DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Lupo73

Re: DropIt

#646 Post by Lupo73 »

You are right guinness, I could compile also x64 version.. I don't remember if I already asked you it, but do you know a way to verify that it works fine?

Leif

#647 Post by Leif »

The first time I started the new beta I was told that an update (3.8!) was available.

guinness

#648 Post by guinness »

Leif,

It's because the comparison is 'if the version number isn't the version number running' then there is an update available, but I mentioned to Lupo73 when I created that function that it's better to compare if the number currently running is less than the number available online.

Lupo73,

There is no verification, the user just has to run it and notify when an error occurs, but most of the UDFs have been updated to be x64 compliant & I've done alot of beta testing for AutoIt too!

Lupo73

#649 Post by Lupo73 »

Yes, sorry about the false update report.. I forgot to fix it in the official beta release (I kept it because helped me to test the new update method)..

About x64 version, I'll publish it soon for tests (with the second beta)..

Let me know if you like new features and improvements :wink:

Leif

#650 Post by Leif »

Tillman (aka Si3rra) wrote about DropIt yesterday, but it was not published since he was not previously a member here. Who OKs his message and when?

Leif

#651 Post by Leif »

Certainly no big deal but I was a bit surprised when I failed to delete my password after I had selected it and then hit Delete.
Nothing happened. Huh? See image:

Leif

#652 Post by Leif »

si3rra wrote:guinness, hi. im the friend of Leif thats running Windows classic, the registry for the selected theme is found @
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes
The string "CurrentTheme", but can be hard if user is using a custom theme, but ill guess there is something there that tells.

To Leif, hello!

Last of all some kind of bug report, to continue on the Recycle thing, the problem is that i can set a rule / association to move or copy a file to a system folder (that i choose from the popup box) it can be "Computer", "Network" or Recycle bin. but then when dropping files they are as some of thoose places is not even writeable the files are moved to a folder called for example "Computer" in the DropIt program folder.
Any comments on this issue?

tux.

#653 Post by tux. »

I, personally, miss regex support for file names...

tux.

#654 Post by tux. »

One more thing that's missing is the ability to perform more than one action per file. :/

epb613

#655 Post by epb613 »

Hi, thanks for the great program! This could save me so much time organizing the scans in my digital office.

I noticed a bug though - when I have conflicting rules, and try to sort a file,, the select option dialog appears, but nothing is displayed on it, and the program stops responding. My rules weren't mutually exclusive of each other - they were both copy.

Ideally, I wish the program could support multiple actions. This is because alot of time I want my scans to go several places. For example, if I scan a receipt from a charity I donated to, I want to set up a move rule to add it to a folder for that charity, and another move rule to add it to my taxes folder. (So basically, I would set up 2 move rules, and it would copy the files to each folder, and delete the original.)

Let me know if you need more details to replicate my bug.

Thanks,
Pinny

Lupo73

#656 Post by Lupo73 »

@Leif: I'll check the problem to delete the password.. even if I think it is not a priority now..

@Si3rra: I'll check also the problem using system folders as destinations..

@tux: RegEx support and multi-action support are already in the list of planned features, I'll try to do my best in next releases to implement them..

My plan at the moment is to do few more fixes and minor improvements to current beta, publish a second beta and then a stable version before the new year..

tux.

#657 Post by tux. »

Great, thanks. :)

si3rra

#658 Post by si3rra »

@Lupo73 thanks. :)
but the "same" thing appers if i set up kind of crazy associations, like.

Compress -> *.txt using -> notepad.exe i drop a .txt file and sometimes the software asks for decryption password, but every time a folder called notepad.exe is created in the dropit folder. (looks like this dropit\notepad.exe\textfile.zip (containg the file) :P

guinness

#659 Post by guinness »

The deletion of the password isn't an AutoIt error & was simple to find, though I haven't committed because I didn't know how you would do it.

The problem is here (see code box) because DEL is being taken up by a dummy control, so the alternative is to use another hotkey (Ctrl+R) OR when the monitoring tab is selected set the hotkeys as below and if not then set again minus the DEL key item.

Code: Select all

Local $oHotKeys[3][2] = [["^n", $oMn_Add],["{DELETE}", $oMn_Remove],["{ENTER}", $oMn_Edit]]
	GUISetAccelerators($oHotKeys)
Last edited by guinness on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lupo73

#660 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks for the report guinness, I'll check it..

@si3rra: I don't know why sometimes it asks for decryption password, but anyway it correctly works because for Compress actions you have to define the destination folder and not the program used to compress files..

In a next release I'm considering to remove special actions and integrate them as normal actions, naming them: Shortcut, Playlist, Clipboard.. I'd like to know your opinion about it, also because they are not verbs (as other actions) and could badly sound together.. but on the other hand it may simplifies and extends their use..