ProEject

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: ProEject

#196 Post by guinness »

ProEject V1.1.32.58 (Beta)

The last beta was released 10 days ago and I have to say the comments and suggestions I've received have been tremendous. So as a huge thank you here is a new beta version with a ton of additions and bug fixes. Thanks.

Updates:
- ADDED: Cleaning of shortcuts on the Desktop and in the QuickLaunch folder.
- ADDED: Exclude drives option to the right click menu. (Thanks to an unnamed user)
- ADDED: Now a drive letter being passed via the commandline with a backslash '\' will eject too e.g. X:\ Before only X or X: was accepted.
- ADDED: Option to add ProEject to the Explorer contextmenu to display when right clicking on a drive icon. (Thanks to lautrepay)
- ADDED: Option to delete locked files at bootup.
- ADDED: Select the drive icon in the 'Properties' GUI to open the drive.
- ADDED: TrueCrypt icon to the properties box, if TrueCrypt is available and the drive is a TrueCrypt drive.
- FIXED: Duplicate language string. (Thanks to spicydog)
- FIXED: Incorrect deletion time being displayed.
- FIXED: Issue where closing when maximised didn't maximise at the start of ProEject.
- FIXED: Issue where settings that were being saved weren't reverted if 'Cancel' was selected in the Settings GUI.
- FIXED: NoExclusions message showing when adding an exclusion but selecting cancel in the settings window.
- FIXED: When using a single character commandline parameters e.g. /c would cause a conflict with ejecting a drive of that same letter e.g. C.
- IMPROVED: Compiled with the latest stable version of AutoIt.
- IMPROVED: Overall speed from the last beta.
- IMPROVED: Position of the GUI when ProEject is first started. (Thanks to Melba23)
- IMPROVED: Positioning of the popup notifications. (Thanks to Melba23)
- REMOVED: Icons being shown in the context menu when using 'Classic Theme Mode.'
- UPDATED: If the /eject commandline parameter was used without a drive letter e.g. /eject F: then the drive letter of where ProEject is running from will be used instead.

lautrepay

#197 Post by lautrepay »

I don't know how but I've did miss the latest beta release.
I've just downloaded it to test the new context menu entry.
1) It follows the link, so I can eject the drives right-clicking in the desktop icons. Nice!
2) On the other hand, I have to set ProEject to start in no-GUI mode, otherwise when I eject the drive from the context menu it just starts the program.
In my ad-hoc context menu I've used the commandline arguments, so, with a cascaded submenu it's possible to define various actions and, when I need, I still can start ProEject in GUI mode.
Is it possible to implement something like that?
3) I suppose there's an icon in the context menu. I just can't see it, probably thanks to my Vista.

guinness

#198 Post by guinness »

lautrepay,

I will fix the issue you reported. Thanks. Also about the cascading menu I can easily do it in Windows 7 but Windows Vista is a little tricky with using native AutoIt code so this is set for a future release. I hope that's OK?

lautrepay

#199 Post by lautrepay »

guinness wrote:lautrepay,

I will fix the issue you reported. Thanks. Also about the cascading menu I can easily do it in Windows 7 but Windows Vista is a little tricky with using native AutoIt code so this is set for a future release. I hope that's OK?
The way it is now but with the possibility to start ProEject in GUI mode is perfect for me. A cascading menu was just a suggestion in case you want a more complete context menu entry.
Thanks again for your work, guinness! (And your time! You didin't post nothing for some days, so I suppose you've been really busy...).
And don't worry about supporting Vista. I don't know nobody that still uses it, and in the TPFC forums I think I'am the only one... Perhaps JohnW is another one...

dany

#200 Post by dany »

Really great app, guinness. Been using it for a month now and it makes it so much easier to clean up the host machine.

Got some small remarks about the beta though (on Win7 x64):
  • If started minimized, it still briefly flashes the gui on startup.
  • When in 'minimize to tray mode', the close button closes the app. Ok, that sounds logical, but I've got a lot of apps that actually minimize when clicking the close button and I've grown used to that behavior. I do not know how you feel about this and it's just a detail, but I do know it's easy to do in AutoIt. Just trowing it in there.
Other than that I'm a happy user!

guinness

#201 Post by guinness »

Thanks :) You learnt anything about AutoIt from the source code? And how's that UDF? Your suggestions are simple to fix and will be included in the next beta which I aim to upload this weekend, unless the AutoIt documentation updating gets in the way ;)

dany

#202 Post by dany »

Awesome!
guinness wrote:You learnt anything about AutoIt from the source code?
Not this particular one, really haven't looked at it yet. DropIt though gave me some pointers, especially on using image resources from compiled scripts.
guinness wrote:And how's that UDF?
Ah yea, I'll send that to you before the weekend and probably post it on the AutoIt forums as well. I'll have to write up a small example first.

Anyway, ProEject is a real time-saver, I'd only wish Windows 7 had not broken the usb autorun feature. I know why they did it, but still.

guinness

#203 Post by guinness »

Ah yea, I'll send that to you before the weekend and probably post it on the AutoIt forums as well. I'll have to write up a small example first.
Cool, if you don't happen to send it to me then I'll keep a look out in the Examples section :)

guinness

#204 Post by guinness »

dany wrote:Really great app, guinness. Been using it for a month now and it makes it so much easier to clean up the host machine.

Got some small remarks about the beta though (on Win7 x64):
  • If started minimized, it still briefly flashes the gui on startup.
  • When in 'minimize to tray mode', the close button closes the app. Ok, that sounds logical, but I've got a lot of apps that actually minimize when clicking the close button and I've grown used to that behavior. I do not know how you feel about this and it's just a detail, but I do know it's easy to do in AutoIt. Just trowing it in there.
Other than that I'm a happy user!
Both your comments/requests have been added to ProEject with an update coming this weekend. Now I just have to troubleshoot lautrepay's problem. :mrgreen:

dany

#205 Post by dany »

Wow, great!
About the UDF, that'll be sunday afternoon if all goes well. Been a hectic week.

guinness

#206 Post by guinness »

Cool, can't wait.

guinness

#207 Post by guinness »

lautrepay wrote:2) On the other hand, I have to set ProEject to start in no-GUI mode, otherwise when I eject the drive from the context menu it just starts the program.
I can now confirm this has been fixed and I'll be uploading tomorrow as I want to add a couple of more tweaks beforehand.

guinness

#208 Post by guinness »

ProEject V1.1.33.61 (Beta)

This beta release was about fixing small bugs that had been reported by the following users dany & lautrepay as well as improving the source code.

Updates:
- ADDED: Minimise to the tray on program close. (Thanks to dany)
- FIXED: GUI displaying when the minimise to tray option was selected. (Thanks to dany)
- FIXED: GUI showing when using the contextmenu option. (Thanks to lautrepay)
- FIXED: USB model name not being displayed in the TrayMenu.

guinness

#209 Post by guinness »

So since the last beta I've been re-working on how to load either the x32/x64 version of ProEject using the wrapper & what I've decided to do like so many of my fellow developers is to have a x32 & x64 folder and then use the wrapper to start the specific ProEject. The reason for this change is at present I embed both files in the wrapper and extract according to the system's architecture, but this is a little slow on certain systems and I presume most just use the x32 version anyway.

If you have a different approach then please let me know, your comments and suggestions are very welcome.

guinness

#210 Post by guinness »

The next beta will be coming this weekend. It will include the following changes...

1. Improving ejection of multiple partitions.
2. Exporting drive information to CSV, HTML, XML or Text file.
3. You tell me what you want :D