SciTE Jump

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

SciTE Jump

#1 Post by guinness »

After using SciTE Hopper by Ashalshaikh (with the 2nd version by wakillon) & Melba23 posting his version, I felt it would be a great learning curve to develop a similar application.

The code was re-written with emphasis entirely on speed. I didn't want to make the GUI flashy as personally I prefer performance with addons, plus I developed this for my own use, so I wanted something that would aid the help of creating code, instead of hindering it.

I would like to extend a big thank you to Ashalshaikh, wakillon & Melba23, especially Melba23 because his ideas and input really helped me to learn a great deal about interacting with SciTE & AutoIt. :D

The code is released under GPLv3 and supports multiple languages.

Download: http://softwarespot.wordpress.com/code/scite-jump/
Last edited by guinness on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Firewrath

Re: SciTE Hopper

#2 Post by Firewrath »

Well since im done screwing up the Portable AutoIt thread, i figure id move over here, ;)

ok, First, theres like No instructions how to install this thing, :P
so i figure you put the 'SciTE Hopper.exe' in the SciTE folder, like next to the 'SciTE.exe', so thats what i did,

Also, when do this:
To integrate into SciTE4AutoIt3 select the titlebar icon and choose “Add to SciTE,” this will then allow you to use the hotkey combination Alt + H in SciTE to display SciTE Hopper or via the “Tools” menu.
i dont see the 'Add to SciTE' option,
if i click or right-click the little SciTE icon in the corner (or click/right-click on the title bar) after running AutoIt Portable, all i get is the move/resize/etc options,
and it seems i already have the option to export to html/rtf/pdf without the hopper installed, even if i delete the .exe from the SciTE folder,
so maybe SciTE4AutoIt3 was updated and this no longer works or something?
idk,

but i cant find the 'Add to SciTE' option bit and really not even sure where to put the .exe,
so yeah, :P
thought id say something and see what im doing wrong This time, ;)

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

OK, maybe this >>

SciTE should be running when SciTE Hopper is started. The icon you select is the SciTE Hopper titlebar icon and not the SciTE titlebar icon, this will then show the 'Add to SciTE' menu. It copies the file (where ever you ran it from) to the SciTe folder and to a new folder called SciTE Hopper. It then adds the following (see below) to the SciTEUser.properties making sure that the command number is unqiue i.e. the highest number, in my case its 35.

Code: Select all

# 35 SciTE Hopper
command.35.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\SciTE Hopper\SciTE Hopper.exe"
command.name.35.$(au3)=SciTE Hopper
command.shortcut.35.$(au3)=Alt+H
command.subsystem.35.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.35.$(au3)=2
command.quiet.35.$(au3)=1
Thanks for trying :) How to use, select an .au3 file with Functions and click on the Function to jump to.

SciTE Hopper works without integrating to SciTE, but everytime I start SciTE I only have to hit Alt + H to start SciTE Hopper, this is why I added the integration option.

Firewrath

#4 Post by Firewrath »

(doing this from a touchpad, so please forgive any odd text/scewups, :P .....also, wow, these things are nice, ^_^)

ahh, i see, I see, ok, so then, got it running like you said, but I have other issues, ^_^;;
if I try to install without a script open, I get an error code, or if I even run 'scite hopper with something like the hello world code, I get an error code,
both error codes are the same and are:
Line 328 (File "SciTE Hopper.exe"):
Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
if I use a bigger script, it adds 'Scite Hopper' to the tools menu (after a Scite restart), but it doesnt install/copy 'scite hopper.exe' to the scite hopper folder, so when I try to run the program from the tools menu, I get:
Error while launching:
"<path>\AutoIt Portable\App\SciTe\SciTE Hopper\SciTE Hopper.exe"
The system cannot find the file specified.
And if i check for the folder, its not there,
and all this was, ofcourse, done on a fresh install of AutoIt Portable/AutoIt/SciTE4AutoIt3, :P
Last edited by Firewrath on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

if I try to install without a script open, I get an error code, or if I even run 'scite hopper with something like the hello world code, I get an error code,
Correct, SciTE must be open in AutoIt mode which can only be achieved when using an .au3 file in SciTE to install.

Wow, you've found a BUG! If the file has no Functions on Startup it fails, as I always use Functions I've never had this problem. So if you drop the Source Code and then the Hello World Example no problem. I will FIX IT.

What does SciTEUser.properties say when you've loaded a file with Functions and selected 'Add to AutoIt'? And is the file in SciTe\SciTE Hopper?

Firewrath

#6 Post by Firewrath »

sorry, had to move to a PC, someone wanted their touchpad back, not that i blame them, ^-^
so i finished/edit my post above with some of that info,

But the 'SciTEUser.properties' bit all sets up correctly, like so:
# 35 SciTE Hopper
command.35.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\SciTE Hopper\SciTE Hopper.exe"
command.name.35.$(au3)=SciTE Hopper
command.shortcut.35.$(au3)=Alt+H
command.subsystem.35.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.35.$(au3)=2
command.quiet.35.$(au3)=1
infact, its the only bit in that file, :P

Edit: Also just a quick note so i dont post needlessly in the other thread,
no, i dont know how to code in AutoIt, but ive been thinking about messing with it, which is why i setup AutoIt Portable to see what its like,

...although right now, im heavily considering Javascript to see if i can do a touchpad app, :oops:
(plus, im more used to HTML/CSS)
but im still gonna try AutoIt out since ive messed with it this much, :P

guinness

#7 Post by guinness »

ahh, i see, I see, ok, so then, got it running like you said, but I have other issues, ^_^;;
Quote:
Line 328 (File "SciTE Hopper.exe"):
Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
FIXED in V1.0.0.1.
if I use a bigger script, it adds 'Scite Hopper' to the tools menu (after a Scite restart), but it doesnt install/copy 'scite hopper.exe' to the scite hopper folder, so when I try to run the program from the tools menu, I get:
Quote:
Error while launching:
"<path>\AutoIt Portable\App\SciTe\SciTE Hopper\SciTE Hopper.exe"
The system cannot find the file specified.
FIXED in V1.0.0.1.
And if i check for the folder, its not there,
and all this was, ofcourse, done on a fresh install of AutoIt Portable/AutoIt/SciTE4AutoIt3,
Yeh sorry about that, I thought I copied the file but it seems I didn't :oops:
infact, its the only bit in that file,
That's normally the case, but if you want to add other tools you should add there as this file isn't overwritten when a new Version of SciTE4AutoIt3 is released.

Obviously the bugs above I would've never found as I've always run with a file that has Functions in it & even when testing from SciTE the SourceCode was always open. Thanks FireWrath :D

Uploaded V1.0.0.1 to the Website.

guinness

#8 Post by guinness »

Edit: Also just a quick note so i dont post needlessly in the other thread,
no, i dont know how to code in AutoIt, but ive been thinking about messing with it, which is why i setup AutoIt Portable to see what its like,

...although right now, im heavily considering Javascript to see if i can do a touchpad app,
(plus, im more used to HTML/CSS)
but im still gonna try AutoIt out since ive messed with it this much,
My mistake, sorry :( I hope you do start to code and use my Examples as a basis to learn :mrgreen:

guinness

#9 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.0.0.2

Changelog:

- ADDED: HotKey Ctrl + F to set focus to the search input.
- ADDED: Multi-language support with on the fly updating.
- ADDED: Re-sizing of the GUI.
- ADDED: Search within files for a chosen keyword, great if you forget the exact name of a function.
- CHANGED: Name from SciTE Hopper to SciTE Jump.
- IMPROVED: Several UI tweaks.
- IMPROVED: Source code with speed enhancements.
- IMPROVED: The speed of reading a file e.g. a 6005 line file can now be read in 0.09 seconds compared to 0.72 seconds.

guinness

Re: SciTE Jump

#10 Post by guinness »

I've just this second uploaded Finnish (suomi) :D

guinness

#11 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.1.7.9
I've just updated SciTE Jump with emphasis towards improving the source code.

Changelog:

- ADDED: Update feature, so when you download a new version of SciTE Jump and run the application it will detect if SciTE Jump is on the system and update accordingly. (This does not connect to the Internet.)
- FIXED: Issue with functions not being exported correctly.
- IMPROVED: Checking if using the portable or installed version of AutoIt.
- IMPROVED: Source code with UI tweaks and speed enhancements.

joby_toss

#12 Post by joby_toss »

Don't know how I missed this one ...

Anyways, here is my Romanian translation:
http://www.mediafire.com/?iq1a5imtz84aen3

guinness

#13 Post by guinness »

Thanks joby :) I didn't want to bombard you with a language request that's how you missed it.

guinness

#14 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.2.7.10

Changelog:

- FIXED: Issue with the treeview appearing out of bounds when the application was minimised.

guinness

#15 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.3.9.15
I've just updated SciTE Jump with emphasis towards improving the source code and fixing reported issues.

Changelog:

- ADDED: Dropping a folder onto the GUI to add to the combobox for searching within files.
 - ADDED: x64 version of SciTE Jump.
 - FIXED: Issue with the SciTE Jump not closing if SciTE was closed and the application was minimised.
 - FIXED: Issue with images not showing on the buttons in Windows XP. (Thanks to MvGulik)
 - IMPROVED: The finding in files feature, now it won't read the file until the find input box is empty or the refresh button is selected.