DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
TE7

Re: DropIt - Move subfolder

#1471 Post by TE7 »

divinity666 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:24 pm @TE7

Welcome and thanks for working with DropIt that long and hopefully you keep continuing doing so!
TE7 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:16 pm I installed portable version 7.0 (replaced numbers in current download link) and it works as expected using the same settings.
I'm not sure if something changed in functinality or this is a bug. Either way I'm happy now having Dropit woring the way it sed to be.
To be honest, I can't tell you either. Could you provide your profile.ini with your applying ruleset? Then I could try checking that out.

Best regards
divinity666
Attached is Default.ini file which works perfectly fine with version 7 and doesn't work with the latest version.
I think that folder monitoring feature might not be workih the way it used to. I'm using it on Win10 computer if that information is important.

bszen27

Re: DropIt

#1472 Post by bszen27 »

Hello. I wanted to suggest simply making the order of the association list the way to handle priority rather than just a star. Right now I have 3 associations that need to be run in a specific order, but the software doesn't allow for that. Not a big deal, but seems like a logical way to handle priority.

shlackbaum

#1473 Post by shlackbaum »

Hi there.
GREAT Application. Thank you so much for this.
I've got some troubles with folders and subfolders sorting.
1) I am categorizing my Downloads folder, so that any file that is downloaded will me moved to a specific folder inside the Downloads folder. I am tring to make rules for that, but monitoring system starts to check not just files in Downloads folder, but all the files in all subfolders (which is NOT the way things are planned=).
So i am trying to include some instruction to my association list that will tell the app to search for files with correct extensions but NOT to look in subfolders.
2) At the same time i have a rule to move all the folders in Downloads folder in the "Folder" folder inside the Downloads folder (but only if the folder name is NOT one of the folder that a created as specific for files of chosen extensions). The rule works, but the subfolder problem maybe in som conflict with it?

P.S. I've tried the trick from http://www.dropitproject.com/dokuwiki/d ... an_folders:
"If you want to ignore subfolders of monitored folders, you can select “Always process folders and not scan them” from Options (“Main” tab) and add the following association as the only one for folders"
but it doesn't seem to help. Every time i drag all folders to DropIt icon (or start a monitoring session with 10 sec interval) - DropIt says that it has to check 10 GB of Data - and that tells me that created rules are not entirelly correct.

Can someone tell what is the problem?
Attachments
Assotiation.png

v7line

#1474 Post by v7line »

Hi all,

First of all, huge thanks to the developers! The software helps us a lot for renaming word (.doc) documents based on specific contents in the file. We are now trying to do the same for .pdf files (i.e. renaming files based on specific contents) but the files are always skipped, whatever we tried. From search I get conflicting answers on whether DropIt can process the contents of pdf or not. Could someone please indicate if DropIt can do this? Thanks a lot in advance.

chris2244

#1475 Post by chris2244 »

Hello

I am new to DropIt, and am astonished at how useful it has already been. Thank you to those who developed it, and to those who - as I read through the posts on this forum - seem to respond so quickly with suggestions/solutions. Here is my question (apologies in advance if it's been answered in any of the preceding 1400+ posts).

I want to rename a pdf file, using a text string within the pdf file. The string will always take the exact form "Approval confirmation reference *****" in which the five asterisks represent a sequence of five numbers. I would like to rename the file as Approval confirmation reference 12345.pdf

If I filter for the first three words of text in the string I can, using:

%FileContentMatch1%.%FileExt%

achieve a filename of: Approval confirmation reference.pdf

Is it possible somehow to recognise the five numbers which follow the three-word text string?

I hope this is clear

Thanks

C

progser

regex case conversion in dropit

#1476 Post by progser »

hi
i'm beginner for regular expression and i hope help for that question: the syntax of the regex inside dropit is:

regex (p1, r1)

p1 = regex pattern
r1 = regex replacement pattern

the regex that I have created is made this way

regex(\d?\dx\d\d \p{Ll},)

I would want to convert the lowercase character (\p{Ll}) in uppercase and to leave the other as it is
I don't succeed in understanding as he does, I don't succeed in returning the same regex of origin converting only the lowercase character after the space in uppercase

What is the syntax for the regex replacement pattern?

thanks

progser

regex case conversion in dropit

#1477 Post by progser »

any help?
I accept any suggestion

exactly I look for the syntax for the regex case conversion inside dropit

calamarz

Copy file in multiple directory

#1478 Post by calamarz »

Hello,

I'm trying to do a simple thing on paper when a file arrives in a folder I want to copy it directly into three different folders, would you have an idea or trick because I can not make a rule that would make a copy in a folder then in another and so on.

thank you

lintalist

#1479 Post by lintalist »

@calamarz perhaps belvedere is more suitable? See https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1682

bitcoin

#1480 Post by bitcoin »

99 pages of comments, DropIt must be a useful program

Midas

#1481 Post by Midas »

Lupo73 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:56 amDropIt [OP]...
Or one of the longest and most faithful forum topics... 8)

SYSTEM

#1482 Post by SYSTEM »

Midas wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:23 am Or one of the longest and most faithful forum topics... 8)
Not "one of the longest". The longest, hands down.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#1483 Post by webfork »

bitcoin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:59 am 99 pages of comments, DropIt must be a useful program
Unfortunately the developer hasn't been on our forums in some time so most of the responses here have been from helpful other users. I'm not sure if the program itself is still active.

bitcoin

#1484 Post by bitcoin »

webfork wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:28 pm
bitcoin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:59 am 99 pages of comments, DropIt must be a useful program
Unfortunately the developer hasn't been on our forums in some time so most of the responses here have been from helpful other users. I'm not sure if the program itself is still active.
i noticed that quite a few of the commenters in this thread had only one or two posts so they were motivated enough to register just to comment or ask questions on DropIt

gibman

#1485 Post by gibman »

Hello,

I have bulk pdf files with some form fields (e.g, surname, last name, title, etc.).
I would like to rename the files with the data in the last and first name fields -- would this be possible with DropIt?
For example, the original file name is 'submission_1.pdf' and this is renamed to 'TomDavies.pdf'.

Thanks in advance,
Gibman