AutoIt Portable

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: AutoIt Portable

#31 Post by guinness »

As I mentioned the other day I've been working on a new version of AutoIt Portable with multi-language support as well as a new application to automatically create AutoIt Portable, therefore alleviating any need to move files around.

As not to overshadow ProEject's release on Monday 1st August, I will probably release sometime next week. Most importantly the source code is available, what's the point in using AutoIt Portable if you can't learn from it :mrgreen:

If anyone would like this version beforehand for translating or just to look at the source code for their project(s) then let me know, I'm always happy to share!
Last edited by guinness on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

guinness

#32 Post by guinness »

AutoIt Portable V1.0.0.2

So second day of August and second upload of a new application, AutoIt Creator to be exact. Gone are the days where you had to create the folder structure manually, by dropping the files autoit-v3-sfx.exe and SciTE4AutoIt3.zip onto the GUI will trigger the automatic process of creating AutoIt Portable, thus eliminating any problems that might have been caused in the past. :mrgreen:

Changelog:

Code: Select all

- ADDED: Hotkey enter for opening a selected file in SciTE when the enter key is selected.
- ADDED: Only one instance of AutoIt Portable (not including SciTE) can be run.
- ADDED: New program called AutoIt Creator to create a Portable version automatically.
- ADDED: Multi-language support.
- FIXED: Small UI tweaks.
- UPDATED: Readme file.

joby_toss

#33 Post by joby_toss »

guinness

#34 Post by guinness »

Wow, how quick are you? (21 minutes according to the difference.) I've uploaded the Romanian language. Thanks. :D

guinness

#35 Post by guinness »

What a great day :) I've just uploaded Spanish by an AutoIt user (who wishes to remain anonymous) and suprisingly ProEject has been received with a very warm welcome.

guinness

#36 Post by guinness »

AutoIt Portable V1.0.0.3
I've updated AutoIt Portable with source code improvements and added a new application. Please see the Readme.txt for more details.

Changelog:

- ADDED: AutoIt Portable Install.exe to temporarily install AutoIt Portable to the registry to mimic as though it was installed.
 - UPDATED: Now using AutoIt Beta V3.3.7.22.
 - UPDATED: Source code.

guinness

#37 Post by guinness »

AutoIt Portable V1.1.0.5

AutoIt V3.3.8.0 was released today so it seemed a good time as ever to update AutoIt Portable. :mrgreen:

Changelog:

- UPDATED: Compiled using the latest version of AutoIt V3.3.8.0.
 - UPDATED: Tidied up the source code and removed duplicate functions by creating a single include file.

guinness

#38 Post by guinness »

AutoIt Portable V1.2.0.6

This update is only useful to those of you who use AutoIt Portable Install.exe and have Vista and above.

Changelog:

- UPDATED: AutoIt Portable Install.exe by creating a symlink in C:\Program Files\AutoIt\ to AutoIt Portable (only works on Vista and above.)

guinness

#39 Post by guinness »

AutoIt Portable V1.3.1.6

With the recent changes to SciTE4AutoIt3, I decided to remove some redundant code and tweak the default behaviour of AutoIt Portable, which is to configure SciTE not to saving anything to its own directory. Now you can override these settings by tweaking the file AutoItPortable.ini, which by default has the exact same settings as SciTE4AutoIt3 i.e. save session files and recently opened files. If you want to revert back to the default behaviour of AutoIt Portable then delete this file or change the settings accordingly.

Changelog:

- ADDED: The INI file AutoItPortable.ini to override certain settings in SciTE.

guinness

#40 Post by guinness »

AutoIt Portable V1.4.2.6

I decided to update the Readme.txt as it was reported by a user that they found it difficult to understand the tutorial to create AutoIt Portable (though it was before I created AutoIt Creator!)

Changelog:

- ADDED: AutoIt Portable Install.exe now registers the .au3 filetype to open with SciTE.

guinness

#41 Post by guinness »

AutoIt Portable V1.5.3.7

I've updated AutoIt Portable with the following changes. Thanks to user Ricky for providing the French translation.

Changelog:

- ADDED: French translation. (Thanks to Ricky)
 - FIXED: Issue with long strings not displaying.

guinness

#42 Post by guinness »

AutoIt Portable V1.6.3.10

I've updated AutoIt Portable with the following changes.

Changelog:

- FIXED: Issue where AutoIt Creator would detect an unexpected error if dropping one file at a time.
- IMPROVED: Layout of source code for those wanting to learn AutoIt.
- IMPROVED: Overall memory consumption and CPU usage.

guinness

#44 Post by guinness »

I completely re-working AutoIt Portable, so any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks.

guinness

#45 Post by guinness »

Well finally managed to re-visit my work from the summer and will be ironing out a few problems I've introduced as part of the re-write. Hopefully I will upload on the weekend.