MetaPad

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
donald

MetaPad

#1 Post by donald »

I know this application has been rejected for writing to the registry.

I would like to try 3 things.

1. I would like to ask JauntePE adepts to develop a launcher in that fashion if possible.

And a shot in the dark but ...
2. I would like to ask anyone interested in having this as a native green portable app to contact the developer and ask for the change to a non registry dependent version. His email for this application is metapad-feedback@liquidninja.com

Yet another shot in the dark but in case someone who is interested reads this forum.

3. I would ask anyone who could to develop a registry free version if possible, please see the quote below.
March 20, 2009: The metapad has turned 10 years old today! To celebrate, I've finally released the source code. I've also written a new post about metapad on my personal blog.
I believe this and the big note saying it is now with open source might make such development efforts legal.

I hope this does not bug anyone.

avoidz

Re: MetaPad

#2 Post by avoidz »

I would second this request. If only metapad stored its settings in a simple ini then it would be nicely portable.