SciTE Jump

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: SciTE Jump

#76 Post by guinness »

If you use SciTE Jump to code with AutoIt in SciTE, then you will be pleased with the next version and the enhancements I have made >> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic ... try1061917

guinness

#77 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V2.0.92.169
Finally, I've updated SciTE Jump to v2.00. This release is a huge step forward with many new additions and improvements made to stability and any possible additions I may make to SciTE Jump in the future.

A big thanks to those of you who helped during the beta testing phase.

I've also included a ZIP file on the download page for those who are a little reluctant to use the Portable installer.

It should be noted that I have updated the language strings from the previous version, so if you didn't provide a translation during the beta testing phase, then by all means update the translation and send to me. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
# CHANGES IN LANGUAGE FILE FROM V1.34.87.158 TO V2.0.92.169 #

Added:
TIP_DOCKSTATE_1=Automatic docking
TIP_DOCKSTATE_2=Left docking
TIP_DOCKSTATE_3=Right docking
TIP_SETTINGS_1=Settings
TIP_SETTINGS_10=Language
TIP_SETTINGS_11=Reset %PROGRAMNAME%
TIP_SETTINGS_12=Restart
TIP_SETTINGS_13=Add to SciTE
TIP_SETTINGS_14=Dock State
TIP_SETTINGS_15=Upgrade %PROGRAMNAME%
TIP_SETTINGS_2=Search within custom UDFs
TIP_SETTINGS_3=Sort the functions listed
TIP_SETTINGS_4=Scroll to the highlighted function
TIP_SETTINGS_5=Focus the search input upon refresh
TIP_SETTINGS_6=Search for comments
TIP_SETTINGS_7=Search for functions
TIP_SETTINGS_8=Search for regions
TIP_SETTINGS_9=Offset from the top of SciTE (px)

Deleted:
MENU_ADD=Add to SciTE
MENU_LANGUAGE=Language
MENU_MONITORLINE=Scroll within function list
MENU_RESET=Reset %PROGRAMNAME%
MENU_RESTART=Restart
MENU_SORT=Sort functions
MENU_UDFS=Search in UDFs
TIP_MSG_1=Refresh %PROGRAMNAME%
TIP_MSG_10=Add the current AutoIt script to the includes folder.
TIP_MSG_11=Remove the current AutoIt script from the includes folder.
TIP_MSG_12=Select to overwrite the current AutoIt script in the includes folder if present.
TIP_MSG_13=Open the Obfuscator folder.
TIP_MSG_14=Use a regular expression search string.
TIP_MSG_2=Lists directories to search within.
TIP_MSG_3=Clear the list of directories.
TIP_MSG_4=Dock %PROGRAMNAME% to SciTE.
TIP_MSG_5=Select a directory to add to the current list.
TIP_MSG_6=Export to various formats or details about the AutoIt script.
TIP_MSG_7=Select to display the list of files that will be replaced.
TIP_MSG_8=Select to use case sensitive searching.
TIP_MSG_9=Replace a certain word or certain string within a list of files.
Changelog:
- ADDED: Additional settings for searching in comments and regions. [Optional] (Thanks mlipok)
- ADDED: Exporting details has now been improved by removing Global variables in the script file and includes.
- ADDED: Option to either dock to the left or right of SciTE as well as automatic docking depending on the location of SciTE Jump relative to SciTE. [Optional] (Thanks Noddle)
- ADDED: Resetting previous search results when selecting the refresh button. I removed this feature a couple of versions ago but was asked to re-instate. (Thanks mlipok)
- ADDED: Searching within files using an empty string, will display all the AutoIt scripts in the selected folder. A sort of simple 'Snippet Holder'.
- ADDED: Selecting Ctrl+Alt+J when SciTE Jump has focus, will put the focus back to SciTE. (Thanks mlipok)
- ADDED: Settings UI for easily changing settings for SciTE Jump.
- ADDED: Starting another instance of SciTE Jump will automatically focus the search input. [Optional] (Thanks mlipok)
- FIXED: Default size of SciTE Jump.
- FIXED: Highlighting the last used function.
- FIXED: Including the main script file would display duplicate functions. Though it's not recommended to include the same file, this still shouldn't have happened. (Thanks mlipok)
- FIXED: Opening a custom UDF function.
- FIXED: SciTE Jump incorrectly docking when the taskbar was left of the monitor. (Thanks mlipok)
- IMPROVED: Detection of Global/Local variables when exporting function data.
- IMPROVED: French language. (Thanks ricky03)
- IMPROVED: Monitor.a3x to version 12. This will automatically update if you have an older version.
- IMPROVED: Monitoring of function to line by moving to Monitor.a3x.
- IMPROVED: Moved retrieving additional info about a script file to Monitor.a3x.
- IMPROVED: Removed unused Global variables and unnecessary functions.
- IMPROVED: Re-wrote the code for adding SciTE Jump to SciTE.
- IMPROVED: Re-wrote upgrading of SciTE Jump if it already exists in the SciTE folder.

joby_toss

#78 Post by joby_toss »

Romanian wrote: # CHANGES IN LANGUAGE FILE FROM V1.34.87.158 TO V2.0.92.169 #

Added:
TIP_DOCKSTATE_1=Andocare automată
TIP_DOCKSTATE_2=Andocare la Stânga
TIP_DOCKSTATE_3=Andocare la Dreapta
TIP_SETTINGS_1=Setări
TIP_SETTINGS_10=Limba
TIP_SETTINGS_11=Resetare %PROGRAMNAME%
TIP_SETTINGS_12=Restart
TIP_SETTINGS_13=Adaugă la SciTE
TIP_SETTINGS_14=Stare Andocare
TIP_SETTINGS_15=Actualizează %PROGRAMNAME%
TIP_SETTINGS_2=Caută în anumite UDF-uri
TIP_SETTINGS_3=Sortează funcțiile enumerate
TIP_SETTINGS_4=Derulează la funcția marcată
TIP_SETTINGS_5=Centrează câmpul de căutare după reîmprospătare
TIP_SETTINGS_6=Caută comentarii
TIP_SETTINGS_7=Caută funcții
TIP_SETTINGS_8=Caută regiuni
TIP_SETTINGS_9=Diferența din partea de sus a lui SciTE (px)

guinness

#79 Post by guinness »

Thanks joby_toss.

tproli

#80 Post by tproli »

Thanks for the update.

Here is the Hungarian translation:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17407690/SciteJ ... garian.lng

Btw, "Your Name" is not in the translation strings (under UDF header name).

I think "regular" menu-like buttons would be better instead of the top left "<" and ">" arrows.

And I may found a bug, see
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17407690/SciteJ ... perror.gif

As you can see, the function list in SciteJump sometimes scrolls when I click around in the Regions list.

guinness

#81 Post by guinness »

tproli wrote:Thanks for the update.
Here is the Hungarian translation:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17407690/SciteJ ... garian.lng
Thanks
tproli wrote:Btw, "Your Name" is not in the translation strings (under UDF header name).
This is because it's taken directly from SciTE4AutoIt where Jos used "Your Name" for users to know where to add their name. I could add a translation though. Thanks.

Edit: Added to the next release.
tproli wrote:I think "regular" menu-like buttons would be better instead of the top left "<" and ">" arrows.
I might add an option to toggle this. Thanks.
tproli wrote:And I may found a bug, see

As you can see, the function list in SciteJump sometimes scrolls when I click around in the Regions list.
Could you PM with your code because I haven't experienced that. Thanks.

Do you also have "Scroll to line function" enabled?

guinness

#82 Post by guinness »

Also to get to the settings quickly, right-click on any part of the grey area.

guinness

#83 Post by guinness »

tproli wrote:And I may found a bug, see

For those wondering, function to line was enabled. I've now fixed this in the next version. Thanks tproli for reporting.

guinness

#84 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V2.1.95.178
After I released v2.0 I decided to re-work the major addition I made towards the end of v2.0, with correctly reporting Global and Local variables in a scropt. It should be 99.99% correct, though if you find an issue with exporting then provide a small reproducer and I will see what is happening.

A big thanks to those who reported issues with v2.0.

I've also included a ZIP file on the download page for those who are a little reluctant to use the Portable installer.

It should be noted that I have updated the language strings from the previous version, so if you provided a translation for the last version then by all means update the translation and send to me. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
# CHANGES IN LANGUAGE FILE FROM V2.0.92.169 TO V2.1.95.178 #

Added:
TIP_UDFNAME_2=Your Name
Changelog:
- ADDED: Export to XML option.
- ADDED: Hungarian translation. (Thanks tproli)
- ADDED: Translation string for "Your Name", which is hard-coded in SciTE4AutoIt3. (Thanks tproli)
- FIXED: Exporting functions without any variables would cause SciTE Jump to report 1 variable was present.
- FIXED: Forward button flickering when replacing within files.
- FIXED: If SciTE Jump had focus and scrolling to function line was enabled, it would cause the treeview to unexpectedly jump if the caret wasn't inside the previously selected function. (Thanks tproli)
- FIXED: If there were only functions in the script and no comments had been previously discovered, then the right-click context menu would fail to show the 'Function Snippet' item.
- FIXED: Opening an exported file in explorer.
- FIXED: Setting the 'pixel to line' would always default to 1 on restart. (Thanks Chimaera)
- FIXED: Variables used within an array declaration would display in the export list.
- IMPROVED: Monitor.a3x to version 13. This will automatically update if you have an older version.
- IMPROVED: Monitoring when a SciTE tab changes.

guinness

#85 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V2.2.96.185
This will be the last release for a while as most issues have been fixed and additions implemented. I didn't add Exit's update suggestion as I can't see a real need for now.

It should be noted that I haven't updated the language strings from the previous version. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
None
Changelog:
- ADDED: Ability to move SciTE Jump by dragging the client area (grey area) when SciTE Jump is docked.
- FIXED: Docking SciTE Jump whilst SciTE was minimised would cause unexpected results.
- FIXED: Incorrectly reporting unused functions.
- FIXED: SciTE Jump stealing focus when running a project from SciTE. (Thanks Chimaera)
- IMPROVED: Monitor.a3x to version 14. This will automatically update if you have an older version.
- IMPROVED: Speed of discovering exclusively declared variables. (Thanks AZJIO)
- IMPROVED: Stability of monitoring SciTE.
- IMPROVED: UI of SciTE Jump. (Thanks mlipok)

guinness

#86 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V2.3.97.186
I've updated SciTE Jump with the addition mentioned by Chimaera due to the fact I will be taking a break from SciTE Jump development for about a month (if I can.)

It should be noted that I have updated the language strings from the previous version, so if you provided a translation for the last version then by all means update the translation and send to me. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
TIP_SETTINGS_16=Highlight
Changelog:
- ADDED: Option to choose which item(s) to highlight first e.g. Comments, Functions or Regions. (Thanks Chimaera)
- FIXED: SciTE Jump stealing focus when running a project from SciTE. (Thanks Chimaera)

guinness

#87 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V2.4.97.189
I've updated SciTE Jump with the issues reported by Jos and FireFox.

Language Changes:
TIP_SETTINGS_16=Highlight
Changelog:
- FIXED: Hard crash when restarting SciTE Jump. (Thanks FireFox)
- FIXED: Nested regions not being taken into consideration. (Thanks Jos)
- IMPROVED: Option to change the highlighted item.

guinness

#88 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V2.5.97.194
This update introduces changes made in the last SciTE4AutoIt3. Sorry for the long delay.

It should be noted that I haven't updated the language strings from the previous version, but please check your language of choice and feel free to send an updated version if not done so already. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
None
Changelog:
- FIXED: Changed shortcut key from Ctrl+Alt+J to Alt+Q. To reflect the changes made in the latest SciTE4AutoIt3.
- FIXED: Re-sizing SciTE when in docking mode, wouldn't register until SciTE was moved.
- FIXED: Restarting or closing SciTE Jump when in docked mode with another tab other than the initial startup view, would cause SciTE Jump not to re-dock on startup.
- IMPROVED: Detection of functions passed as strings in functions such as Call or AdlibRegister.
- IMPROVED: Monitor.a3x to version 15. This will automatically update if you have an older version.

guinness

#89 Post by guinness »

Downloads are back up and working. Sorry about that.

guinness

#90 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V2.6.98.196
This update is a small bug fix release. As I see it for now SciTE Jump is feature complete, so don't expect an update too soon.

It should be noted that I haven't updated the language strings from the previous version, but please check your language of choice and feel free to send an updated version if not done so already. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
None
Changelog:
- ADDED: Refreshing SciTE Jump when the system comes out of standby.
- FIXED: When SciTE Jump was minimised and the SciTE, if SciTE was restored and not SciTE Jump, it would cause SciTE Jump to inactive. This bug has been annoying me for quite sometime.
- IMPROVED: Monitor.a3x to version 16. This will automatically update if you have an older version.