ProEject

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: ProEject

#181 Post by guinness »

What are the various methods of contacting you?
Via the website contact page with a reply time of less than 24 hours.
How does someone donate to you (do you want to accept donations or even mess with that?)
I would love to accept donations but I have to be a little realistic is there a need? Do people donate to single open source developers?
Does anyone else belong on the credits list? Maybe something about the AutoIt creators? Folks here on the forums?
No one has offered or provided any code to ProEject, just ideas and they're included in the credits of the ReadMe and/or translation file.
What questions about the program are you frequently asked (if any)?
None right now, as I've added to the Readme file the most frequent questions I've been asked over the past 4 months.
On a side note, I'm looking into video help stuff because I sorta prefer that. I'll use it in addition to the help tool.
OK, I would say though that this can be done once I have a RC build of ProEject, as the beta is still incomplete and the current stable lacks features from the beta release.

webfork

#182 Post by webfork »

> I would love to accept donations but I have to be a little realistic is there a need? Do people donate to single open source developers?

Not a clue. I do think if you keep working on it and the program becomes a program almost becomes something everyone recommends to everyone (like VLC and something-other-than-Internet Explorer) you'll start to see donations.

> No one has offered or provided any code to ProEject

I'll move the other issues off forums as I can't see anyone really interested in them.

> I've added to the Readme file the most frequent questions I've been asked over the past 4 months.

Sounds good. I'll just bump that information over.

guinness

#183 Post by guinness »

I've just uploaded French and Swedish for ProEject Stable & Beta versions.

guinness

#184 Post by guinness »

Despite there being only 1 outstanding bug report the second stable release won't be final until AutoIt release their stable version, which at present I can't say when this will be.

Also I found that ProEject is also listed on the popular alternativeto site >> http://alternativeto.net/software/proeject/ :mrgreen:

guinness

#185 Post by guinness »

I mentioned the other day I would resume work on ProEject and today was the day that began.

I should have a new beta release by the start of next week if not before. Thanks to all who sent me a message with new ideas and bug reports.

Code: Select all

- ADDED: Cleaning of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths key.
- ADDED: Option to display a notification when a drive is inserted.
- ADDED: Version number to the about box.
- FIXED: Flashing of the GUI when initially started.
- FIXED: Issue with exclusions list causing the application to hang.
- IMPROVED: USB monitoring using the WM_DEVICECHANGE message.
To be completed before the next beta release:

- ADD: /EjectAll to eject all drives.
- ADD: Ignore TrueCrypt for the above addition.

spicydog

#186 Post by spicydog »

Wow guinness,

That was unexpected (and quick!)... Just when it seemed that ProEject was perfect, a new (even richer) version pops up.

Thanks a lot for your outstanding dedication!

Happy holidays to you and all ProEject's fans :mrgreen:

guinness

#187 Post by guinness »

Thanks spicydog, I have accumulated more ideas since we last spoke :D Now translating those ideas into code is an entirely different matter.

guinness

#188 Post by guinness »

Another great day...

- ADDED: /ejectall commandline to eject all the usb drives currently running. (Thanks to webfork) ; Required a re-write of the ejection code.
- FIXED: Issue where the popups weren't showing correctly when using 'Classic theme' mode in Windows.
New beta coming tomorrow.

guinness

#189 Post by guinness »

ProEject V1.1.25.46 (Beta)
The last beta release was over 2 months ago and a lot of people have contacted me in one way or another with new translations, new ideas & bug reports, so thanks to all who took time out of their schedules to offer advice. Any suggestions then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Updates:
- ADDED: /ejectall commandline to eject all the usb drives currently running. (Thanks to webfork)
- ADDED: Cleaning of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths key.
- ADDED: Option to display a notification when a drive is inserted.
- ADDED: Version number to the about box.
- FIXED: Flashing of the GUI when initially started.
- FIXED: Issue where the popups weren't showing correctly when using 'Classic theme' mode in Windows.
- FIXED: Issue with exclusions list causing the application to hang.
- IMPROVED: USB monitoring using the WM_DEVICECHANGE message.
- IMPROVED: The speed of ProEject and fixed small bugs, though these are undocumented.

guinness

#190 Post by guinness »

I've received feedback about the latest beta & proceeded to continue with updating ProEject, the next beta release will be coming in the next couple of days, depending on how well internal testing goes. I will also resume updating the documentation that webfork kindly started.

- ADDED: Cleaning of shortcuts on the Desktop and in QuickLaunch folder.
- ADDED: Exclude drives option to the right click menu. (Thanks to an unnamed user)
- ADDED: Option to delete locked files at bootup.
- FIXED: Duplicate language string. (Thanks to spicydog)
- FIXED: Incorrect deletion time being displayed.
- FIXED: Issue where closing when maximised didn't maximise at the start of ProEject.
- FIXED: NoExclusions message showing when adding an exclusion but selecting cancel in the settings window.
- IMPROVED: Overall speed from the last beta.
- IMPROVED: Positioning of the popup notifications. (Thanks to Melba23)

lautrepay

#191 Post by lautrepay »

I made a context menu entry for ProEject using FileMenu Tools. When I right-click on a drive I've got this:

But is not useful...
My purpose was to take advantage of DesktopMedia. But when I right-click the icon of a USB drive in the desktop... well, it's a link.
Is there a work around for this?

Between, guinness, is it possible to remove the icon of the native Windows ejection system from the systray when there's no more usb drives to eject?

guinness

#192 Post by guinness »

I could add this in the next release where there is an option to add to the ContextMenu for drives, would this help?

I already have a UDF ready to go so it would take literally 30 seconds to implement, 20 of which would be to find the UDF :)
Between, guinness, is it possible to remove the icon of the native Windows ejection system from the systray when there's no more usb drives to eject?
What OS are you using? Is this a ProEject issue or Windows being lazy?

lautrepay

#193 Post by lautrepay »

guinness wrote:I could add this in the next release where there is an option to add to the ContextMenu for drives, would this help?

I already have a UDF ready to go so it would take literally 30 seconds to implement, 20 of which would be to find the UDF :)
A context menu entry would be really great!
And if you can code a little app like DesktopMedia, better. I remember this post...
What OS are you using? Is this a ProEject issue or Windows being lazy?[/quote]
I'm running Vista 64. Maybe is Windows being lazy...

guinness

#194 Post by guinness »

And if you can code a little app like DesktopMedia, better. I remember this post...
I should have a beta of ProEject out next week, as the holidays sort of crept up on me.

You have a great memory, I thought people had forgotten that post, the new application coming is tentatively titled MediaShort, though the name is open to suggestion of course.
I'm running Vista 64. Maybe is Windows being lazy...
I knew that already, I don't know why I asked, sorry. This appears to be an issue with Windows not registering the drive being removed i.e. Windows being problematic. :D

I have to say ProEject has been the most difficult application to work on, because as we all know ejecting a drive in Windows isn't the easy thing to do, when you have open handles, so having to find workarounds has been time consuming but fun at the same time.

lautrepay

#195 Post by lautrepay »

guinness wrote:
I should have a beta of ProEject out next week, as the holidays sort of crept up on me.

You have a great memory, I thought people had forgotten that post, the new application coming is tentatively titled MediaShort, though the name is open to suggestion of course.
Really good news, thanks, guinness! :D
This appears to be an issue with Windows not registering the drive being removed i.e. Windows being problematic. :D
I have to say ProEject has been the most difficult application to work on, because as we all know ejecting a drive in Windows isn't the easy thing to do, when you have open handles, so having to find workarounds has been time consuming but fun at the same time.
Please, don't worry about this minor detail. I know there are important improvements that you are trying to implement, so if this this rebel icon will consume to much of your time, left it behind.
And yes, my Windows Vista is problematic. I'm tired of it...