This is a special edition of PStart. It is used as a quick way to launch any non-portable application as a portable application. Simply drag-and-drop the executable into the PStart menu, and the application is ready to run portably without a single need of editing JauntePE configuration ini
The fun does not stop there. There is still new and experiment feature to have a portable desktop. Get the experience of it by yourself. Run the QuickWayToFolders and get
- the portable Desktop appearance with navigating through subfolder
- the portable Start Menu, maybe it is not look like Start Menu but the "Multiple Folders Menu" does great job indexing the current user start menu and all user start menu.
- the portable software association and icon association
- the portable right click context menu and portable SendTo shortcuts
PStart JPE RC3.zip (2.55 MB)
PStart JPE is also affected with JauntePE Known Limitations. Below are some that need to be highlighted
- PStart JPE works only in 32bit windows XP or older versions
- Do not run PStart JPE from the Desktop, My Document, Program Files or other special folders as this action will cause PStart.xml is saved into that special folder instead of its own application directory.
- "InstallProgram.exe" will triger an error or will not work if it is running the installer that is located in Desktop, My Document or any special folder. Reason for this is that it has been configured to ignore list of special folders. By doing this, it will cause the installer *think* that the application has not been installed on the computer we need this situation to handle the already installed program
added PStart JPE RC3 (29/6/09)