Keyndicate

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Keyndicate

#1 Post by guinness »

TPFC Entry: http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=2222

The previous thread was located here and since Keyndicate was created based on the initial idea/post by dmg I decided to post updates there, now I'll post here.

The latest version (V1.3.4.5) has no language changes.

guinness

Re: Keyndicate

#2 Post by guinness »

I've been sent a couple of requests for new additions already, so without wanting to release a product with either a limited changelog or limited features* then now is the time to request additions or problems, though within reason of course.

*The overall changelog was small compared to what I've produced for the likes of ProEject or SciTE Jump, but in terms of how long it took me to create the Installer, Help file as well as back end support (I can now compile an entire application Help file and all in a single click,) was about 6 weeks of tinkering with AutoIt, NSIS and chm toc files. :mrgreen:

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

The installer requires admin rights. The db entry does not reflect that. How about an installer that does not require admin privileges for the extraction/portable mode?

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

I am Baas wrote:The installer requires admin rights. The db entry does not reflect that. How about an installer that does not require admin privileges for the extraction/portable mode?
I didn't test on a system without Admin rights. I'll look into it. For now UniExtract can be used for those with Admin privileges. Thanks.

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

Extraction worked on XP SP3 with limited rights but not installation of course. I'll send you a PM to take it offline.

guinness

#6 Post by guinness »

The problem has now been fixed for limited users and using the installer. Thanks for the bug report.

Last edited by guinness on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guinness

#7 Post by guinness »

The new version has no language changes from the previous version. Apologies to those who think the changelog is a little tiny compared to usual, but I did give it two weeks and I had no ideas on additions. As you know I'm not one to stray away from the initial objective. :mrgreen:

guinness

#8 Post by guinness »

dmg

#9 Post by dmg »

Very nice! But umm... Does she miss pronounce the name? :shock:

I am Baas

#10 Post by I am Baas »

She's cute... have her face popup from the system tray when the app is run, saying something like "Keyndicate is monitoring". Could be the next big thing in splash screen technology, lol.

Congrats, guinness.

guinness

#11 Post by guinness »

dmg wrote:Very nice! But umm... Does she miss pronounce the name? :shock:
It was alright the pronunciation.

guinness

#12 Post by guinness »

In the next couple of days I will be unveiling a new version of Keyndicate which has been totally re-written under the hood for improved performance.

guinness

#13 Post by guinness »

MiDoJo

#14 Post by MiDoJo »

I'm not able to Download it. I'm getting an file called Keyndicate_v1.90[1] with no ext
also false positive from my Symantec Professional
Works after rename it to Keyndicate_v1.exe
Virus Totaled
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c746 ... 361838660/
looks like the FP was due to the fact that it's an unpacker installer disguised as a ".90[1]" file type ;)

guinness

#15 Post by guinness »

I don't have Symantec installed. But I just downloaded using Opera v12.14 and it worked, so it could be Symantec being cautious.

Thanks for checking with VirusTotal, you could have also checked the source code to see nothing is harmful with the application. :mrgreen: