DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
mgerity

Re: DropIt

#1441 Post by mgerity » Wed May 16, 2018 11:35 am

Okay, so I've come across another issue with a FirstFileContentDate format that isn't being recognized. These particular docs always put a period at the end of a 3-letter month, so Jan. Feb. Mar. etc. So, a full example would be:

Aug. 14, 2017

The alpha month designations in my settings file mostly look like this:

MonthJan=Jan[[:alpha:]]*

That isn't catching these months. I'm pretty sure it's that period after the month that's causing the problem, but maybe I'm wrong.

mandarin

Dropit - Renaming Using File Content

#1442 Post by mandarin » Mon May 21, 2018 12:53 am

Hi, is there a way to use a field in the file content in the renaming? I have looked to see if there are any posts on this topic but have not found anything.

TE7

DropIt - Move subfolder

#1443 Post by TE7 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:16 pm

I had dropit on my old laptop and it worked great for many years to the point that I forgot about it.
Laptop hard disk crashed and I installed the latest version. Now, for some reason I am unable to recreate simple settings that I used to have.
I need to move subfolders to another location. Subfolders are automatically created by another application and I need to move them to the network drive.
I have 3 levels of folders and I need to move the last level only. My issue is that level 2 and level 3 folders are moved.

For example:

C:\folder1\folder2\folder3 Move Folder3 only and its content to the network drive Z:\ so final result looks line Z:\Folder3

In my case I always get result Z:\Folder2\Folder3

Any help would be really appreciated.

cghera

Re: DropIt

#1444 Post by cghera » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:08 am

Hello,
I want to use drop it to move specific file types from the Downloads folder to a subfolder\Date (e.g. all .EAR files to EARS\2018-06-13 folder)
I followed your wiki and suggestions http://www.dropitproject.com/dokuwiki/d ... an_folders
but when I download a file a get a message that the file exists in destination directory. The first time the source is shown as 0KB and the second as normal file size.
Other times the pop freezes and even if I choose overwrite or skip it never closes and I need to kill the app using task manager.
I am attaching the settings screenshots.
What am I doing wrong? I use firefox to download files.
Attachments
associations.png
associations.png (9.71 KiB) Viewed 199 times
dropit monitoring.png
dropit options.png

TE7

Re: DropIt - Move subfolder

#1445 Post by TE7 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:16 pm

TE7 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:16 pm
I had dropit on my old laptop and it worked great for many years to the point that I forgot about it.
Laptop hard disk crashed and I installed the latest version. Now, for some reason I am unable to recreate simple settings that I used to have.
I need to move subfolders to another location. Subfolders are automatically created by another application and I need to move them to the network drive.
I have 3 levels of folders and I need to move the last level only. My issue is that level 2 and level 3 folders are moved.

For example:

C:\folder1\folder2\folder3 Move Folder3 only and its content to the network drive Z:\ so final result looks line Z:\Folder3

In my case I always get result Z:\Folder2\Folder3

Any help would be really appreciated.
I installed portable version 7.0 (replaced numbers in current download link) and it works as expected using the same settings.
I'm not sure if something changed in functinality or this is a bug. Either way I'm happy now having Dropit woring the way it sed to be.