DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Lupo73

Re: DropIt

#601 Post by Lupo73 »

I could consider to add %BrowseDir% variable.. and I'll try to find a solution to improve %ParentDir% variable..

Instead of BrowseDir, you could try also another solution for it:
1. create an association with one of the desired subfolders as destination
2. right-click the created association and "Copy to" the same profile to duplicate the association
3. modify the destination of the new association with another desired subfolder
4. do the same for all desired subfolders

Now when you will drop files that match with these associations, you could select the desired destination from the Select Action window..

tproli

#602 Post by tproli »

"%ParentDir%\..\" should copy one dir up.

kuihdez

#603 Post by kuihdez »

Lupo73 wrote:I could consider to add %BrowseDir% variable.. and I'll try to find a solution to improve %ParentDir% variable..

Instead of BrowseDir, you could try also another solution for it:
1. create an association with one of the desired subfolders as destination
2. right-click the created association and "Copy to" the same profile to duplicate the association
3. modify the destination of the new association with another desired subfolder
4. do the same for all desired subfolders

Now when you will drop files that match with these associations, you could select the desired destination from the Select Action window..
When I Do that, it tells me that the association is already there and if I want to replace it.

Lupo73

#604 Post by Lupo73 »

Can you post a screenshot of that message? Are you using the last stable release?

kuihdez

#605 Post by kuihdez »

Lupo73 wrote:Can you post a screenshot of that message? Are you using the last stable release?
I'm Using latest stable.

there you go for the screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/8nWFm.png

Lupo73

#606 Post by Lupo73 »

Yes, the error is correct. Read again the procedure I wrote you to duplicate associations: you have to right-click the association, click "Copy to..." and select as destination the same profile where the association comes from. It will correctly create the duplicate. :wink:

Leif

#607 Post by Leif »

I just found DropIt! What an ingenious programme! Just what I need - this will make my job much easier so thanks a bundle for this proggy.
Some minor things:
Alt+O and Alt+C for OK and Cancel don't work for me (well, it seems they work once but not more). Since I'm a keyboard freak I added ampersands to the Settings items. The letter got underlined all right but pressing Alt plus this letter did nothing whatsoever. Weird...

MiDoJo

#608 Post by MiDoJo »

Hey Lupo over at ccleaner someone asked to have a cleaning rule for Dropit Logs and Backups. Where are these stored? Also would there be any registry entries (in the non-portable version) that would need cleaning (i.e. last opened or anything)?
Feel free to answer here or (better yet) http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?sho ... t&p=207061

Thanks MiDoJo/Nergal

RainrooM

#609 Post by RainrooM »

Hello,

is it possible to add a link to the destionation folder?
Example, when you are in the "manage associations" screen and you click on the path of the destination, it would be nice if the explorer opens and you get to the folder content directly.

Thanks in advance.

Lupo73

#610 Post by Lupo73 »

DropIt stores all setting files:
- in its folder (portable version)
- in "DropIt" subfolder of system settings folder (installed version)

By default in both versions it creates:
- "Profiles" folder
- "settings.ini" file
- no registry entries

Enabling some options in both versions it creates:
- "Backup" folder
- "LogFile.log" file
- SendTo files (in related system folder)
- key to integrate in Context menu (it will be removed from next release)
- key to start on system startup

Lupo73

#611 Post by Lupo73 »

About link destinations in Manage Associations window, it could be considered but it may works only for simple destination folders and not for many other destinations (all non-folder destinations, plus folder destinations with environment variables).. so most of times it may be grayed..

MiDoJo

#612 Post by MiDoJo »

RainrooM

#613 Post by RainrooM »

I understand your point Lupo73. However maybe you could program it such that the link can be used in case no environment variables or other non folder destinations are used. Don't know how much work it means, but maybe you may consider it for the future somewhere.

tproli

#614 Post by tproli »

Why do you need that feature? If you are using DropIt than you are not in the Manage Associations dialog.

For me it would make more sense to use this feature somehow on the main DropIt window (image), or from the right-click menu or using a hotkey, middle mouse button, etc.

RainrooM

#615 Post by RainrooM »

It's not a must that this can be done from the manage ass. dialog.
An easy way to 'jump' to some folders, without opening the explorer and go manually to the folder, is ok for me, no matter how or from where.