Discovery

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
Devildevilira

Discovery

#1 Post by Devildevilira »

1.how to use discovery on jpe 030 alpha nb19? When i click it, it says=this has not yet implemented . .thing like that.
2. I already have an app made portable on jpe using xp pro os and am planning to discover if it will run successfully on vista and wndows7, but i dont know how to use discovery. Sory if i ask a lot. Just realy need help.thx

crownixx

Re: Discovery

#2 Post by crownixx »

Devildevilira wrote:1.how to use discovery on jpe 030 alpha nb19? When i click it, it says=this has not yet implemented . .thing like that.
2. I already have an app made portable on jpe using xp pro os and am planning to discover if it will run successfully on vista and wndows7, but i dont know how to use discovery.
If i'm right, when we talk about "Discovery" in the JauntePE scope, that terminology means it is a process to produce an output that will be used to achieve an objective which is optimizing config ini.

If you have 030 alpha nb19, now open the readme.html. Optimizing config ini is clearly demonstrate in The Examples > Notepad Examples > Fastest Example. Please go through the demonstration yourself and compare the Fastest Example with the Normal Example.

Following the rest of the JPE Discovery message, it suggest to use JPE Quickie as alternative for the optimizing work. It means JPE Quickie have the built-in intelligent to help you optimizing the config ini automatically. Again in the readme.html, please go through The Tutorials. I have also created the videos from this tutorial which you can reach here. It also have been mention in the Getting Started step 3 :)
Sory if i ask a lot. Just realy need help.thx
Don't worry. You're helping JPE actually as I think i could build FAQ with questions you asked.

Devildevilira

Re: Discovery

#3 Post by Devildevilira »

thx. we appreciate things from you. Hope there are guys like you here on our country. I'll do what you said. Im also trying to make Total Commander 7.56a portable using JPE, i'll ask later about it eh.