Fix and improve a set of PS1 and PS2 emulators

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Zero3K

Fix and improve a set of PS1 and PS2 emulators

#1 Post by Zero3K »

It would be nice if someone could fix and improve a set of PS1 and PS2 emulators. Their source code is available at https://github.com/Zero3K/hpsx64.
Last edited by Zero3K on Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

Re: Fix and improve a set of PS1 and PS2 emulators

#2 Post by webfork »

Zero3K wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:14 pm It would be nice if someone could fix and improve a set of PS1 and PS2 emulators. Their source code is available at https://github.com/Zero3K/hpsx64.
We don't have (or I'm not aware of any) active developers looking for projects, so it's unlikely you'll find takers for some of the projects you've mentioned. You might reach out to donationcoder.com on those.

Zero3K

#3 Post by Zero3K »

The things to fix and improve are to fix a crash that happens when running a BIOS when it is built with the latest GCC, add the ability to save the BiosPath to its .hcfg and have it use it if it exists instead of prompting for it but prompt for it if the value isn't in the .hcfg, fix the gap in audio when emulating a PS2 game and add CHD support.

freakazoid

#4 Post by freakazoid »

Why don't you just use Duckstation for PS1 and PSCX2 for PS2?
is it stealth? ;)

Zero3K

#5 Post by Zero3K »

Because it works well enough for me if I compile it using GCC 7.5.0.