BSPlayer.(JPE Launcher)

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
Napiophelios

BSPlayer.(JPE Launcher)

#1 Post by Napiophelios »

"New, improved and packed with features, BS.Player is the best multimedia player on the market today.
Main advantages of the player are high quality playback, support for wide range of media files
and it has low CPU and memory consumption."
Latest"FREE" version-Installer (v236.990+Music Clip/Sample)
If you use the newer versions make sure you opt to store settings with the installation folders,
otherwise you will manifest a BSPlayer folder in user's appdata.
And if you redirect the file system you may have problems accessing media files on the system with
the current JPE ini.You would have to edit the launcher ini

Last Freeware Versions:
Download Page:BSPlayer 136 zipped installer
BSPlayerFREE (JPE Launcher)

Even with the program settings saved in the install directory the app will map the exe location into the registry
not to mention any association you might accidentally authorize.Thus we need the JauntePE Launcher.
The launcher works with the older files as well as the newer releases (just not the pro version)

I made the launcher with v2.35 and tested with the older versions as well as the newer ones;
The only problems I had was the newer installer (2.36) ignored my request to store the settings with the app.
After a couple of redos all went fine;If you have problems try moving the BSplayer.xml doc and other app data stuff into the install folder.
I wonder if the "Thinloader" app I used had anything to do with the snafus?

BSPlayer Pro (JPE Launcher)
This launcher will keep your registry clean but because of the way the program identifies your computer,
it wont be very portable.You would have to reenter a new key/reg number for every new computer you used it on.
But if you just want as small a registry as possible..well here you go.
I made the launcher with v2.32 and works fine with all updates so far.

EDIT: It should be noted that the two older freeware versions above are portable on their own (newer ones too depending on your install options) they just write the exe's location to the registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BST]

Unless you do files associations or context menu options that's all that's writ (I believe)