New forum moderator

Changes, updates etc. related to this website will be posted here.
Andrew Lee

New forum moderator

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

Please join me in welcoming webfork as forum moderator.

Thanks for agreeing to help out!

freakazoid

Re: New forum moderator

#2 Post by freakazoid »

Congrats webfork!

Wolfghost

#3 Post by Wolfghost »

Congrats webfork !! ;)

usdcs

#4 Post by usdcs »

Welcome, welcome!

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

Well Done webfork! I did think it was a little weird how there were alot of mods and then the next day only usdcs! It felt a lot of work for just 2 users.
Last edited by guinness on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I am Baas

#6 Post by I am Baas »

Congrats & Good luck!

Ruby

#7 Post by Ruby »

Congratulations!

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

Wow -- did not expect that kind of welcome! Thanks everyone :)

Zach Thibeau

#9 Post by Zach Thibeau »

I know it's kind of late but congrats and hopefully you'll do a better job than I did.

Magibon

#10 Post by Magibon »

Zach Thibeau wrote:I know it's kind of late but congrats and hopefully you'll do a better job than I did.
that shouldn't be too hard :P

Zach Thibeau

#11 Post by Zach Thibeau »

oh I'm not talking about just duties there, I was talking about how the duties were performed and how professional they are executed, unfortunately I was young and naive and well needlessly I stepped down, I'm 10x better now than I was then but still webfork has done a pretty good job and I support andrews decision.
Now a days I try to keep busy programming and perfecting PChat as an application that will hopefully exceed XChat on many levels.

SYSTEM

#12 Post by SYSTEM »

@Magibon

Some time ago I found this thread by chance. It describes the single biggest mistake Zach did. :(

@webfork

IMO, you have been a good moderator. I especially respect that you improve the DB entries in background, because you get hardly any credit for that.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#13 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote:IMO, you have been a good moderator. I especially respect that you improve the DB entries in background, because you get hardly any credit for that.
Thanks for noticing :) I'm particularly proud of my SongBird edit, which is radically different than the PortableApps description it started out as. Although a lot of time and effort goes into clarity about the entries, strictly speaking my activity as moderator is probably 95% analyze new entries and delete spam. On average I would guess I kill about 20-30 spam entries a week. Andrew, usdcs, and I have taken some steps behind the scenes to prevent them from posting in the first place.
SYSTEM wrote:Some time ago I found this thread by chance. It describes the single biggest mistake Zach did. :(
In fairness, the reason I'm a good moderator is mostly Andrew's focus on letting people have their say. There's been more than once when I've wanted to take a stronger stand against trolls and abusers. I'm also trigger-happy with things that even look like spam; I think anyone who deletes as much as I do can get overzealous. Of course I don't know what specific post got deleted, but that could have easily landed me in the same place Zach was in on that thread.

In other words, Andrew's not as directly active here on the forum but I credit him for the forums' quality.

MiDoJo

#14 Post by MiDoJo »

CATZ!!!!!

No wait that wasn't right

Congrats!!!!!!

There we go :)

Magibon

#15 Post by Magibon »

Zach Thibeau wrote:oh I'm not talking about just duties there, I was talking about how the duties were performed and how professional they are executed, unfortunately I was young and naive and well needlessly I stepped down, I'm 10x better now than I was then but still webfork has done a pretty good job and I support andrews decision.
Now a days I try to keep busy programming and perfecting PChat as an application that will hopefully exceed XChat on many levels.
SYSTEM wrote:@Magibon

Some time ago I found this thread by chance. It describes the single biggest mistake Zach did. :(

i meant no disrespect.. just friendly teasing ..
i had no idea of what went on here in the past..
im fairly new..

that's all water under the bridge..

Zach owned up to his mistake..

every where i go.. i promote the heck out of this place..
i promote the heck out of Portable Apps. and the benefits..

like stated many many times..
the most attractive perks about this place: the members.!

what makes TPFC different than other portable websites..
are the members.. and how forth-coming, welcoming, and helpful most members are.

You can be a noob like me and find your way without being bashed or put to shame.