Wiki for JauntePE

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
Post Reply
Message
Author
crownixx
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:26 am

Wiki for JauntePE

#1 Post by crownixx » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:28 am

Previously, we request a wiki web for jpe...There we have it.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jauntepe

So, what to do next?
I'm thinking copying some of information in JPE Google site to the wiki. Anyone have any other suggestion?
JauntePE the portable maker: <<JauntePE Google Site >>

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9520
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#2 Post by webfork » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:12 am

crownixx wrote:I'm thinking copying some of information in JPE Google site to the wiki. Anyone have any other suggestion?
I really like MediaWiki, but the version that SourceForge is so locked down that its hard to get anyone to collaborate with you. I'm also annoyed with SourceForge in terms of a collaboration medium.

However, it may be as good as any other; I've been searching off-and-on for a Wiki service I could handle for a while now without success. I would have started a portablefreeware wiki long ago if I had.

crownixx
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:26 am

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#3 Post by crownixx » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:18 pm

webfork wrote:I really like MediaWiki, but the version that SourceForge is so locked down that its hard to get anyone to collaborate with you.
But SourceForge have OpenIDfeature. Do you think it work? I'm not good at web development stuff or things like that but i'm not sure if MediaWiki SF version provide settings to control the authorization area
JauntePE the portable maker: <<JauntePE Google Site >>

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9520
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#4 Post by webfork » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:25 pm

crownixx wrote:
webfork wrote:I really like MediaWiki, but the version that SourceForge is so locked down that its hard to get anyone to collaborate with you.
But SourceForge have OpenIDfeature. Do you think it work? I'm not good at web development stuff or things like that but i'm not sure if MediaWiki SF version provide settings to control the authorization area
They do, but you have to authorize anyone who wants to edit the wiki, which is contrary to the point of a wiki and, in my experience, makes it harder to get people involved.

I understand SourceForge's position as far as anti-spam and all that, but I wish there was another way.

crownixx
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:26 am

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#5 Post by crownixx » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:44 am

webfork wrote:They do, but you have to authorize anyone who wants to edit the wiki,
Does it apply for SourceForge user account as well? i hope not.. i thought the authorization depends on the page protection
JauntePE the portable maker: <<JauntePE Google Site >>

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9520
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#6 Post by webfork » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:33 am

crownixx wrote:
webfork wrote:They do, but you have to authorize anyone who wants to edit the wiki,
Does it apply for SourceForge user account as well? i hope not.. i thought the authorization depends on the page protection
Unless they changed it since I last worked on it, you have to add users. It doesn't matter that you have a SF account.

crownixx
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:26 am

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#7 Post by crownixx » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:22 am

webfork wrote:Unless they changed it since I last worked on it, you have to add users. It doesn't matter that you have a SF account.
Ok, thank for the info webfork. I'll try to go through its doc/help when i got time later on. Maybe it got settings that we can changed
JauntePE the portable maker: <<JauntePE Google Site >>

User avatar
SYSTEM
Posts: 1953
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#8 Post by SYSTEM » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:30 am

webfork wrote:
crownixx wrote:
webfork wrote:They do, but you have to authorize anyone who wants to edit the wiki,
Does it apply for SourceForge user account as well? i hope not.. i thought the authorization depends on the page protection
Unless they changed it since I last worked on it, you have to add users. It doesn't matter that you have a SF account.
At least the Trac wiki allows pages to be edited without authorization. Unfortunately.

All SourceForge.net users are able to edit the main page of OxygenOffice Professional project. :shock: Including spammers. :(
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

crownixx
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:26 am

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#9 Post by crownixx » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:49 am

SYSTEM wrote: All SourceForge.net users are able to edit the main page of OxygenOffice Professional project. :shock: Including spammers. :(
I missed this post for quite at a time. Thanks SYSTEM for the suggestion. Maybe allowing all people for editing is not always good, especially jpe is still new. Maybe jpe should stick with the mediawiki for now with more control environment until jpe could create its own team members.
JauntePE the portable maker: <<JauntePE Google Site >>

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 5521
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Sol3

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#10 Post by Midas » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:17 am

webfork wrote:[...]I've been searching off-and-on for a Wiki service I could handle for a while now without success. I would have started a portablefreeware wiki long ago if I had.
I'm ressurecting this long defunct thread for the benefit of the TPFC community, so that we might have a wiki one day... :oops:

Has anyone looked at Wikidot? I have done the same raking around for a free hosted solution and Wikidot was the best I found... Hope this helps.

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9520
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: Wiki for JauntePE

#11 Post by webfork » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:33 am

Midas wrote:Has anyone looked at Wikidot
I've evaluated a long list of free wiki providers and they always come up short in some important way. Why do you advocate Wikidot?

Post Reply