JauntePE: A place to make requests

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
GeddichNixan

Re: A place to make requests

#61 Post by GeddichNixan »

I don't know whether I understand you right, but your launcher does redirect those files as they appear in the "windows\system" folder WITHIN your launcher's folder structure.

For me even the fact that a program of this kind needs admin privileges in order to run (i.e. in order to being able to place some files in the system dir) IS something that blatantly contradicts with the idea of portability. I admit that for some portable applications the need for admin privileges is a result of the nature of the application (i.e. it needs to start some services like TrueCrypt, Portable Sandboxie or the Portable VirtualBox) but I don't see why this app has to be designed so that it won't run on a limited account.

What I do not understand why there is still a problem with unregistered classes even if I use your launcher. It is even more strange because it obviously does work on your machine.

Anyway I really have enough of this app and definitely won't use it until it is properly redesigned as it in its current state is definitely NOT portable.

I am Baas

#62 Post by I am Baas »

Whyteboard - Image annotator (draw on graphic images and PDF files)

https://launchpad.net/whyteboard
http://code.google.com/p/whyteboard/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/whyteboard/

Writes to the registry @ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Whyteboard\Whyteboard and to a folder in Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Whyteboard

TIA.

Napiophelios

#63 Post by Napiophelios »

Wow I cant get JauntePE to work with this app at all :evil:

I have a NSIS launcher for it if you want tho.
Just extract the zip file contents into the "Data" folder.

-.-

#64 Post by -.- »

the wyteboard works with jpe for me using this as the .ini file. I'm not the best at using jaunte though but it works lol
[Launch]
Path=.\App\%appname%.exe
JPERuntime=.\jauntePE.dll
JPERuntimeIni=.\%appname%_jauntePE.ini
JPERuntimeReg=.\Data\%appname%.reg
JPERuntimeWFS=.\Data\
RedirReg=1
RedirWFS=1
AppReg=1
AppWFS=1
ExeDir=1

[Redirection]
RedirMSI=1
RedirMisc=1
MemRegistry=1
FillRegistry=1
RegMerge=1
RegIgnDel=1
ExcludeAppDir=0
WFSMerge=1

IdentMode=3
UseIcon=1
ModFrame=0
FlashDisco=0
IconDisco=0
InnerColor=255
OuterColor=0
RegTokens=0

[Registry]
Use=1
Data=.\Data\%appname%.reg

[Filesystem]
Use=1
Data=.\Data\

[ShellUsage]
Use=1
PreventMRU=1
PreventBinUse=1

freakazoid

#65 Post by freakazoid »

Got an odd JauntePE request! (This is until I actually learn how to use JauntePE!) :p

Winamp 2.91 + mp3Cue plugin:
http://www.oldversion.com/download_Winamp_2.91.html (Do a "Lite" install with Audio, Video, and Extra Audio Output support)
http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/winamp/mp3cue5.zip

Thanks in advance!
is it stealth? ;)

Napiophelios

#66 Post by Napiophelios »

freakazoid wrote:Got an odd JauntePE request! (This is until I actually learn how to use JauntePE!) :p

Winamp 2.91 + mp3Cue plugin:
http://www.oldversion.com/download_Winamp_2.91.html (Do a "Lite" install with Audio, Video, and Extra Audio Output support)
http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/winamp/mp3cue5.zip

Thanks in advance!
Winamp291+MP3Que (JPE Launcher)

Both installers extract with uniextract easily enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WinAmp291:
look inside the "$INSTDIR" folder
delete the AOD folder and place all the other files
inside the JPE programfiles folder:

Plugins (folder + all contents)
winamp.exe
winamp.m3u
winampa.exe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mp3cue:
place all the contents from the extracted "$1" folder
inside WinAmps Plugins folder:

mp3cue_skin (folder + all contents)
gen_mp3cue.dll

-> I dont think its needed but I left the reg file from the install process inside the portable's folder incase you need it to do some tweaking on your system.
-> It seems to work well enough tho without the installer's registry entries.
->by ditching the extra htm and demo files I got mine down to exactly 2mb overall size with PortableApps compactor using the lowest /safest settings.

Let me know if the MP3Que works or not..I didnt really know how to test it properly

donald

Re: A place to make requests Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier

#67 Post by donald »

I would like to make a request for a JPE launcher for Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier.

To quote the TPFC entry:
Writes settings to: Windows registry

donald

Re: A place to make requests: Powerpro

#68 Post by donald »

I would like to ask someone to try JPE on Powerpro

I believe many people use it, including active members of the forums.

I have also seen a number of posts that mention it

Powerpro Search

I have further read only good things about its general utility, and the only bad thing is its non-portable status.

joby_toss

#69 Post by joby_toss »

I'm having trouble finding a reason to jauntize powerpro... :roll:
The only thing I have to be careful is to have the same drive letter (I think there is a batch file somewhere that takes care of that).
Powerpro does not use the registry (except for 1 or 2 functions like context menu) to store settings. It is not stealth though.

Edit: I'm having some trouble...something is not working right...

rokth

#70 Post by rokth »

I tried searching but came up with nothing so I had to ask. Has anyone tried making a portable build of hamachi using jauntePE?

Napiophelios

#71 Post by Napiophelios »

rokth wrote:I tried searching but came up with nothing so I had to ask. Has anyone tried making a portable build of hamachi using jauntePE?
JauntePE cant virtualize services or drivers
Hamaichi starts a service (which is hard to stop)
and installs network drivers.

donald

Re: KP Typing Tutor

#72 Post by donald »

I would like to run KP Typing Tutor as a portable application.

I am requesting a launcher for v5.1, this is so my nephew can run it on a grade school computer.
License

KP Typing Tutor is distributed as shareware of NoNags. As soon as you install the program, you can start learning without delay. The software is free for personal and academic uses. Licenses are required for commercial users, for example, companies, private schools and governments.
Version 5.1 can be downloaded here.

I am also interested in the newer Version 6.6 English but the License has changed a bit.
KP Typing Tutor is a shareware program of NoNags. As soon as you install the program, you can start learning without delay. Home users are generally allowed to use the software of KP Typing Tutor without paying before learning to type. Schools, institutions, companies and governments are required to purchase a license unless a free license is granted from the copyright owner.

guinness

#73 Post by guinness »

Have you not tried RapidTyping >> http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1756?

donald

#74 Post by donald »

This would not be for me, but my nephew who is familiar with KP typing tutor.

I have tried to interest him in Rapid typing, and one other listed here but he likes seeing the rainbow fingers. (they show which finger to use)

Just a request on my nephews behalf nothing special.

donald

Re: A place to make requests (strange request?)

#75 Post by donald »

I use Q-Jot and it has a WordWeb button (a quick way to look up a word with WordWeb.).

I would request a Launcher for the already portable Q-Jot to redirect it to a sub-folder of Q-Jot when it is launching WordWeb or a folder sharing the same root drive.

(Yes WordWeb is also already portable.)

I guess it may be a little lazy but I would like to use the look up function of WordWeb via the button in Q-Jot and do so portably.

Thanks in advance for any help.