Let's not keep our time wasted. Here's how
- Ensure your portable application is using jauntePE.dll log version.
- Open the configuration ini and add following settings. Others logging settings are unnecessary
Code: Select all
- Run JPELogger.exe. Leave it running behind
- Now start the portable application. You will see JPE Logger will capture the hooked api calls "debug trace" done by the application.
- You can then view the log in JPE Logger or save it as a .log file
I love to debug using JPE Logger because we have the ability to capture the hooked api calls "debug trace" at a specific action where the problem would occur. For example, I could capture log activities only for initiate Open File Dialog in Foxit Reader.
The general steps for this tips are as follow:
- Run JPELogger.exe. Go to Edit > Untick "Capture Events"
- Now start the portable applicaton and let it run to the point before the error occurs start.
- In JPELogger.exe. Go to Edit > Tick back "Capture Events"
- Now go back to the applicaton and initiate your activity that could produce the error.
- You will see JPE Logger will capture the hooked api calls "debug trace" done just before the error occurs