DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Hitman

Re: DropIt

#1096 Post by Hitman »

Hi, found a bug (I think) that has been frustrating me for a while, but I managed to replicate it.

In short: I use DropIt to move OCR'ed pdf files to a folder/subfolder structure (e.g. /2013/05) where Evernote imports it automatically. The problem is that when moving files, the Archive file attribute is cleared and that is what Evernote uses to see if a files has been imported or not.

Is it possible to keep the Archive file attribute and move a file at the same time?

Lupo73

#1097 Post by Lupo73 »

Try this update and let me know if the problem persists:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

A general note: starting from this version I unified 32-bit and 64-bit versions (I modified the code of loin2kolpotoru to automatically install the correct exe in the installer version), keeping only two packages (Installer and Portable).

Hitman

#1098 Post by Hitman »

It seems that the Archive attribute is unchanged after moving, so it works now, thanks!

Another problem with the version you posted popped-up though: it seems that one of the abbreviations I use doesn't work anymore:

Rules: *_OCR.pdf
Action: Move
Destination: C:\Administration\%YearModified%\%MonthModified%\

The files I scanned are moved to C:\Administration\2013\ (not C:\Administration\2013\05)

Is that something you can replicate on your end?

starstuff

#1099 Post by starstuff »

Thanks Lupo for the %PortableDrive%! its working great!

Is it possible to make it more intelligent? it will know what external drive the destination folder is in even when Dropit is not run in the particular external drive?

destination folder = %portabledrive%\library
example. i run Dropit in C:\ = %portabledrive% is C:\ ,suppose i connected external drive sometimes it shows E:\ or F:\ or G:\,
dropit will look for the particular drive letter with the .\library in it.

TIA

tproli

#1100 Post by tproli »

And what would happen if there are two or more "%drive%\library" folders (more than one external drives connected)?

Lupo73

#1101 Post by Lupo73 »

@Hitman: it correctly works for me, could you send me an example of file that isn't correctly moved?

@starstuff: sorry, but I think it isn't possible because abbreviations are replaced by corresponding strings, independently of the rest of the string where are used.

Hitman

#1102 Post by Hitman »

Lupo73 wrote:@Hitman: it correctly works for me, could you send me an example of file that isn't correctly moved?
:oops:

I am embarrassed to admit it, but it seems that I was still running another program at the same time which screwed things up (Belvedere). Testings shows that all is working now, thanks again (and yes, I've uninstalled Belvedere :D).

tproli

#1103 Post by tproli »

So you're having too many irons in the fire, aren't you? :)

Hitman

#1104 Post by Hitman »

tproli wrote:So you're having too many irons in the fire, aren't you? :)
Yes, but I'm convinced now that DropIt is the only file processor for me :) ...

Lupo73

#1105 Post by Lupo73 »

eheh.. Belvedere is not bad, but I'm trying to make DropIt even better :roll:

The next version 5.2 is ready, now I'm waiting for language translations.. help to update old translations is welcome! thanks!
Updated: English, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese.
Not Updated: Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese.
Last edited by Lupo73 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

starstuff

#1106 Post by starstuff »

@Lupo73,

thanks sir for the reply! i'll just copy dropit to my external drive.

Dropit is way ahead of Belvedere, it sort of like a simple Jarvis from ironman for me.

i have an enhancement request for the ambiguation of filenames where you choose where you put the files.
the feature is to observe heirarchy for ambiguation based on the rule position inside the profile.

example.

i have files "New File Document (N)", "New File (N)", "New (N)"

suppose we have checked the option observe heirarchy (warning! this will remove user intervention)

i will set the rules as

1. *New File Document* move to c:\New File Document
2. *New File* move to c:\New File
3. *New* move to c:\New

based on their heirarchy, all files with "New File Document" in them will be move to c:\New File Document without asking the user and same with 2 and 3

whereas if i set the rule (change 2 and 3)

1. *New File Document* move to c:\New File Document
2. *New* move to c:\New
3. *New File* move to c:\New File

based on their heirarchy, all files with "New File Document" will be move to c:\New File Document while the rest of the files will move to c:\New

and lastly if i set the rule (change 1 and 3)

1. *New* move to c:\New
2. *New File* move to c:\New File
3. *New File Document* move to c:\New File Document

based on their heirarchy, all files with "New" (New File Document, New File and New) will be move to c:\New without question!

TIA

Lupo73

#1107 Post by Lupo73 »

Other users already required it and I planned to consider the feature in one of the next releases, even if I'm not sure to add it. In alternative I'm considering to add a checkbox in associations to "force to use it" in case of ambiguity. What do you think about it?

starstuff

#1108 Post by starstuff »

i think that will do, thanks! :)

webfork

#1109 Post by webfork »

Hitman wrote:I am embarrassed to admit it, but it seems that I was still running another program at the same time which screwed things up (Belvedere)
I really like that program, but gave up on working with it after it just didn't seem to do what it was told. The lack of active development made me move on to other things. AutoVer gets pretty close.

cafevn

#1110 Post by cafevn »

hi, i have folder with structure:

-Folder
--File1_01.jpg
--File1_02.jpg
--File2_01.jpg
--File2_02.jpg
--File2_03.jpg

i want move File1_01.jpg, File1_02.jpg to File1 Folder
and File2_01.jpg, File2_02.jpg, File2_03.jpg to File2 Folder