How to use jpe builder etc

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
Devildevilira

How to use jpe builder etc

#1 Post by Devildevilira »

1.How to use jpe tokenizer? Hope for atleast a simple tutorial on this.
2.how to use jpe builder? i think it aint working (or im just a looser). I cant realy build anything.
3. I have some posts that got lost on other that i dont its related to. Im sory, im just new here.
4. After a successful install, i tried to run my trying-to-be-portble app. It ran and starts, im trying to exercise it but it always hangs up. Specially when im browsing the pc using the app. What should i do. Thx

crownixx

Re: How to use jpe builder etc

#2 Post by crownixx »

Devildevilira wrote:1.How to use jpe tokenizer? Hope for atleast a simple tutorial on this.
Below is the quote taken from jauntepe readme.
NOTE: JPE Tokenizer is of lesser need now due to recent modifications to the JauntePE runtime settings to allow for on-the-fly tokenizing and detokenizing
For newbie, the easiest way is to always select _Normal3.ini when JPE Quickie asked on the config selection. Later you will find the portable registry is automatically tokenized and you don't need to use the jpe tokenizer anymore.

But i think i should add this tutorial afterward as it might be useful for advanced user who like optimizing the config ini.
Devildevilira wrote:2.how to use jpe builder? i think it aint working (or im just a looser). I cant realy build anything.
3. I have some posts that got lost on other that i dont its related to. Im sory, im just new here.
Please read through the Getting Started and i sure there are answers on your questions. Take a closer look at step 4 in the Getting Started
Devildevilira wrote:4. After a successful install, i tried to run my trying-to-be-portble app. It ran and starts, im trying to exercise it but it always hangs up. Specially when im browsing the pc using the app. What should i do. Thx
Please describe more details so everyone can have enough information and give help

Devildevilira

#3 Post by Devildevilira »

Ok,regarding my question about my attempt to create our portable app that later hang-up after installation: i've read on a forum about someone who replaced jauntepe.dll v050 w/ v030, so i also did that and things worked well. We have our app portable kn0w. I dont know why runtime v050 didnt worked on me, im working on a windows xp pro desktop that time. But i used lately runtime v050 on windows vista and i was able to make my app portable(but the sad thing is virus ate up what i hardly made for 5 days). Anyways, thx. Im looking forward for the open source version of jpe. When shall be it released? May i kn0w whats the difference between v030 and v050 of runtime dll's? Sory but the app we made portable is confidential, noncommercial and government owned. I cant really give details on it. Anyways, you guys are really a lot of help. Big thx.

crownixx

#4 Post by crownixx »

Devildevilira wrote: Im looking forward for the open source version of jpe. When shall be it released?
I don't know either. Currently the new engine api hooking is still require testing feedback here, plus new feature request to support unicode, plus new development of JPE GUI. Maybe it will take some time as right now JauntePE have only one developer. If you know someone who have the skill, maybe you can suggest him to join the team.
Devildevilira wrote:May i kn0w whats the difference between v030 and v050 of runtime dll's?
You can read the changelog in the readme.txt which included together with the runtime library. I also posted the changelog here.

Devildevilira

#5 Post by Devildevilira »

we'll okay. thx for the info. sory but as of know, we dont have any experts here to join your group. The only help we could give is to send examples of our attempts to portablize apps (like total commnder 7.56a) & try it on different OS, and asking questions about it. Gee, hope it wont be annoying.

crownixx

#6 Post by crownixx »

Devildevilira wrote:The only help we could give is to send examples of our attempts to portablize apps (like total commnder 7.56a) & try it on different OS, and asking questions about it. Gee, hope it wont be annoying.
It should be no problem to ask question here. But there is also new JauntePE forum and you can also ask question directly to the JauntePE developer, if i don't have the answer to it.