JauntePE: A place to make requests

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
m^(2)

#16 Post by m^(2) »

Queue wrote:It's better than the user seeing two executables with the same name and thinking one is a duplicate that can be deleted.
Sounds funny, but you're right, idiot-proofness is important.
Queue wrote:There's also the benefit of being able to tell running executables apart by their filename, assuming JPE executables stay running...
They don't.

Andrew Lee

#17 Post by Andrew Lee »

Just to clarify, I place all the JPE EXE files in the root folder. The JPE EXE *generated* files are placed in the "Data" subfolder. The application files are placed in the "App" subfolder.

eg.

Code: Select all

App\
Data\
jauntePE.dll
xplorer2.exe
xplorer2_jauntepe.ini
The advantage (the way I see it) is that I can upgrade the application by simply clearing and populating the "App" subfolder. I can also easily pass the app to someone by clearing the "Data" subfolder. Finally, I can upgrade the JPE EXE files by changing files in the root folder.

joby_toss

#18 Post by joby_toss »

After a few tests i have my conclusion: my previous posted folder structure is not working. If the launcher's name is different than the application's name the app won't launch. The same happens with the .ini file. (workaround for this may exist but i'm too lazy to find it).
I also see Andrew Lee's point of view.
So, the folder structure i'm going to use from now is as follows:

App\(application files)
Data\(registry, settings, folders)
Docs\license_jauntePE.html
Docs\readme.txt
%appname%.exe (the launcher)
%appname%_jauntePE.ini
jauntePE.dll
I also did a terrible mistake: i didn't read JPE's license too carefully. :(
So i've put in my launchers the jauntePE.dll found in the def folder.
I'd like to offer my public apologies to redllar for that and say this won't happen again.
I'm going to use jauntePE.dll from lrg folder from now.

crownixx

#19 Post by crownixx »

m^(2) wrote:
crownixx wrote:I want to correct that my suggestion folder structure for JPE does not need to have its own application folder (...)
I don't get this part.
What i mean is let say the portable registry will be put in

JPE\%appname%_portable.reg
instead of

JPE\%appname%\%appname%_portable.reg
so that it will be similar to JPE Quickie settings and 12 Step Program settings

m^(2) wrote: I'll have to look at JPE defaults more closely, I'm yet to Jauntize my first app! Well, I tried once before, but it seems that Quickie doesn't work on XP x64. Will investigate another day.
Do you have the latest JauntePE030AlphaNB16? redllar have put "Known Limitations" in the readme and he said x64 is not support by JauntePE
The JauntePE runtime dll is a 32 bit runtime executable. Which means that it is only usable within a 32 bit process.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:53 pm Post subject:
After a few tests i have my conclusion: my previous posted folder structure is not working. If the launcher's name is different than the application's name the app won't launch. The same happens with the .ini file. (workaround for this may exist but i'm too lazy to find it).
I also see Andrew Lee's point of view.
So, the folder structure i'm going to use from now is as follows:
Code:
App\(application files)
Data\(registry, settings, folders)
Docs\license_jauntePE.html
Docs\readme.txt
%appname%.exe (the launcher)
%appname%_jauntePE.ini
jauntePE.dll

joby_toss wrote:I also did a terrible mistake: i didn't read JPE's license too carefully. Sad
So i've put in my launchers the jauntePE.dll found in the def folder.
I'd like to offer my public apologies to redllar for that and say this won't happen again.
I'm going to use jauntePE.dll from lrg folder from now.
Me too. I need to update my package now

m^(2)

#20 Post by m^(2) »

crownixx wrote:
m^(2) wrote:
crownixx wrote:I want to correct that my suggestion folder structure for JPE does not need to have its own application folder (...)
I don't get this part.
What i mean is let say the portable registry will be put in

JPE\%appname%_portable.reg
instead of

JPE\%appname%\%appname%_portable.reg
so that it will be similar to JPE Quickie settings and 12 Step Program settings
OK, understand now. Good point.

crownixx wrote:
m^(2) wrote: I'll have to look at JPE defaults more closely, I'm yet to Jauntize my first app! Well, I tried once before, but it seems that Quickie doesn't work on XP x64. Will investigate another day.
Do you have the latest JauntePE030AlphaNB16? redllar have put "Known Limitations" in the readme and he said x64 is not support by JauntePE
The JauntePE runtime dll is a 32 bit runtime executable. Which means that it is only usable within a 32 bit process.
I know this, I tried with 32 bit process. But it's not unlikely that I just did something wrong, that's why I want to return to it.

Stone Tablet

TuneUp Utilities 2007 (FREE COMMERCIAL VERSION with S/N)

#21 Post by Stone Tablet »

TuneUp Utilities 2007 (FREE COMMERCIAL VERSION with SERIAL CODE)

Configuring Windows to behave exactly the way you'd like isn't always easy. Just finding the setting you need can be frustrating. Is it in the Control Panel? In a right-click context menu? Buried deep in the Registry?

TuneUp Utilities 2007 takes care of all these concerns by bringing all the best Windows tweaks together in one program. And there are plenty of powerful features on offer.

The TuneUp Styler 2, for instance, offers many ways to customise the way Windows looks. You're able to change just about any system icon, change the icon spacing on your desktop or remove the arrow from shortcuts. A Repair function rebuilds the appropriate cache if your icons aren't displaying properly. And you can install new boot or logon screens, visual styles or icon sets. If you don't have any suitable images yourself then it's even possible to download free images or icons from the TuneUp Utilities site.

If you're more interested in practical features then try the DiskCleaner to remove redundant files from your hard drive, or perhaps wipe away invalid Registry entries with the Registry Cleaner. Another tool will defragment the Registry to improve performance, while the System Optimizer applies a range of tricks to speed up your desktop, hard drives, Internet connection and browser.

Occasionally it looks like the TuneUp Utilities are simply reproducing existing Windows utilities, but look more closely and you'll find these versions have their advantages. For example, the TuneUp Registry Editor comes with a far better Find tool than REGEDIT, allowing you to use wildcards, or restrict your search to particular key types or a specific area of the Registry. It could justify installing the program all on its own.

Important - Serial Code

You need a serial code to use TuneUp Utilities 2007. Enter code JMNCG-FKNGR-WMAMT-FRTQL-BLYJB-XDYMX with your name to register the software. Note that Incisive Media are authorised to provide this full commercial software to our web users. Do not spread the software nor link directly to the download.

Source: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/ ... ities-2007

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
IT IS FAR FROM PORTABLE, BUT, CAN SOMEONE GRAB THIS AND MAKE A JauntePE LAUNCHER? I HAVE NOT HAD ANY LUCK SO FAR... (Note: This is currently being "Featured" and is most likely a limited time offer)(End of Year/Month?)

Anyone up to the challenge?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

vhick

#22 Post by vhick »

May i request for JauntePE launcher for Paint.COM found here

http://www.rw-designer.com/image-editor
unlike Paint.NET is dependent in .NET Framework.

I am Baas

#23 Post by I am Baas »

[Request] wakan
Image(wakan) is a versatile tool for students of Japanese or Chinese. It features a character dictionary, a word dictionary, a text editor, a vocabulary management utility, many printing options (character flashcards, vocabulary lists, text including furigana), and a text translation tool. Image will allow you to read real Japanese or Chinese text with minimum knowledge of characters and vocabulary.
TIA

freakazoid

#24 Post by freakazoid »

I don't know if this is possible with JauntePE, but how about:

[EDIT]

Another request:

AS3 Personal Firewall: http://216.120.255.16/~softwar/index.htm
PF Thread - http://portablefreeware.com/forums/view ... torder=asc

donald

Requesting TopOCR

#25 Post by donald »

Requesting TopOCR be made into a jpe launched application.
I know that a wrapper exists but I would like to know if it can be made to only write to the app folder with jpe.
I believe the wrapper writes to the windows folder then retrieves the file at exit and I want to avoid this.

Top OCR in the forums http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... hlight=ocr

Top OCR Wrapper in the forums http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... hlight=ocr

GeddichNixan

#26 Post by GeddichNixan »

I appreciated very much if someone could make a JauntePE launcher for the following app:

Name: TVUPlayer

Internet: www.tvunetwork.com

Download:
http://pages.tvunetworks.com/downloads/player.html#

Thanks

joby_toss

#27 Post by joby_toss »

I can't jauntize many applications that need internet connection (like skype, tvuplayer) :( .
It has something to do with portabilization of already started services...the applications start but can't get any data transfered...

crownixx

#28 Post by crownixx »

tvuplayer
System Requirements:
1) Broadband Internet service (cable or DSL)
2) Windows 2000, XP or Vista
3) Windows Media Player (version 9+)
4) Microsoft IE (version 6+)
Seems to be tough application to be jauntize (love that word) :) . Sorry i can't try this app for now because lots of internet restriction policy in the campus. If full redirection (using Normal2 or Normal3) is the cause of the problem, then maybe the optimize config ini will make it work. It is a simple logic, assuming that the problem is not from the jauntePE bugs.

I'm not sure this is a trully ideal and correct way but when i face the problem like above, i do the troubleshooting by optimizing the module first and let other setting be default. Why i selecting the module optimization is because it can control both registry redirection and file system redirection.

Let say one module 7-zip.dll can create the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.7z registry key if it is called. If 7-zip.dll is been set at [ModuleExclude], HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.7z will be totally ignored and bypass from redirection even though you have fully turn on the registry redirection and redirect all the keys. The behavior is also same for the module that create file in special folder. That is what i see as the powerful of Module optimization and because of that i use it to narrowing down the problem, and probably solve the problem.

For skype, since it is already portable and in the database, here's my optimum config ini which only contain 5 lines.

[Launch]
NoPlugins=1
Path=App\Skype\Phone\%appname%.exe
Params=/datapath:..\..\..\Data /removable
JPERuntimeIni=.\%appname%_jauntePE.ini
The keyword is NoPlugins=1 :idea: Is it still can be call jauntePE portable application? :roll:

joby_toss

#29 Post by joby_toss »

Of course "NoPlugins=1" works, but ... optimizing config ini the right way and still call the app portable ... tough work !

crownixx

#30 Post by crownixx »

Yes creating a portable application is a tough work, but making an application that capable to portable other applications is even tougher