DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Lupo73

Re: DropIt

#1021 Post by Lupo73 »

Yes, it is correct because the archive is created with files of a drop and not updated with next files. The reason is that DropIt doesn't know if the user wants to replace or merge the existent archive. I could consider to add support to this feature, it is not complex, but I have to study how to integrate it.

whoisearth

#1022 Post by whoisearth »

Perfect! If you could. I was thinking in the meantime to just write a batch that will call "7z.exe u" but I'm not sure if it could still pass the variables on the association.

In the meantime I'll just setup a windows task to compress the logs that are copied from the previous day. Would be great if that could be internalized within DropIt though.

Lupo73

#1023 Post by Lupo73 »

I completed the improvements for the next version 5.0 and in less than a month we have a widely redesigned release!
I updated also the guide and the translation, so I'll write to all translators soon.
It is available for the last tests from here: http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

@whoisearth: "Compress" action now support to merge new files to existent archives (you can select it in "Item already exists" window, instead of Overwrite selection).. let me know if you like it..

whoisearth

#1024 Post by whoisearth »

You are a rockstar Lupo! Testing it now :)

UPDATE - Tested and works perfectly!

Lupo73

#1025 Post by Lupo73 »

New stable release 5.0 available!

spicydog

#1026 Post by spicydog »

Lupo73 wrote:New stable release 5.0 available!
Excellent.

I just tested it quickly but I must say that the %Counter% and %UserInput% abbreviations are very nice.

Lupo73

#1027 Post by Lupo73 »

I started working on the next minor update 5.1:
- improved interface and context menu
- added option to decide the order to process file groups
- added support to filter files in a size/date range (Additional Filters)
- added support to import ".dropit" packages of target images
- fixed bug creating encrypted archives
- fixed several minor bugs

I updated also the Guide to include some examples for abbreviations and modifiers.
The first test release is available here:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

I finally defined a draft of the development plans:
- version 5.1 (minor improvements, some new features, bug fixes)
- version 6.0 (new solution to store associations, RegEx for each association, Manage Duplicates for each association, "Tag Music" action, improvements of several actions)
- version 7.0 (support multiple actions, new solution to manage additional filters)

the accountant

#1028 Post by the accountant »

In version 4.5 , when i unzip a zip it unzips into a folder named applicationzipfolder. However in v5 the application just unzips into the root folder. How can i restore the previous behavior?

Thanks

Lupo73

#1029 Post by Lupo73 »

the accountant wrote:In version 4.5 , when i unzip a zip it unzips into a folder named applicationzipfolder. However in v5 the application just unzips into the root folder. How can i restore the previous behavior?

Thanks
What destination folder do you use for your association? And what do you mean with "into the root folder"?

Lupo73

#1030 Post by Lupo73 »

This is the link to the updated beta version:

I made some more changes:
- improved method to store associations (now only association names have to be unique)
- improved progress bar with Create List action
- improved upgrade performance
- added link to download more target images in Customize Profiles window
- added support to filter folders by file content of included files (Additional Filters)
- added support to filter folders by included files/folders (Additional Filters)
- fixed "always on top" option
- fixed several minor bugs

Tests are welcome! The first listed improvement may simplifies the addition of some new features, let me know if the upgrade from previous versions works fine (keep a backup copy of your settings).

I also removed the support to import ".dropit" packages of target images (not needed) and created the page where additional target images are stored (thanks to Horus for the first icon sets):
http://dropit.sourceforge.net/targets.php

GraemeEvans

#1031 Post by GraemeEvans »

having a few odd problems with the portable version.

the v5 was acting odd when process folders as files was unchecked. It would try to copy all folders in the monitored folders to c:\ despite there being no associations active and ignore unassocated items was checked. this seems to bw fixed with your v5.1 beta but now that version isnt remembering any settings changes. It remembers monitored folders but all the options revert to default when restarting. Also meaning it wont open with the same profile it closed on even though the settings.ini may tell it to open with "shows" profile it loads with default and opening the setttings.ini it has changed to profile=default

any advice would be appreciated or if you need any specific info just ask.

Lupo73

#1032 Post by Lupo73 »

I fixed some issues and there are few other known problems not solved yet (I'm doing so many changes with version 5.0 and 5.1 that some bugs are expected). Thanks for the report of this new issue. The reason is that I changed the system to store settings in this update, I'll fix the problem.

Lupo73

#1033 Post by Lupo73 »

I made a minor update with the settings issue fixed:

RainrooM

#1034 Post by RainrooM »

I monitor 2 folders with jpg files in it. The profile is set "Overwrite if newer". I add some more jpg files in the monitored folder. I would expect that the destination file would be overwritten, but that's not the case. action = create list (html).
What do I do wrong or is this a bug ?

Lupo73

#1035 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks for the report, I'm fixing it.