[Launcher]SRWare Iron Portable

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
crownixx

[Launcher]SRWare Iron Portable

#1 Post by crownixx »

This launcher to address chrome_shutdown_ms.txt in %TEMP% folder as notice in TPFC database. The forum topic is here

[Launcher]SRWare Iron Portable 193kb
http://www.mediafire.com/?uvfymj0u1m2

The package contains
1. JauntePE portable launcher (IronPortable.exe) (0.3.0 Alpha N.Build 17)
2. jauntePE.dll min (0.3.0 Alpha N.Build 17)

How To Set Up Portable, the easy way is
1. Download SRWare Iron Portable-Version for USB-Sticks at http://www.srware.net/en/software_srwar ... wnload.php
2. Extract the zip package, let say the folder is IronPortable
3. Copy IronPortable.exe, IronPortable_jauntePE.ini and JPE folder in this package into IronPortable folder. Click Yes to replace the IronPortable.exe launcher with jauntePE IronPortable.exe launcher

Options
Open IronPortable_jauntePE.ini. You can see under [Launch] Params settings. If you prefer to run into incognito mode, remove ";" in the first line of Params and comment out the second line of Params by adding ;

Code: Select all

[Launch]
;Params=-user-data-dir="..\Profile" -no-sandbox --incognito
Params=-user-data-dir="..\Profile" -no-sandbox
DO NOT remove -no-sandbox parameter as this is the current work-around to make SRWare Iron browser running in jauntePE. Read more in here

Question, is the SRWare Iron license permit to repackage and redistribute?

freakazoid

#2 Post by freakazoid »

Hi crownixx,

Just wondering what the benefits are when using this launcher as opposed to the official one by SRWare Iron (besides removing the TXT file in the "temp" folder)?

crownixx

#3 Post by crownixx »

freakazoid wrote:Hi crownixx,

Just wondering what the benefits are when using this launcher as opposed to the official one by SRWare Iron (besides removing the TXT file in the "temp" folder)?
1. To have more greener iron browser, optionally by turning on the registry redirection and redirect all special folder

2. You can easily add/remove/modify your own parameter to be used for Iron browser, for example the incognito mode as i presented. It is differ from official launcher that is already hard coded(for parameter -user-data-dir). Official launcher have the ability to receive other's parameter and PStart can assist to do the job but how about user that use PortableApss launcher who doesn't have this function?

3. Small launcher (38kb) compared to the official launcher (664kb) (please excluding the size of jauntePE.dll :mrgreen: )

Maybe not much, but most importantly my main intention is i want to deliver the work-around that i found for software that also use the sandbox technology as similar as JauntePE.

avmad

Re: [Launcher]SRWare Iron Portable

#4 Post by avmad »

Hi all,

After install of Iron Portable into my PortableApps folder (on XP Pro), I run it from the PortableApps menu.

I get an application (0xc0...05) error right away.

BTW - This also occurs with the Google Chrome Portable install.

My other portable apps load fine (including FireFox portable).

Any ideas why this is occurring?

Thanks!

avmad

avmad

#5 Post by avmad »

For description of the likely problem, see http://chromespot.com/forum/google-chro ... hrome.html.

What is the fix for PortableApps menu execution?

Thx

avmad

crownixx

#6 Post by crownixx »

avmad wrote:What is the fix for PortableApps menu execution?
The menu list out the launcher executable for you portable application. Based on your solution provided, the only fix for it is to replace or create new launcher that will pass the "-no-sandbox" parameter to the application. Try my launcher at first post as i already pass the "-no-sandbox" parameter to Iron portable