Make MS word 2007

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Eagle710

Make MS word 2007

#1 Post by Eagle710 »

ANyone have any guides on how to make MS Word 2007 portable?

garbanzo

#2 Post by garbanzo »

the freeware version is already portable

Eagle710

#3 Post by Eagle710 »

How was it made portable? is my question I wanna learn the backbones.

tokicobrothers

#4 Post by tokicobrothers »

1st This post is not meant to disrespect or hurt anybody, it's just a mix of the truth and my personal opinion.

2nd If you want to make MS Office 2007 portable, don't. That will save you probably hours and hours of work.

3rd Why do you want to make Office 2007 portable, when there's an even better alternative: OpenOffice?

4th There is no such thing as an MS Office 2007 freeware. Neither an open-source Vista or an GPL licensed Internet Explorer, in case you didn't know.

garbanzo

#5 Post by garbanzo »

there's no need to do it yourself. there are excellent portable versions floating around out there. but this isn't the place to ask about them.

Eagle710

#6 Post by Eagle710 »

I like office.... I have Office 2007 so there should be a way to make Word portable am I right?

Ameri-CAIN

#7 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

Eagle710 wrote:I like office.... I have Office 2007 so there should be a way to make Word portable am I right?
The easiest way to make Word 2007 portable is to install it on your laptop computer. You can take the laptop with you anywhere and you will always have Word 2007 available to you. :)

All joking aside, its still the easiest way...

Eagle710

#8 Post by Eagle710 »

Thanks for the high hopes.

What I would like to do is only make Word portable. Hard as it sounds I would really like any assistance with where I should start.

m^(2)

#9 Post by m^(2) »

tokicobrothers wrote:4th There is no such thing as an MS Office 2007 freeware. Neither an open-source Vista or an GPL licensed Internet Explorer, in case you didn't know.
I don't know why do you mention sources here, they have nothing to being freeware.
But yes, up to my knowledge, MS gives only viewer for free.

Vorkbaard

Thinstall

#10 Post by Vorkbaard »

I just read somewhere that you can use VMWare's Thinstall to make any software portable, including Office. What is does basically if I understand correctly is virtualize the registry part the software needs.

This software costs about 6,000 to 9,000 US$. Add Office to that.

I wouldn't know why using your Office license with this wouldn't be legal (ianal). You buy the license, use the software, what's the problem? But it's going to cost you.

You could of course ask someone with a Thinstall licence to fix your licensed Office copy for you.