[Launcher] Free Language Translator - google based

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
joby_toss

[Launcher] Free Language Translator - google based

#1 Post by joby_toss »

This is a desktop language translator application using the Google translation service. It adds more features to the existing service and addresses some of its shortcomings. It requires Net 2.0 or higher to run.

Quick guide:
Open a text document or paste some text here, select the “To” and “From” languages, click on the "Translate" and select
one of the options from the menu.
You can create your custom dictionary to correct the online translation and save them for further use when using the
“Translate and use Custom Dictionary” menu option.
In order to add an entry to your Custom Dictionary, select the text to be corrected, right click in the translation panel and
select “Add to Custom Dictionary”. You will be able to make further changes manually by typing into the translation panel
while tracking the synchronized original panel.
The status bar can display an optional empiric quality of translation. Selecting a smaller page size increases the translation
time a little bit, but at the same time, for large amount of text, it can improve translation accuracy and synchronization
between the original and translation panels.
You can also set the orientation of the panels from the combo box on the status bar.
Finally, select the translated text and copy into the clipboard, right click in the translation panel and choose “Copy Selection”,
or just save it as a file using the “Save File” icon in the toolbar.

Video tutorial & Forum

I was concerned about the display of my windows registration key in the "About" box (as someone else on that forum), but the author says: "The serial numbers are there for your convenience when certain Microsoft updates require it in order to curb piracy."
I also checked to see what exactly does transmit this app over the net and no connection was made other than one to a google ip (74.125.77.113).
I don't have much to say about this other than "you have been warned" (i use this app quite a bit if you wonder). It has also been certified by Softpedia.

It lacks some features but the development continues.

JPE launcher (no registry entries but the app writes to user\appdata):

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/178956091/FreeTranslator_PJ.7z.html
http://www.mediafire.com/?j2hldbjdf3z
Please see "readme_PJ.txt" inside "Docs" folder.

joby_toss

#2 Post by joby_toss »

New version is out - v1.81 of 5jan2009:
Added language detection for the original text and improved the self updating.

kingbudz

Re: [Launcher] Free Language Translator - google based

#3 Post by kingbudz »

i think this is same version i use last times, thanks sharing the info.