running jpe quickie on x64

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
-.-

running jpe quickie on x64

#1 Post by -.- »

Hi, since Jpe seems to work on windows 7 x64 when precompiled, I'm wondering if it's possible to get the jpe quickie to run on x64 so I can make the launcher with the right icon. Currently I'm using a generic launcher but I'd like to change the the icon eventually to that of the programs

crownixx

Re: running jpe quickie on x64

#2 Post by crownixx »

Not sure but i guess you have to try and find it yourself. What i know is redllar only made the change to JPEPortable.exe for the tester to try it out on the x64 system, but not in jpe quickie.

I only can recommend you to try the latest alpha build of 060 GUI and see if that work for you. Else, the only option left is to manually change the launcher icon via Reshacker. Read the joby_toss tutorial here

-.-

#3 Post by -.- »

I tried, that, changing icon makes my antivirus alert go off, its why I didnt want to do it this way.

Yeah I got the 060 build and the jpeportable runs but not the other parts of it, which was why I was asking about this.

crownixx

#4 Post by crownixx »

Another alternative to built "iconized launcher" is JPEALMaker.exe which is available in the latest build of version 0.6.
I think it might work on version 0.5

-.-

#5 Post by -.- »

hm i wasnt aware that 6.0 was being tested, i grabbed it, i'll play with it

if i dont post back, means everything went well :D I'll probably post if it goes well or if it doesnt lol