SciTE Jump

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: SciTE Jump

#61 Post by guinness »

Cheers joby_toss, updated language file.

guinness

#62 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.30.70.114
I've updated SciTE Jump with the improvment to detecting when a SciTE tab changes.

I've also included a ZIP file on the download page for those who are a little reluctant to use the Portable installer.

It should be noted that I haven't updated any language strings from the previous version, so if you provided a translation for the last version then there is no need to provide an update this time. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
None
Changelog:
- IMPROVED: Resetting of SciTE Jump as well monitoring when a SciTE tab changes. This is now achieved by running Monitor.a3x as the start of SciTE Jump.
- IMPROVED: Monitor.a3x to version 8. This will automatically update if you have an older version.

guinness

#63 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.31.72.125
I've updated SciTE Jump with emphasis on stability. As you can see from the changelog many bugs have been fixed as well as the source code structure being improved. I'm excited about this release as it improves working with large files, most notably WinAPIEx. Enjoy.

I've also included a ZIP file on the download page for those who are a little reluctant to use the Portable installer.

It should be noted that I haven't updated any language strings from the previous version, so if you provided a translation for the last version then there is no need to provide an update this time. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
None
Changelog:
- ADDED: Open file location to the right click context menu.
- ADDED: Replacing in files to Monitor.a3x to stop SciTE Jump from hanging. This has increased the speed of renaming.
- FIXED: Closing of redundant Monitor.a3x processes.
- FIXED: Dimming the GUI of SciTE Jump has been improved.
- FIXED: Functions displaying in the list if commented out in the script.
- FIXED: Selecting cancel when replacing in files would cause the process to start again.
- IMPROVED: German translation. (Thanks burnell)
- IMPROVED: Monitor.a3x to version 9. This will automatically update if you have an older version.
- IMPROVED: Searching through the list of functions by adding a 750ms timer before displaying the results.
- IMPROVED: Source code by replacing variables that are constants with the Const keyword.
- IMPROVED: Speed of selecting a treeview item and navigating to the particular item in SciTE.
- IMPROVED: Various undocumented bug fixes.
- REMOVED: Unused functions in the source code.

tproli

#64 Post by tproli »

For me it seems that after applying "Sort functions" clicking on function names does not jump to the corresponding functions. After Restart works fine.

Edit:
also happens when trying to dock the window (with the button left to "Search functions" input field)

guinness

#65 Post by guinness »

Yeh, it's a stupid bug that I've fixed. I'm just adding the finishing touches to the next version which should come tomorrow. Thanks.

The changelog is currently this:
- ADDED: Listing functions in custom user include files. This is an optional setting via the titlebar context menu. (Thanks Sunaj and mlipok)
- ADDED: Load a SciTE.session file by dragging it to the SciTE Jump treeview. (Thanks Sunaj)
- FIXED: Error if Monitor.a3x didn't exist.
- FIXED: Export list returning incorrect number of unused functions. This was a regression from V1.31.72.125.
- FIXED: Includes regular expression.
- FIXED: Remembering the last function selected in the treeview.
- FIXED: Rename in files text was offset incorrectly when docking SciTE Jump to SciTE.
- FIXED: Searching within the function list and swapping between SciTE tabs, would cause the treeview to be unresponsive.
- FIXED: Starting SciTE if it was not running already.
- FIXED: Temporary dat file not being erased on reading/writing error.
- FIXED: The Func keyword displaying in the search results.
- FIXED: Using the refresh button would cause the treeview to be unresponsive until changing the SciTE tab or file.
- IMPROVED: Now uses Monitor.a3x to find in files, resulting in a speed increase.
- IMPROVED: Functions regular expression.
- IMPROVED: Speed of "function to line" parsing.
I will be testing over the weekend to see if anything else comes up and then I will upload.

Edit: This changelog is subject to change.

tproli

#66 Post by tproli »

Is there any setting to set the top offset to jump? E.g. 300 -> leave 300 pixels from top when jumping to a function. Now I always need to scroll to center a given function vertically.

guinness

#67 Post by guinness »

tproli wrote:Is there any setting to set the top offset to jump? E.g. 300 -> leave 300 pixels from top when jumping to a function. Now I always need to scroll to center a given function vertically.
Would you like this setting to be added? This is a unique feature of SciTE Jump and I found it better than having the function in the middle of the screen, but you would like this?

tproli

#68 Post by tproli »

Yes, if it is possible. For me it would be OK to have this as a hidden feature, e.g. TopOffset = 180 in the ini file.
(exact centering would push the function too much down and users have different screen resolutions)

guinness

#69 Post by guinness »

Well that was easy to add. :mrgreen:

I will send you a PM (tomorrow) with a link to the download and instructions on how to add it. Later on I will make it a setting.

guinness

#70 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.32.75.145
I've updated SciTE Jump with the largest changelog I have every created during my time developing SciTE Jump. This release comes with many bug fixes as well as nice additions, one of which is manually (for now) adding LineToPixel to the INI file and specifying whether the function should appear at the top or a certain number of pixels e.g. 180px. Any problems please post below and thanks for trying SciTE Jump.

It should be noted that I have updated the language strings from the previous version, so if you provided a translation for the last version then by all means update the translation and send to me. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
MENU_UDFS=Search in UDFs
UDFS=User Defined
Changelog:
- ADDED: Listing functions in custom user include files. This is an optional setting via the titlebar context menu. (Thanks Sunaj and mlipok)
- ADDED: Load a SciTE.session file by dragging it to the SciTE Jump treeview. (Thanks Sunaj)
- ADDED: Manually add LineToPixel to the general section of the INI file to specify whether or not a function should appear at the top or a specified number of pixels e.g. 180
So for example if you would like the function to appear 190px from the top of ScITE, add LineToPixel=190 to the INI file. Default is 0. Note: There will be a setting in later versions of SciTE Jump. (Thanks tproli)
- FIXED: Error if Monitor.a3x didn't exist.
- FIXED: Export list returning incorrect number of unused functions. This was a regression from V1.31.72.125.
- FIXED: Export list returning incorrect number of variables inside a function.
- FIXED: Includes regular expression.
- FIXED: Remembering the last function selected in the treeview.
- FIXED: Rename in files text was offset incorrectly when docking SciTE Jump to SciTE.
- FIXED: Searching within the function list and swapping between SciTE tabs, would cause the treeview to be unresponsive.
- FIXED: Starting SciTE if it was not running already.
- FIXED: Temporary dat file not being erased on reading/writing error.
- FIXED: The Func keyword displaying in the search results.
- FIXED: Using the refresh button would cause the treeview to be unresponsive until changing the SciTE tab or file.
- IMPROVED: Functions regular expression.
- IMPROVED: Monitor.a3x to version 10. This will automatically update if you have an older version.
- IMPROVED: Now uses Monitor.a3x to find in files, resulting in a speed increase.
- IMPROVED: Parsing of comments and regions.
- IMPROVED: Replacing in files.
- IMPROVED: Speed of "function to line" parsing.
- IMPROVED: Speed of creating a unique array. (Thanks Yashied)
- IMPROVED: Speed of exporting the script details.
- IMPROVED: Overall memory consumption and CPU usage.
Thanks tproli for testing the beta I sent them.
Last edited by guinness on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

joby_toss

#71 Post by joby_toss »

RO wrote: Language Changes:
MENU_UDFS=Caută în UDF-uri
UDFS=Definite de Utilizator

guinness

#72 Post by guinness »

Thanks joby_toss.

guinness

#73 Post by guinness »

So I've thought long and hard about the next release for SciTE Jump, whether or not to jump (pardon the pun) to V2.0.0.0 or release a couple more bug fix releases, improving performance etc.

My goal is ...1 or 2 (depending) bug fix releases and then V2.0.0.0 with new features. I will give a clue, code management.

guinness

#74 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.33.84.157
I've updated SciTE Jump with the second largest changelog I have every created during my time developing SciTE Jump. This release comes with many bug fixes as well as nice additions, just see the changelog to what I added.

A big thanks to mlipok and tproli for their suggestions.

It should be noted that I haven't updated the language strings from the previous version, so if you did provide a translation for the last version then by all means update the translation and send to me. Download is available in the original post.

Language Changes:
None
Changelog:
- ADDED: Activate the search input on startup. (Thanks mlipok)
- ADDED: If changing SciTE Tabs and a search string is present, then search the new file. (Thanks mlipok)
- ADDED: If SciTE Jump is minimised it will be restored if a new instance of SciTE Jump is started.
- ADDED: Italian language. (Thanks Nessie)
- ADDED: Remember the last used filetypes to search for when replacing within files.
- ADDED: Remove user custom comments when parsing a script file.
- ADDED: Retain the docking state of SciTE Jump when closed or SciTE is closed. (Thanks tproli)
- ADDED: Select the export file when opening the directory location. (Thanks mlipok)
- ADDED: Stripped EndFunc comments for appearing in the comment section of the treeview.
- FIXED: Changing tabs with data in the search field, would cause the last function to be jumped to.
- FIXED: Comment blocks not displaying in the comment list.
- FIXED: Function snippet EndFunc comment incorrectly positioned to how Tidy positions it.
- FIXED: LineToPixel incorrectly jumping to the line.
- FIXED: Right click context menu not displaying when selecting custom UDFs.
- FIXED: SciTE Jump incorrectly jumping to a function with a similar name. (Thanks tproli)
- FIXED: Variables that were not initialised wouldn't be exported.
- FIXED: When function to line was enabled selecting the first line of the function wouldn't register a jump in the list.
- IMPROVED: CPU usage of searching or replacing within files.
- IMPROVED: Listing functions in custom user include files. Now it uses the same principle as AutoIt does and as outlined in the help file. (Thanks mlipok and wraithdu)
- IMPROVED: Speed of function to line, by stripping lines that don't start with Func or EndFunc.
- UPDATED: Polish translation. (Thanks mlipok)

guinness

#75 Post by guinness »

As this is beta, I will just post a direct link >> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic ... try1059933