ProEject

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Lupo73

Re: ProEject

#226 Post by Lupo73 »

I found the problem: PC-Welt adds a sponsor ads at the beginning of the article (it is visible only if you use a browser without ads filters) that is a link to "Kassenbuch 4", a software obviously not linked with ProEject, but that has these green buttons to be downloaded..

guinness

#227 Post by guinness »

Ah, thanks. Google translate was a little bad at translating this in my opinion. But so long as it's nothing to do with my download I'm happy.

papadidhiu

#228 Post by papadidhiu »

hi !

today i have found in the net ProEject!
still I am testing it.

some ´´cosmetic´´ suggestions.

1-instead of the double click on the program icon, replace it with click.
2-when click on the icon still leave the icon on the system tray.
3-when double click on the program icon (show/hide the window of the program)
4-smaller icons of the drivers ( customized/smaller window of the program calculated based on number of the drivers)
5-leave the program window always near the system tray.dismiss the possibility to drag it.
6-after successful eject of the drive , close the window of the program.
7-hide/replace safely and remove hardware icon of the window OS with icon of the Proeject.

guinness

#229 Post by guinness »

apadidhiu,

Have you tried the latest beta?

All,

The project isn't dead as some of you have asked. I develop in my free time so finding the time to develop is always going to be a challenge for anyone who doesn't do this for the money. I will have an update of ProEject Beta very soon. Watch this space.

guinness

#230 Post by guinness »

Work in progress...

webfork

#231 Post by webfork »

For my 3,000th post, I wanted to add some usage notes to a program that makes my life a lot easier:
  • Under preferences, I check "Minimise to the system tray" and "Minimise ProEject on Startup" so it stays out of the way, and so I don't accidentally close it.
  • Once that's set, I set this to autostart (under PStart) and it's always running -- I find it works better/faster/easier that way. The 64-bit version (it's the same as the 32-bit version, the program autostarts) only takes up around 2.2 megs, so it's not too taxing on my system.
  • When I need something ejected, right-click the icon and select the drive.
It seems like a small thing to eject a drive quickly and smoothly, but at the end of the day just wanting badly to pull the drive and leave without getting a bunch of error messages about "close programs and try again" well after closing everything. I can't tell you how many times I've ejected my DVD-ROM device by mistake or just tempted fate and pulled out the drive anyway. Big headache reducer.

Thanks for your work on this, guinness.

guinness

#232 Post by guinness »

I will have a look at this, thanks for reporting. Development is still in progress, but because it's only me working on it, development is steady.

I have to update Mousinity, SciTE Jump, Keyndicate and Swap'em first, before I continue with ProEject.

guinness

#233 Post by guinness »

So as I'm the lead developer of ProEject I've decided v2 should begin development.

I don't want to give anything away just yet nor set a deadline, so please be patient with me and lets look forward to the next generation of ProEject.

Note: If you're an AutoIt developer who wants to join in development then please send me a PM and we can discuss from there.

webfork

#234 Post by webfork »

guinness wrote:I don't want to give anything away just yet nor set a deadline, so please be patient with me and lets look forward to the next generation of ProEject.
Definitely available for any alpha / beta testing you wanna do.

guinness

#235 Post by guinness »

I have uploaded a new beta to the ProEject website.

webfork

#236 Post by webfork »

guinness wrote:I have uploaded a new beta to the ProEject website.
Cool thanks ... will test out.

webfork

#237 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote:
guinness wrote:I have uploaded a new beta to the ProEject website.
Cool thanks ... will test out.
Not much to report -- tested on WinXP off and on for the past few weeks and it seems to work great. It *seems* to work faster, but I can't quite tell compared to some of my system changes of recent. Were you looking for more specific feedback?

*Loathe* not having this program available on a WinXP system.

BottleOfWater

#238 Post by BottleOfWater »

Noron Antivirus blocked ProEject x86, calling it a Trojan. Other than that, beta version works fine. I have a small suggestion: how about adding an option to close ALL open programs and then ejecting the drive? That way, for example, if you use a WinRAR SFX to run your portable apps, you won't leave traces in the temp folder.

guinness

#239 Post by guinness »

Thanks. I will resume development in the summer.

just.odd.dude

#240 Post by just.odd.dude »

Last beta (V1.2.0.0) don't save settings. Instead of create Settings.ini, program update date ProEject.dat. Fix it, please.