AutoHotkey apps for testing

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: AutoHotkey apps for testing

#61 Post by guinness »

I am Baas wrote:@guinness

Just discovered a minor annoyance... the popups steal focus. Hope you could change this behaviour.

Cheers.
Should be relatively simple to fix.

I am Baas

#62 Post by I am Baas »

guinness wrote:
Btw, do you accept requests for new applications/tools?
I do, but of course I can't guarantee I will have the time to create it. What did/do you have in mind?
Awesome. A simple Line Reader / Reading Ruler. I found one that I like (small and portable) but the GUI is in Italian only. It's called Underline. Check it out @ http://www.maurorossi.net/pagine/utility.htm or Download @ http://www.maurorossi.net/utility/Underline.zip

Should I start a new thread?

ZioZione

#63 Post by ZioZione »

Hi I am Baas,
here are the translations:

Colore della barra ---> Bar color
Trasparenza barra ---> Bar transparency
Quando vengono premuti i tasti freccia su/giù o quando viene ruotata la rotella del mouse, la barra... ---> Pressing UP/DOWN arrow keys or rolling the mouse wheel, the bar...
incrementa/decrementa la propria altezza di: ---> increases/decreases its height by:
si sposta verticalmente di una distanza uguale a: ---> moves vertically by:
Prova impostazioni ---> Test settings (or "Preview settings", as you prefer)

Hope this helps ;)
Best Regards
ZioZione

guinness

#64 Post by guinness »

@I am Baas, it's an interesting project which I will consider for the future, is that OK?

I am Baas

#65 Post by I am Baas »

@ZioZione
Thank you. It was not that difficult to figure most of it's features out though without knowledge of Italian. The main issue for me is the lack of response from the developer for a request for a few new features.

@guinness
Absolutely. I've been searching for something like that for a long time... I can wait a bit longer :)
Btw, PlaceHolder is another little reading helper that comes close... but again lacks in functionality and is not portable.

Cheers.

ZioZione

#66 Post by ZioZione »

Hi I am Baas,
I am Baas wrote:@ZioZione
Thank you. It was not that difficult to figure most of it's features out though without knowledge of Italian. The main issue for me is the lack of response from the developer for a request for a few new features.
maybe the author does not speak english.
If you want, you can forward your questions to me for a translation in italian to be submitted to the author.
Best Regards
ZioZione

guinness

#67 Post by guinness »

@I am Baas - Sorry about the long wait but I got around to fixing the focus problem and updated the UI whilst I was at it. I added new icon sets created by dmg and ThumpieBunnyEve :D So a big thanks to them.

I am Baas

#68 Post by I am Baas »

guinness wrote:@I am Baas - Sorry about the long wait but I got around to fixing the focus problem and updated the UI whilst I was at it. I added new icon sets created by dmg and ThumpieBunnyEve :D So a big thanks to them.
No worries. Works great. Thanks for the update.

BTW, Keyndicate\Bin\Icons\4 has a Thumbs.db file that you may want to remove.

guinness

#69 Post by guinness »

BTW, Keyndicate\Bin\Icons\4 has a Thumbs.db file that you may want to remove.
Thanks for that, I've fixed it.

I am Baas

#70 Post by I am Baas »

ZioZione wrote:Hi I am Baas,
I am Baas wrote:@ZioZione
maybe the author does not speak english.
If you want, you can forward your questions to me for a translation in italian to be submitted to the author.
Best Regards
ZioZione
@ZioZione
Somehow missed your post. It would be great if you could contact the developer with a feature request (or three):

1. possibility to click through
2. hotkey to (un)hide the bar
3. English gui

Much appreciated. Cheers.

ZioZione

#71 Post by ZioZione »

Hi I am Baas,
mail sent!
Best Regards
ZioZione

I am Baas

#72 Post by I am Baas »

ZioZione wrote:Hi I am Baas,
mail sent!
Best Regards
ZioZione
Excellent. Thank you.

ZioZione

Underline: new 1.1 version

#73 Post by ZioZione »

Hello I am Baas,
good news from Italy!
Mr. Claudio Gucchierato, the author of Underline, has performed a really good work and now the new 1.1 version:
1) Is multilanguage (italian, english, french), both the interface and the help
2) Allow to select through (opening a window into the bar)
3) Allow to iconize into traybar with "M" (or "m") key (no shortcut for the restore, sorry...)
You can find it here http://www.maurorossi.net/pagine/utility.htm

Some small clarification:
1) The point 1 required some time, because I helped him to rewrite the italian help in a simplified manner, then I translated it in english (so if there is something unclear or wrong, please don't hesitate to signal).
2) The point 2 is more a "trick" than a real solution for allow to select the text under the bar (with ctrl-space for open/close the "window"), but it works...
3) The point 3 was already present into 1.0 version (but a little hidden into the help file). Unfortunately, for maintaining its portability, the "hide" command was replaced by a "iconize" command, and this does not allow to use a shortcut for restoring the window.

Any feedback is welcome.
Best Regards
ZioZione

I am Baas

#74 Post by I am Baas »

@ZioZione

Thank you so much. I already downloaded the latest underline 1.1.0 but will only be able to test this weekend. Cheers.

I am Baas

#75 Post by I am Baas »

@ZioZione

Underline is AWESOME. The "Open Window" workaround is great and the English translation of the GUI is perfect. Excellent job with the guide/help too. Kudos.

Just a minor issue for non-Italian speakers... When launching Underline for the first time, the right-click menu is in Italian and one needs to guess where to click to change the language.

As for the "Information" window... this is the standard legal text that I found on the Internet:
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.

Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose and redistribute it freely
I think it's safe to copy and use.

Again, thank you (and the developer, obviously) very much.