Mousinity

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Mousinity

#1 Post by guinness »

I was browsing Ghacks and came across this application, it essentially moves your mouse to the opposite side of the screen to create an infinite effect. Now I haven't even tried this program, I just watched the video on Ghacks and read the blurb about the application, from what I can tell the functionality that is missing is the following...
1. Multiple monitor support.
2. Windows 7 features such as snapping applications is lost.
3. Uses a tray icon to exit the application.
Therefore if anyone has any other requirements then please let me know before I release the stable version.

I am Baas

Re: Mousinity

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Oh, that would be awesome, guinness. What I would really like to have though is for the mouse cursor to move along with the window when using the (shift) win key + arrow on win 7.

TIA.

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

OK, so just to check that I'm following what you mean ... in Windows 7 you can dock the window Left, Right & Maximised using Win+Arrow key (Left, Right & Up) so you want it that when you dock left the cursor will move to the centre of the active window?

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

Mousinity V1.0.0.0

Any feedback is very much welcome.

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

guinness wrote:Mousinity V1.0.0.0

Any feedback is very much welcome.
WoW, that was quick. Works as advertised on Win 7 64-bit with dual monitor. Nifty. :D

I am Baas

#6 Post by I am Baas »

guinness wrote:OK, so just to check that I'm following what you mean ... in Windows 7 you can dock the window Left, Right & Maximised using Win+Arrow key (Left, Right & Up) so you want it that when you dock left the cursor will move to the centre of the active window?
Exactly. But also when I move a window to the next monitor.

guinness

#7 Post by guinness »

WoW, that was quick. Works as advertised on Win 7 64-bit with dual monitor. Nifty.
Thanks, the base code took me all of 5 minutes to write the rest was just optimising it and adding a pretty GUI etc...
Exactly. But also when I move a window to the next monitor.
OK, I will look more into this because I've never used Win+Arrow key on a dual monitor setup, but it should be pretty easy to monitor the active window and move the mouse accordingly.

Added To TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2201
Vote Now!

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

Voted!
And my tiny translation is done: :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?arbulvyyqruxlk9

guinness

#9 Post by guinness »

Thanks joby_toss. :)

I am Baas

#10 Post by I am Baas »

Oh, guinness, would it be too much of a hassle for you to add DialogMove-like functionality into Mousinity?

guinness

#11 Post by guinness »

I don't think it's logically feasible, unless I misunderstood what that application does.

guinness

#12 Post by guinness »

OK, I was thinking perhaps it is possible but my concern is it might be sloppy. I will give it a try and post a test script later on.

webfork

#13 Post by webfork »

I updated the description a little bit but I'm aware it might not represent the actual program, so feel free to switch it back.

guinness

#14 Post by guinness »

I just tried DialogMove & how they've done it is very simple, I thought they were moving the mouse to every new window that popped up.

As I've said I will have to do some more testing as I personally don't want to bloat Mousinity if I have to. Thought I am Baas, what is wrong with the current DialogMove?

guinness

#15 Post by guinness »

OK, thanks webfork I think that clears up any confusion with the product. Just out of respect I would like to thank dmg who kindly offered the previous update to the description, I forgot to mention it before.