OooPlayer - Development and Beta versions

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
ozok

OooPlayer - Development and Beta versions

#1 Post by ozok »

[Moderator note: A separate thread is available for the official release.]

---

I decided to create a topic where I can post about the development of OooPlayer. They will be mostly about beta versions of the software. Beta versions will be most likely be 64bit only. Suggestions, bug reports etc are, as always, welcomed.

Please visit https://github.com/ozok/OooPlayer/releases for beta versions.
Last edited by ozok on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ozok

Re: OooPlayer

#2 Post by ozok »

I have released 3 beta versions since the last stable version (2.1). A long list of changes for these betas:

Beta3

Code: Select all

Fixed: Could not download lyrics from metrolyrics
Added: Increased EQ presets' precision
Updated: bass headers
Removed: Pipes used to control other processes
Removed: TAK support
Beta1 and Beta2

Code: Select all

Added: New UI
Added: Bitrate, channel, codec and samplerate columns to playlist
Added: Equalizer
Added: Last.fm scrobbling support
Added: Queue has priorty over all methods
Added: position text is now in a box (less flicking)
Added: New icons
Added: Max volume level is now 200%
Added: Clicking prev button will play previous shuffle item in shuffle mode
Added: TFileInfo to show file info through right click menu (TFileInfo is a separate tool)
Added: Button to reload song title and artist to lyric search boxes
Added: Moved all cover art code to a separate thread
Added: Buttons to move between external cover art files
Added: Error msgs in case program is unable to load external dlls
Added: Radio list columns will resize according to form resize
Added: Radio list virtual mode
Added: Func to remove files that no longer exist from playlists
Added: Actively played file in the playlist will have bold font
Added: Each playlist now has its own file index
Added: Tag editor (not finished yet)
Improved: search could not find some results if text contained non-ansi chars
Improved: tfileinfo will try to change skin before loading file
Fixed: Couldn't load m4a files using drag and drop
Fixed: Couldn't copy radio stations to appdata folder
Fixed: lyrics downloaded from azlyrics contained extra data
Fixed: Taskbar buttons sometimes failed to load
Fixed: Making left panel visible didn't restore splitters position
Fixed: Some radio stations could not be shown because their names contained some special chars used by OooPlayer
Fixed: Queue list menu wasnt working
Fixed: Some problems that occured if no playlists were available
Fixed: Lyric list scrollbars weren't placed properly so some text was always missing
Fixed: Program going on an infinite-loop when a playlist was removed
Fixed: Clicking on a taskbar button would make other buttons to disappear
Fixed: Category pages was not changed according to selected play mode
Fixed: Double quote was not escaped in lyric texts
Fixed: AV while reading bmp artwork
Fixed: Couldnt download from azlyrics
Updated: User agent in lyric downloader
Removed: Skins

Midas

Re: OooPlayer - Development and Beta versions

#3 Post by Midas »

:arrow: Linking to previous Oooplayer discussion at TPFC forums for broader overview: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... hp?t=21633 ...

smaragdus

#4 Post by smaragdus »

@ozok
I tested briefly OooPlayer version 2.2.0.3382.
Although not mentioned in the change log I found out that now OooPlayer could render Cue sheets- a nice surprise. But a minor problem- when I select a Cue file and the player loads the tracks- when I select all the tracks via "CTRL+A" and click "Delete" not all the tracks are removed- I have to click "Delete" several (usually 4) times.
But:
Removed: TAK support
Removed: Skins
Why no more TAK support? Why the skins were removed? Please bring back the skins, because:
Added: New icons
the new icons are very ugly. What was wrong with the skins? Some of them were really nice and I believe that the user should not be frustrated by player's ugly interface while succumbing to the pleasures of music, especially when the same player looked cute before.
One more thing- please consider "minimize to tray" feature plus "tray control"- "Play", "Pause", "Stop", etc commands executed from player's tray icon- for me this is essential.
I hope you have not dumped x32 version of OooPlayer.

ozok

#5 Post by ozok »

@smaragdus
I removed tak support because I couldn't find 64bit version of the tak library. I don't know if it exists now. The reason I removed skins is because it's are more trouble than it's worth. I have not tested the skin library lately (I'm sure it has been update in the meantime) but while I was using it, most of the bug reports I recieved were caused by it. They look cool, I admit, but I don't plan to re-implement them.

Cue support is not there yet as you noticed. Tray icon has been available for a while now. 32bit version is still there, I just use 64bit for testing.

smaragdus

Re: OooPlayer 2.2.0.3382

#6 Post by smaragdus »

@ozok
OooPlayer version 2.2.0.3382 crashes severely on my system when I drag and drop a Monkey's Audio file into the player- I have to terminate the player via a task manager and delete "playlist.dat" and "playlists.dat" files to start the player normally.
I removed tak support because I couldn't find 64bit version of the tak library. I don't know if it exists now.
For me a x64 audio player is an extravagance. I prefer a x32 player that can play as many formats as possible than a x64 audio player which has a limited format support.
The reason I removed skins is because it's are more trouble than it's worth. I have not tested the skin library lately (I'm sure it has been update in the meantime) but while I was using it, most of the bug reports I recieved were caused by it. They look cool, I admit, but I don't plan to re-implement them.
You should know better than me, but personally I have never had problems with older (x32) versions of OooPlayer. If you have time please re-test the skins- you might at least provide them as an additional download and the users might choose to use skins at their own risk. For me it is hard to imagine that this skin pack can be so buggy and faulty.
Cue support is not there yet as you noticed.
In fact OooPlayer manages to load Cue sheets via drag and drop but they are not played right- if I try to play a certain track OooPlayer always starts the first one. But if I add an APE (Monkey's Audio) file- for example- CDImage.ape, from a directory which also contains a CUE file, for example- CDImage.cue, OooPlayer hangs and the process needs to be killed.
32bit version is still there, I just use 64bit for testing.
I suppose you might reconsider the usefulness of releasing a x64 version of OooPlayer.

When there is a new Beta of OooPlayer please announce it here at the forum.

hamasaki

#7 Post by hamasaki »

Firstly, very nice player, thank you. :)

A couple of issues for me:

1. There is no sound at all. No problems with all other players on my comp, but this one no sound at all and I`m not sure why?

2. If I add a folder of MP3 files it adds the files ok, but if I use the option to add a file, the interface flickers and does nothing. I try again, flickers, then after a few seconds crashes. I did see a crash dialog popup, so maybe I can send a crash report?

I`m on Win 10 64Bit.

ozok

#8 Post by ozok »

@hamasaki @Midas
-Added a progress window for file adding
-Added audio device selection opion under settings>playback
-(most likely) Fixed the problem @Midas have been experiencing

64bit exe only (backup 2.2 first): https://www.adrive.com/public/g3GTdS/Oo ... 3446_64.7z

Midas

#9 Post by Midas »

Tested. Crash on recording online stream is apparently gone. Nice work. Thanks. 8)

ozok

#10 Post by ozok »

Midas wrote:Tested. Crash on recording online stream is apparently gone. Nice work. Thanks. 8)
Thanks. I'll release a new version including these changes.