DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: DropIt

#331 Post by guinness »

So that means no chance to get into the translators' VIP list? :)
That is the first 'BUG FIX' and then secondly I will concentrate on the finishing touches of the 'Multiple Folder Monitor.' I think for now I will create a separate application for eradicating BUGS and then integrate into DropIt, if users are willing to test? And YES it will be Open Source, even though it doesn't really matter as not many know AutoIt!

Lupo73

#332 Post by Lupo73 »

tproli wrote:So that means no chance to get into the translators' VIP list? :)
You are already included in online translators list :mrgreen: (on DropIt page)..and you will included also in Guide and Help lists since the next release..

fang-face

#333 Post by fang-face »

i admit that i didn't read all of this thread, but i searched and didn't find the following points (on Win XP SP3):

after enlargeing the target image, only about the area of the former size (top left of new image, or even less: the intersection of new image with former image-area) is sensitive for rightclick or moving. however after restart all is ok again.
the curser can't be put at the first position in height field. i had to use the arrow keys.

the button "show/ hide password" is very small.
read-only-files are copied instead of moved. (both intentional?
nothing is done without intention :D
)

on a test dropit hang in a very strange way. i dropped a folder onto the image in order to sort its content
(unchecked "Enable associations also for folders"). dropit started to work but hang immediately. click on "cancel" had no response. rightclick opened the context menu, but no reaction thereafter. however minimization via doubleclick (not rightclick) and restore (via either way) was successful. also exit through the tray icon.
the most strange thing: i identified a file that i tried to sort causing this (so it's probably not a dropit-error). but it was an identical copy of another file, which didn't cause the error. after just renaming the evil copy it worked -- but only sometimes. renaming in a different way or typing the former name it again didn't work. (there weren't ever non-english characters or symbols except "." and "-".)
logfile (with 2 times "closed"-line with empty line):

Code: Select all

File loaded ==> M:\Eann\Downloads\dropit-ausgang1\dropit-ausgang2\12345-12345-12345-12345-12345.lng (17:15:38)
DropIt closed ==> Datum 16-01-2011 (17:17:18)

DropIt closed ==> Datum 16-01-2011 (17:17:19)

:?: :?: :?:

a few suggestions:
on "manage patterns"-window: add a column "target folder".
if columns resized, save this new width (so that many rules remain visible, "*.zip;*.7z;*.exe;*.rar;*.xpi" instead of "*.zip;*.7z;*.exe...").
enable reordering of the columns.

on backup: include the possibility to choose a name for the backup.
on deleting backup: include the possibility to choose which one(s) to delete and not just all.

language file:
why not combine some split items to one, namely

DROP_EVENT_MSGBOX_1=Do you want to "Move" these files to destination folders?
DROP_EVENT_MSGBOX_2=(otherwise they will be "Copied" to destination folders)
and (german example)
MANAGE_EDIT_TIP_4=Komprimiere die passenden Dateien im Zielverzeichnis.
MANAGE_EDIT_TIP_5=(Und lösche die Quelldateien beim Verschieben.)
combine to

DROP_EVENT_MSGBOX_1=Do you want to "Move" these files to destination folders @LF (otherwise they will be "Copied" to destination folders)?
MANAGE_EDIT_TIP_4=Komprimiere die passenden Dateien im Zielverzeichnis @LF (und lösche die Quelldateien beim Verschieben).
like already
CMDLINE_MSGBOX_1=It appears DropIt is using an invalid Profile. @LF It will be started using "Default" profile.
POSITIONPROCESS_MSGBOX_7=Do you want to overwrite it (otherwise it will be skipped)?

maybe insert "(without spaces)" into

MANAGE_EDIT_MSGBOX_7=[...] @LF  @LF  Separate several rules in a pattern with ";" (without spaces) to  @LF  create multi-rule patterns (eg:  *.jpg;*.png ).
it took a while until i recognized that i should type "*.zip;*.7z" instead of "*.zip; *.7z".

insert an empty line in the log-file at the beginning of each new process in order to increase clearness. I added "@LF" to
DROP_EVENT_TIP_0 and DROPIT_STARTED= @LF [...], but that's maybe no good way.

the images cyan2 and z_gold have a little hole at the tip of the arrow. :)

:arrow: for Lupo: i rewrote German.lng and i'm going to pm it to You.

edit: my former english teachers would kill me: "sensitive", not "sensible".

guinness

#334 Post by guinness »

after enlargeing the target image, only about the area of the former size (top left of new image, or even less: the intersection of new image with former image-area) is sensitive for rightclick or moving. however after restart all is ok again.
the curser can't beI put at the first position in height field. i had to use the arrow keys.
I have Fixed already in the un-released new version :) Thanks for finding though.
read-only-files are copied instead of moved.
OK, will have a look. Should be easy to resolve (I think.)
Intentional for safety reasons.
on a test dropit hang in a very strange way. i dropped a folder onto the image in order to sort its content
(unchecked "Enable associations also for folders"). dropit started to work but hang immediately. click on "cancel" had no response. rightclick opened the context menu, but no reaction thereafter.
How large was the Folder/File? This can sometimes be a problem on XP.
however minimization via doubleclick (not rightclick) and restore (via either way) was successful. also exit through the tray icon.
I have Fixed already in the un-released new version :) Thanks for finding though.
the most strange thing: i identified a file that i tried to sort causing this (so it's probably not a dropit-error). but it was an identical copy of another file, which didn't cause the error. after just renaming the evil copy it worked -- but only sometimes. renaming in a different way or typing the former name it again didn't work. (there weren't ever non-english characters or symbols except "." and "-".) logfile (with 2 times "closed"-line with empty line):
OK.

And thanks for the "a few suggestions" Lupo will probably get back to you on these. I am particularly interested in
1. if columns resized, save this new width (so that many rules remain visible, "*.zip;*.7z;*.exe;*.rar;*.xpi" instead of "*.zip;*.7z;*.exe..."). enable reordering of the columns.
2. on deleting backup: include the possibility to choose which one(s) to delete and not just all.
3. insert an empty line in the log-file at the beginning of each new process in order to increase clearness. I added "@LF" to

Note: it took a while until i recognized that i should type "*.zip;*.7z" instead of "*.zip; *.7z". - This can't be Fixed, I could use StringStripWS() to strip the Whitespace, but if you use *program name* it will return *programname* therefore this is just a case of reading the Help File! :D

Thanks for the Tips and Advice, it was very clear and concise.

Lupo73

#335 Post by Lupo73 »

In these days we are working also on DropIt (not only on ArcThemALL!), on two different versions: 1.5 and 2.0.

The second one is still under development, even if part of the plugin system is ready. The first one instead needs only to be tested a while, to fix eventual minor issues. You can download this BETA (unstable) release from here:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... Source.zip

You can help us to test it. The major interesting feature is the integration of move/copy selection in pattern editor (and so different for each pattern). Starting from this version you could choose in the same profile to move some images in a folder and to copy compressed documents in another one. :D (I think much better!)

This is the full changelog:
- improved software interface
- improved software Options
- integrated move/copy choose in each pattern
- added option to start DropIt on system startup (thanks to Guinness!)
- added option to use profile icon in traybar menu (thanks to Guinness!)
- added support to change profile in Manage Patterns window (thanks to Guinness!)
- updated Help file
- removed Guide file (available online)
- fixed minor bugs
Last edited by Lupo73 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lupo73

#336 Post by Lupo73 »

This is the updated English file:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... nglish.lng

And these are language changes for this version:

ADDED:
COMPRESS_COPY=Copy Compressed
COMPRESS_MOVE=Move Compressed
COPY=Copy
EMPTY=Empty
MANAGE_EDIT_MSGBOX_8=Transfer Mode
MANAGE_EDIT_MSGBOX_9=You can select the mode of processing files that match with this pattern.
MANAGE_TRANSFER_MODE=Transfer Mode
MOVE=Move
OPTIONS_CHECKBOX_13=Use profile icon in traybar
OPTIONS_CHECKBOX_14=Start DropIt on system startup
OPTIONS_LABEL_3=Usage
OPTIONS_TIP_3=Note that this is a not portable feature.

MODIFIED:
MANAGE_EDIT_MSGBOX_5=You have to insert a correct pattern ("$", "?", "|" characters cannot be used).
MANAGE_EDIT_MSGBOX_6=Supported Rules
MANAGE_EDIT_TIP_2=As destination folders are supported both absolute and relative paths.
MANAGE_GUI_TIP_1=Select a Profile to change its patterns.
OPTIONS_BACKUP_MSGBOX_3=Successfully restored the selected DropIt Backup.
OPTIONS_BACKUP_MSGBOX_4=Backup removed
OPTIONS_BACKUP_MSGBOX_5=Successfully removed the selected DropIt Backup.
OPTIONS_BUTTON_3=Remove

REMOVED:
COMPRESS=Compress
DEFAULT=Set as Default
DROP_EVENT_MSGBOX_0=Choose the DropIt Mode
DROP_EVENT_MSGBOX_1=Do you want to "Move" these files to destination folders?
DROP_EVENT_MSGBOX_2=(otherwise they will be "Copied" to destination folders)
FULL_HELP=Full Help
GUIDE=Guide
MANAGE_ASSOCIATION_TYPE=Association Type
MANAGE_EDIT_TIP_3=Ignore files that match with this pattern.
MANAGE_EDIT_TIP_4=Compress matching files in destination folder.
MANAGE_EDIT_TIP_5=(and Delete source files in "Move" mode)
MANAGE_EDIT_TIP_6=Select a destination folder for this association.
MANAGE_GUI_MSGBOX_0=Tips and Tricks
MANAGE_GUI_MSGBOX_1=- As destination folders are supported both absolute ("C:\Lupo\My Images") and relative ("..\My Images") paths.  @LF  @LF  - If you want to use different pattern groups, for example on different computers, you can click "Profiles" >> "Customize" to create and manage them.  @LF  @LF  - If you want to ignore files that match with a specified pattern, you can select "Exclude" association type and not insert a destination folder.  @LF  @LF  - If you want to compress files that match with a specified pattern, you can select "Compress" association type.
NORMAL=Normal
OPTIONS_BACKUP_MSGBOX_6=Backups removed
OPTIONS_BACKUP_MSGBOX_7=Successfully removed DropIt Backups.
OPTIONS_CHECKBOX_4=Use automatic positioning mode
OPTIONS_LABEL_4=Positioning Mode
OPTIONS_LABEL_6=Integration
OPTIONS_MODE_0=Copy
OPTIONS_MODE_1=Move
Last edited by Lupo73 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guinness

#337 Post by guinness »

And thanks for the "a few suggestions" Lupo will probably get back to you on these. I am particularly interested in
1. if columns resized, save this new width (so that many rules remain visible, "*.zip;*.7z;*.exe;*.rar;*.xpi" instead of "*.zip;*.7z;*.exe..."). enable reordering of the columns.
2. on deleting backup: include the possibility to choose which one(s) to delete and not just all.
3. insert an empty line in the log-file at the beginning of each new process in order to increase clearness. I added "@LF" to
4. the images cyan2 and z_gold have a little hole at the tip of the arrow.
fang-face you will happy to hear I have just sent a new version to Lupo containing the following plus more. With regards to DROPIT_STARTED= @LF this is now set in the Program and not the translation. Your suggestion for @LF in DROP_EVENT_TIP_0 has not been implemented (yet!) But if you want to add to your custom translation (not the one you send to Lupo) then thats perfectly fine.

fang-face

#338 Post by fang-face »

guinness wrote: I have Fixed already
Great.
Intentional for safety reasons.
That's what I guessed.
How large was the Folder/File? This can sometimes be a problem on XP.
the most strange thing: i identified a file that i tried to sort causing this (so it's probably not a dropit-error). but it was [...]
It was a .cer-file (then renamed to something.txt or something-else.lng) of 2,08kiB (precise 2.129 B). The error occurred whether i processed it together with other files of total size ~170MiB (then DropIt hang when it reached this file), or -- after i found out that the villain was this single file -- just alone.
this is just a case of reading the Help File!
I admit that i didn't read the help file first, only the info inside the programme (so i wrote just as in a normal text a space after the punctuation mark). but there it's not clearly stated as well:
Use ; semi-colon to separate multiple items in a list.
The list can contain any combination of file-names, file-types, and folder names, with or without wildcards.
But nevertheless now i know.
This can't be Fixed, I could use StringStripWS()
Ups, programming language, mostly beyond my scope.
it was very clear and concise.
Oh, thanks.
With regards to DROPIT_STARTED= @LF this is now set in the Program and not the translation.
Yes, i thought that that was probably just unelegant patchwork.

fang-face

#339 Post by fang-face »

fang-face wrote: It was a .cer-file (then renamed to something.txt or something-else.lng) of 2,08kiB (precise 2.129 B). The error occurred whether i processed it together with other files of total size ~170MiB (then DropIt hang when it reached this file), or -- after i found out that the villain was this single file -- just alone.
I tried once more, so further details:
1. The evil file is "evil-file.cer" (size=2.129B). Drop it on DropIt -> hangs.
2. Made a copy through windows itself, automatically named "Kopie von evil-file.cer" -> no Problem with Dropit.
3. Renamed that good copy to "evil-file" (no extension) or "evil-file.txt" -> Dropit hangs.
so it looks like the file name is problematic (invisible characters?)?

during all these actions i had no sorting rule for .cer (but there was no problem with other .cer-files or other extensions, they just were skipped as in 2). now i made one (move *.cer to folder target-folder) and i got:
1'. now no problem, file moved.
2'. no problem as above.
3'. same problem.

all the same when i started with evil-file.txt (or .t or ...) in the first place.
all the same when i deleted the content of the file -> size = 0B.
the real name is telekomemail-stammzertifikat-TrustedServicesCACert, but other files with long names made no problem.

maybe it's not worth at all to take a closer look at this, more than ever it's perhaps not an error of DropIt. but i find it so weird.

a poltergeist on my machine?

Lupo73

#340 Post by Lupo73 »

Increased of a couple of pixels :mrgreen:
read-only-files are copied instead of moved.
I'll check it, even if probably guinness will be faster than me to fix it :P
on "manage patterns"-window: add a column "target folder".
Ok, it will be added in next version 2.0
enable reordering of the columns.
I'm not sure to implement it..anyway not decided yet
on backup: include the possibility to choose a name for the backup.
May be in version 2.0
on deleting backup: include the possibility to choose which one(s) to delete and not just all.
Done by guinness (as various other fixes)..now I think the button has to be renamed in "Remove" and some minor changes needed (I can remove the message to confirm the deletion, given that now to remove a backup are needed more steps than one click, so not dangerous)
why not combine some split items to one, namely
Most of language strings are correctly combined, lines you reported are removed in this new release..if you think the same for other strings, report them :wink:
it took a while until i recognized that i should type "*.zip;*.7z" instead of "*.zip; *.7z".
I think we could add support to both ways, but only for ";" and "; " string, not for all spaces in the string..it may be the solution
insert an empty line in the log-file at the beginning of each new process in order to increase clearness. I added "@LF" to DROP_EVENT_TIP_0 and DROPIT_STARTED= @LF [...], but that's maybe no good way.
You are right for DROPIT_STARTED, but why also for DROP_EVENT_TIP_0 do you want it? May be because it is the beginning of each sorting operation?
the images cyan2 and z_gold have a little hole at the tip of the arrow.
I'm going to fix them..

Thanks for all these advices..and for the translation..to develop a good software we need also this kind of collaboration :wink:

guinness

#341 Post by guinness »

Lupo, I already did the images :D
the images cyan2 and z_gold have a little hole at the tip of the arrow.
I'm not sure to implement it..anyway not decided yet
I do!

Lupo73

#342 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks for the images ;)

And ok for columns reordering.. 2 vs 1 :P

guinness

#343 Post by guinness »

Ah whoops, I mean I know how to implement Column re-ordering but I don't see any reason for now.

Lupo73

#344 Post by Lupo73 »

Ok so 1 vs 2 for now :mrgreen:

I have updated the language code and the beta version with some of these fixes:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... Source.zip

tproli

#345 Post by tproli »

Couple of things here:

1. TRANSLATION
New Hungarian translation here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17407690/DropIt/Hungarian.lng

2. REQUEST
Is it possible to use "tpr" instead of "tproli" as my name as the translator?

3. SUGGESTION
I've simplified things a bit in the Hungarian translations. Now there are Profiles -> Patterns -> Associations in the English version. I think this could be abbreviated into Profiles -> Rules -> Rule, that is, only Profiles and Rules.
In my tests I felt there's no need to use patterns and associations, and probably newcomers would find it easier too. Of course, maybe "Rule" is not the best term.

+1: SERIOUS BUG
I'm still not listed in the offline chm help :(

Thanks