JauntePE: A place to make requests

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
Napiophelios

Re:

#46 Post by Napiophelios »

joby_toss wrote:
freakazoid wrote:Can we post requests here in this thread ;)
Please do!
I'll make the first one though! ;)

[Request] WIA-Loader
WIA-Loader transfers pictures from a camera or flash card to the PC. It offers many options to name image files and folders and give you the possibility to geocode pictures with gpx-files.
WIA-Loader is free to use, without limitations at the moment.
You need Microsofts .NET Framework 2.0 or higher in order to use WIA-Loader.
Tried it without luck.
Thanks in advance!
Havent tried these but worth a mention if you still was interested in them.
From the home page:
WIA-Loader Portable
WIA-Loader Portable - Beta (04 Sep, 2009 00:06)

(Requires .NET Framework 2.0)

joby_toss

Re: Re:

#47 Post by joby_toss »

Napiophelios wrote:Havent tried these but worth a mention if you still was interested in them.
From the home page:
WIA-Loader Portable
WIA-Loader Portable - Beta (04 Sep, 2009 00:06)
(Requires .NET Framework 2.0)
I know about the official portable version. Thanks!
Sadly it modifies or leaves behind to many files and folders like "\user\current\Local Settings\Application Data\PMortara".

francus

Re: A place to make requests

#48 Post by francus »

The links provided in this thread to voipbuster portable do not work.

Is it possible to do something for that?

Napiophelios

#49 Post by Napiophelios »

Link fixed :)

Napiophelios

#50 Post by Napiophelios »

joby_toss wrote: I know about the official portable version. Thanks!
Sadly it modifies or leaves behind to many files and folders like "\user\current\Local Settings\Application Data\PMortara".
Ran across this
http://www.pendriveapps.com/usb-image-tool/#more-3207

Looks like the same type of app as WIA Loader you were looking for?

joby_toss

#51 Post by joby_toss »

Napiophelios wrote: Ran across this
http://www.pendriveapps.com/usb-image-tool/#more-3207
Looks like the same type of app as WIA Loader you were looking for?
No, no, they are very different. WIA Loader transfers pictures and video clips from photo cameras (and organizes them in auto created folders) while UsbImageTool does a full usb device backup (and doesn't work with photo cameras).
Thanks anyway! In the meantime I'll use my JPE version of GetCanon. :)

-.-

#52 Post by -.- »

can i request a firefox launcher that redirects the "User\Application Data" and "Local Settings\Application Data" folders?
Everything I've tried to do doesn't work. Trying to get firefox to be stealthy but it keeps writing to those 2 folders lol

donald

Re: A place to make requests SSoffice

#53 Post by donald »

I would like to ask anyone able, to make a launcher for the mostly portable Blade office portable from SS Office.

see topic http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... ite+Office

The requirement that makes it not fully portable:
* When you run the "StartUpMenu.exe" for the first time, you may get a message that the following dll's could not be found. { oc30.dll and MFCANS32.DLL }.
* They both can be found in the "SSuiteMobile" folder. Simply copy and paste them both to your system(Win 9x/ME) or system32 (XP/Vista/2000) folder. Everything else should work fine now.
* You can leave both files on your system. They will not do any harm.
I do not know which launcher/wrapper would be best JauntePe or NSIS, I have even though of compiling a batch with BatToExe.

I was hoping JauntePe could redirect the program to look in its own folder for the required dll files.

I am asking for any one who can to build a launcher that will fix this problem.

Napiophelios

#54 Post by Napiophelios »

I believe they have fixed the problem as it seems to work fine on my machine :D
This is a nice looking program.
The photo editor is the only feature that doesnt seem to work for me. :(

donald

#55 Post by donald »

Napiophelios

I think your results are likely by happenstance, as in you already had the needed files or you tested the program before and they were left where needed.
GeddichNixan on this [url=http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21050]forum[/url] wrote:My impression is, that it is not (yet) a portable application but a zipped package of an otherwise installed software and one has to do some modification of the system what otherwise the installer would do. I don't know how it works on other systems than mine (XP SP3), but in its current state it is an absolute no go for me.
Since I have at least one report that the program is non functional I will try it soon.

If it is truly needed to move these files, I believe that dropping the files on every host used would be less than optimal, I prefer to leave host computers as much as I find them, if not a little better.

I would much prefer a launcher if possible.

If anyone can help or could suggest a good way to wrap this program, I may give it a try

joby_toss

#56 Post by joby_toss »

I don't understand what exactly doesn't work for you, but I made a JPE launcher; those two problematic files are now, by default, where they supposed to be (MFCANS32.DLL and oc30.dll are inside SSuiteMobile folder - and I don't have them in my windows or system folder).
While testing this launcher I could see that SSuite Office - BladeRunner 1.2 doesn't write files outside its own folder BUT it makes LOTS of registry entries under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
Here is my launcher.

donald

#57 Post by donald »

Thanks joby_toss

This is the first I have known of your launcher though.

I must be spending too much time away from the forums. :D

Thanks for this launcher.

GeddichNixan

#58 Post by GeddichNixan »

Hi joby_toss,

I found it strange that the program works on your (and obviously on many other computers) but not on mine (XP SP3), so I thought I should use your launcher and try it with that.

Here my step by step report:

1. Launcher unpacked, contents of the apppackage in the "App" folder of the launcher.
2. After the first start the error message poppes up: "Cannot create file: C:\Windows\System32\mfcans32.dll". At least the start menu appears but it is not functional.
3. Looking up mfcans32.dll in the app folder in order to copy it to "widows\system" within the launcher folder structure.
4. Surprisingly I find the following files in the target folder (i.e. windows\system within the launchers folder structure):

LPng.dll
MFCANS32.dll
vcf132.ocx
vcfi32.ocx
vcfidl32.dll
vcfiwz32.dll
vspell32.dll
vspell32.ocx

All except MFCANS32.dll are of the size of "0".

5. I do not copy anything, instead I try to start the app again.
6. App starts fine, start menu shows up.
7. I start WordGraph, its window appears, then a "Class not registered" error message poppes up.
8. Same problem when I start Accel.
9. Everything else seems to work fine.
10. One exception: Start of the Photo editor triggers an error message informing me that "lpng.dll" is not a valid windows application.

My conclusion:

It is not a thoroughly designed portable package of an otherwise nice app. The claims of the publisher (i.e. it works on very windows system after having been unpacked) is most probably based on insufficient testing results. It requires too many additional modifications of an "unprepared" system which contradicts portability. Neither am I willing to put additional files into my system folders (even if they " do no harm") for an application (BTW, I can not do this when I have to use someone else's computer), nor am I willing to modify my registry for the sake of a "portable" application which in fact is not portable, at least not as portable as I expect a portable app to be. So it is still a no go for me.

Despite all this thank you for your launcher and for the other launchers you made for us too.

Greetings

joby_toss

#59 Post by joby_toss »

The original app (without launcher) NEEDS admin privileges as it tries to copy some files into the system folder as you've noticed.

Code: Select all

LPng.dll
MFCANS32.DLL
oc30.dll
vcf132.ocx
vcfi32.ocx
vcfidl32.dll
vcfiwz32.dll
vspell32.dll
vspell32.ocx
It removes them upon exit.

What I don't understand is why the launcher does not redirect them for you?!
I can't test this as it works fine for me. I'll wait for donald's test and get back to you.

I also use winxpprosp3x86.

Napiophelios

#60 Post by Napiophelios »

Donald wrote: "I think your results are likely by happenstance, as in you already had the needed files or you tested the program before and they were left where needed."

I use an extremely stripped OS (XP SP2 x86) with Returnil installed
I am also logged in as admin account all the time
and I have never heard of this program till you sent me the PM.

I didnt do any trace I just downloaded it and checked it out.

Maybe my SP2 has something to do with it?
Maybe logged in as admin helps?
I do already have some of the dll the portable provides
but not the troublesome ones in question.

Just a note,this app wont even open on my girlfriend's XP sp3 computer :shock: