ArcThemALL!

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
loin2kolpotoru

Re: ArcThemALL!

#211 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

??????? anything new ????????

Lupo73

#212 Post by Lupo73 »

I'm very busy in these weeks, sorry, but I temporarily interrupted all developments.. I'll keep you updated about next release..

loin2kolpotoru

#213 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

??????? anything new ????????

Lupo73

#214 Post by Lupo73 »

I have a lot of work in these weeks and so I temporarily interrupted my hobby projects..

loin2kolpotoru

#215 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

I have found bug in ArcThemALL! v4.7 the about dialog is set always in top automatically which is not necessary & when it checks for update it says ArcThemALL!_v4.6.1 update is available but 4.7 is newer then 4.6.1.

Still no implementation of my suggestions & you have not uploaded the ArcThemALL! v4.7 on sourceforge.net.
Please Fix the bugs, include a option to change the GUI color to the ArcThemALL! classic blue, And include the external compressers link in the readme file and update the UPX and 7zip to latest versions.

guinness

#216 Post by guinness »

loin2kolpotoru wrote:I have found bug in ArcThemALL! v4.7 the about dialog is set always in top automatically which is not necessary & when it checks for update it says ArcThemALL!_v4.6.1 update is available but 4.7 is newer then 4.6.1.
This is down to checking whether the version number is different not greater than. It's by design.

Lupo73

#217 Post by Lupo73 »

I promised it, so I finally updated and fixed it:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/ata/A ... rtable.zip

It is a pre-release, I'll officially release it in few days, but you can test it now..
@loin2kolpotoru: blue color restored :roll:

loin2kolpotoru

#218 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

Thankyou for adding option to change colour & including external compressers link in the readme. :D
The problem with version is fixed but the about dialog is still set "always in top" automatically.

The latest version of 7-Zip is 7-Zip 9.30 alpha which can be found here -
http://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discu ... d/9d1f5836

The latest version of MPRESS v2.19
http://www.matcode.com/mpress.219.zip

After using ArcThemALL! again and again i found two setting should be available just below the "Current mode in use" menu as a new drop down menu so that this settings can be changed on the fly -
1.backup files, 2. Remove source files after process.

Lupo73

#219 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks for your notes.

About 7-Zip I'm waiting the beta version, because the alpha is not stable enough.

MPRESS updated, thanks.

I'll consider the last request too.

loin2kolpotoru

#220 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

I have Drawn a Layout Photo of my new suggestions which will make ArcThemALL much easy to use regularly -

The third drop down menu will change according to the compressor
selected, When Upx/Mew11/Mpress/Upack is selected it will give option
to Create Backup or Don't Create Backup and when zip/7z is selected it will give
option Keep Source after Compressing or Delete Source after Compressing,

The Folder Icon is to Select Custom Output Dir.

The Shutdown Icon will Shutdown Computer After Process is Complete but
just for this time & it will not Save Shutdown Setting.
Attachments
Layout.jpg

Lupo73

#221 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks for these ideas, I'll consider them..

Lupo73

#222 Post by Lupo73 »

I decided to move this last idea in the next release and close development of version 5.0. This is the package that will be published during the next week (to give some days to the translators):
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/ata/A ... rtable.zip

Note: I decided to not use 4.7 as version to avoid confusion, because some websites like Softpedia have a pre-release of version 4.7 available (even if it wasn't a official release).

loin2kolpotoru

#223 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

Does this mean my gui changes idea will be implemented in version 5x ? Even though the about dialog is not "always on top" but the icon in the dialog is still "always on top".

Lupo73

#224 Post by Lupo73 »

I'm still considering the idea, but I'm not sure because the interface is already too rich.

Thanks for the report of the "always on top" issue, the icon is visible only in compiled version and I generally test the uncompiled one. DropIt has the same problem, I'll fix it soon.

loin2kolpotoru

#225 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

If u think the interface will become too heavy then u can make these new setting optional so that a frequent user like me can display and use the option in the main gui and any one else who wants to see clean interface he can hide these options.

I think usability is more important then having a clean gui just like the firefox 3 series which i use was much rich gui which was very useful rather the new gui in firefox 4 which is clean but dose not have many necessary options.