Wiki for JauntePE

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
crownixx

Wiki for JauntePE

#1 Post by crownixx »

Previously, we request a wiki web for jpe...There we have it.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jauntepe

So, what to do next?
I'm thinking copying some of information in JPE Google site to the wiki. Anyone have any other suggestion?

webfork

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#2 Post by webfork »

crownixx wrote:I'm thinking copying some of information in JPE Google site to the wiki. Anyone have any other suggestion?
I really like MediaWiki, but the version that SourceForge is so locked down that its hard to get anyone to collaborate with you. I'm also annoyed with SourceForge in terms of a collaboration medium.

However, it may be as good as any other; I've been searching off-and-on for a Wiki service I could handle for a while now without success. I would have started a portablefreeware wiki long ago if I had.

crownixx

#3 Post by crownixx »

webfork wrote:I really like MediaWiki, but the version that SourceForge is so locked down that its hard to get anyone to collaborate with you.
But SourceForge have OpenIDfeature. Do you think it work? I'm not good at web development stuff or things like that but i'm not sure if MediaWiki SF version provide settings to control the authorization area

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

crownixx wrote:
webfork wrote:I really like MediaWiki, but the version that SourceForge is so locked down that its hard to get anyone to collaborate with you.
But SourceForge have OpenIDfeature. Do you think it work? I'm not good at web development stuff or things like that but i'm not sure if MediaWiki SF version provide settings to control the authorization area
They do, but you have to authorize anyone who wants to edit the wiki, which is contrary to the point of a wiki and, in my experience, makes it harder to get people involved.

I understand SourceForge's position as far as anti-spam and all that, but I wish there was another way.

crownixx

#5 Post by crownixx »

webfork wrote:They do, but you have to authorize anyone who wants to edit the wiki,
Does it apply for SourceForge user account as well? i hope not.. i thought the authorization depends on the page protection

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

crownixx wrote:
webfork wrote:They do, but you have to authorize anyone who wants to edit the wiki,
Does it apply for SourceForge user account as well? i hope not.. i thought the authorization depends on the page protection
Unless they changed it since I last worked on it, you have to add users. It doesn't matter that you have a SF account.

crownixx

#7 Post by crownixx »

webfork wrote:Unless they changed it since I last worked on it, you have to add users. It doesn't matter that you have a SF account.
Ok, thank for the info webfork. I'll try to go through its doc/help when i got time later on. Maybe it got settings that we can changed

SYSTEM

#8 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote:
crownixx wrote:
Unless they changed it since I last worked on it, you have to add users. It doesn't matter that you have a SF account.
At least the Trac wiki allows pages to be edited without authorization. Unfortunately.

All SourceForge.net users are able to edit the main page of OxygenOffice Professional project. :shock: Including spammers. :(
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

crownixx

#9 Post by crownixx »

SYSTEM wrote: All SourceForge.net users are able to edit the main page of OxygenOffice Professional project. :shock: Including spammers. :(
I missed this post for quite at a time. Thanks SYSTEM for the suggestion. Maybe allowing all people for editing is not always good, especially jpe is still new. Maybe jpe should stick with the mediawiki for now with more control environment until jpe could create its own team members.

Midas

#10 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:[...]I've been searching off-and-on for a Wiki service I could handle for a while now without success. I would have started a portablefreeware wiki long ago if I had.
I'm ressurecting this long defunct thread for the benefit of the TPFC community, so that we might have a wiki one day... :oops:

Has anyone looked at Wikidot? I have done the same raking around for a free hosted solution and Wikidot was the best I found... Hope this helps.

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote:Has anyone looked at Wikidot
I've evaluated a long list of free wiki providers and they always come up short in some important way. Why do you advocate Wikidot?