ProEject

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

ProEject

#1 Post by guinness »

[Moderator note: this is the official forum topic for Proeject - View entry.]

---

So after much speculation here is the website for the new application entitled ProEject.

Website: http://softwarespot.wordpress.com/software/proeject

I am currently optimising the code, but if anyone wants to see what I have before the preview on Monday then just let me know.

[Mod note: project homepage has gone hidden a while ago; for anyone interested, Lupo Pen Suite still has a working download of Proeject v1.0:]

joby_toss

Re: ProEject

#2 Post by joby_toss »

Good news! :)

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

Excellent :mrgreen:

If anyone has any suggestions for additional Registry Keys or Folders for cleaning, then please do. This is what I've done so far, as you can see I've added additional Folders to ProEject, whereas EjectUSB cleans only the Recent >>
Cleans The Following Areas Of The Computer:
Registry >>
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\ (Windows XP) OR HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\ (Windows Vista+)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU & OpenSavePidlMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamMRU & Streams
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run & RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run & RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\LastVisitedMRU & LastVisitedPidlMRU

BagsMRU >> Queue wanted to Add this, but wasn't sure about it.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU

Windows Vista+
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

Folder(s) >>
SendTo Folder, Recent Folder, Startup Folders, QuickLaunch Folder & Pinned Folders (Windows 7 Only!)

Firewall >>
Entries Added To The Firewall.
If should be made aware that I've been using EjectUSB since April 2008 (I was the first to comment in the forum) so of course I have great respect and admiration for Queue's unique program and AutoIt ability. Therefore if you feel EjectUSB is still a great product and don't want to change, then great why should you :D The sole purpose for me doing this is I enjoy coding and I wanted to fix the Firewall cleaning in Windows 7 & a small bug I found. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by guinness on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am Baas

#4 Post by I am Baas »

Nice Website, guinness. I love the ProEject Icon.

Lupo73

#5 Post by Lupo73 »

It seems good! I'd like to test it.. and eventually add it in my Suite :D

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

I am Baas wrote:Nice Website, guinness. I love the ProEject Icon.
Ditto. Great stuff.

guinness

#7 Post by guinness »

The icon isn't designed by me, I got it from http://icons.mysitemyway.com/category/y ... ign-icons/ where they produce royalty free icons, but I can't redistribute, though I don't know if this means I can't include it with the source code? Perhaps not.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

guinness wrote:The icon isn't designed by me, I got it from http://icons.mysitemyway.com/category/y ... ign-icons/ where they produce royalty free icons, but I can't redistribute, though I don't know if this means I can't include it with the source code? Perhaps not.
I'd send them a note and say you're working on a free, open source project that's trying to solve a problem many people and ask them for permission to redistribute. When you're doing something that's almost charity, its hard to say no.

guinness

#9 Post by guinness »

Thats what I thought too webfork :D

My aim is increase in speed, I've managed to optimise _FileListToArray() with a reduction of 0.50ms, which might not seem alot for a single folder, but if we're talking about 10 then thats a reduction in 5ms or 100 (well you get the idea!)

And as I pointed out before I'm using EjectUSB as a point of reference and improving the code Queue created. If you look in the Source Code there is a Function called _GetDriveNumber() which converts a drive letter to a number for AutoStart.exe & AutoEject.exe, this is 29 lines that I've reduced to just 1.

Code: Select all

Func _GetDriveNumber($sDrive)
	Return Asc(StringUpper($sDrive)) - 65
EndFunc   ;==>_GetDriveNumber
If anyone has suggestions on Registry Keys or Folders to clean then let me know.

Stone Tablet

#10 Post by Stone Tablet »

Will you please consider adding an option to clear the folder "Local Settings\Temp"?

guinness

#11 Post by guinness »

Yeh I can add %TEMP%! But it will be optional of course.

Example of INI File.
[General]
Clean=1
Close=1
Eject=1
Flush=1
RemoveSubst=1
Silent=0
Temp=1
Wait=5

[Excluded]
List=opera.exe;chrome.exe

Lupo73

#12 Post by Lupo73 »

Does it need to be configured editing the INI or has a GUI?

guinness

#13 Post by guinness »

It will have a GUI. My approach is K.I.S.S, so I was wondering are people happy with those settings?

spicydog

#14 Post by spicydog »

guinness wrote:It will have a GUI. My approach is K.I.S.S, so I was wondering are people happy with those settings?
AFAIAC the settings are fine but surely after you will be releasing ProEject there will be more concrete comments/suggestions.

I like a lot the webpage (original, sharp and very nice pics).

ProEject will be the final name?

Thanks for all the great work you are doing :mrgreen:

Lupo73

#15 Post by Lupo73 »

If the plan is (initially) to allow manual INI editing for settings, you could consider to add comment lines to describe each parameter.. for example:

Code: Select all

[General]
; To clean the registry:
Clean=1
; To close ProEject after process:
Close=1
; To eject the flash drive:
Eject=1
; ...
Flush=1
; ...
RemoveSubst=1
; ...
Silent=0
; ...
Temp=1
; ...
Wait=5

[Excluded]
List=opera.exe;chrome.exe
Does it will support also the ejection of defined drives (not the drive where ProEject is)?