Jpe060 source

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
Devildevilira

Jpe060 source

#1 Post by Devildevilira »

I have seen on the web about a new release of jauntepe060. I downloaded it and i got jpe060 source . .
What's it for? Can i use it w/ jpe 030?

crownixx

Re: Jpe060 source

#2 Post by crownixx »

Devildevilira

#3 Post by Devildevilira »

Ok thx.

Devildevilira

#4 Post by Devildevilira »

Is this source code in c ? If Compiling it using bloodshed appropiate?

crownixx

#5 Post by crownixx »

Devildevilira wrote:Is this source code in c ? If Compiling it using bloodshed appropiate?
This is beyond my capability. If you're not sure which "things" are required for jpe, i think you should not compile it by yourself because the app is really..really under development and changes from closed source api hooking to new open-source api hooking

Firewrath

#6 Post by Firewrath »

just want to comment here,
Last i knew, from years back, (wow, seems so odd to say that, :shock:)
JPE was coded with VB, and as such, was incompatible with DevC++,
something to do with MS-VB syntax , idk, i found it annoying and blamed MS *shrug* :P

now, this does Not mean thats how things are now,
but if you try it in DevC++ and it doesnt work, this is most likely why,

Also, crownixx, i know ive said it before, ...somewhere, ...eh, :P
but its awesome to see you keeping JPE going and helping redllar out,
i wish i could put the new set through its paces like i use to, but, yeah, -_-
ahwell, im sure redllar is grateful he doesnt have to put up with my "Oh! What if....." emails for the new version too, ;)

so yeah, just passing through, Lates. ^-^

Devildevilira

#7 Post by Devildevilira »

@firewrath
So ok, thx. Im thinking of downloading the code to view it, and if ever compile it. Just for study purpose. But if its in VB, i only know c (and still studying)i surely wont understand it. Anyway, just like what crownixx said, its still under construction.

crownixx

#8 Post by crownixx »

Thanks for the info Firewrath.
Firewrath wrote:Also, crownixx, i know ive said it before, ...somewhere, ...eh, :P
If you weren't here for the first compiled jpe version 0.1 (JauntePE-contrib.zip), i would never knew about it ;). Yeah, i've still have the original copy of the zip, with your guideline
Firewrath wrote:i wish i could put the new set through its paces like i use to, but, yeah, -_-
why but?

Firewrath

#9 Post by Firewrath »

while im here i feel i should reply, so forgive 'bumping' the thread with a post not really related, ^-^;;
crownixx wrote:Thanks for the info Firewrath.
Firewrath wrote:Also, crownixx, i know ive said it before, ...somewhere, ...eh, :P
If you weren't here for the first compiled jpe version 0.1 (JauntePE-contrib.zip), i would never knew about it ;). Yeah, i've still have the original copy of the zip, with your guideline
heheh, Awesome, ^-^
its nice to of had such an influence on someone (positively for once, ;)), even if its 'minor' in the larger scheme of things, thanks for that ^-^
crownixx wrote:
Firewrath wrote:i wish i could put the new set through its paces like i use to, but, yeah, -_-
why but?
well the 'but' is all the issues i have that i feel ive mentioned too much in other places, :P
for instance, when i had a job i had access to 3 PCs and two laptops for testing, from winME to XP Pro (SP1&SP2, ...and prolly SP3 by now), i also had consistent internet access and over 300 programs that i had downloaded to test JPE with,

but now all i have is an old XP computer and a laptop that overheats and wont even run for 30min, :P
plus internet issues, -_-
as evidenced by how long it took me to reply, ^-^;
so it would be hard for me to get new programs, test JPE, and give reports in a timely manner,

So, 'but' all of that, :P