.1 (JPE Launcher)

#2 Post by Nano »

I found this so interesting, I made a forum account just to reply. Armagetron was the first thing I Jaunted, on account of how often I play it. If you haven't tried playing it online -- do so. There is a whole world of which you know nothing of, I promise. Different servers with different physics.... not to mention code hacks (like Capture The Flag mode)... and a whole ton of people addicted to the game

To anybody reading this who hasn't tried the game yet: First thing you should do is change the keyboard config. The defaults are retarded