[SpecialFolders] function

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
crownixx

[SpecialFolders] function

#1 Post by crownixx »

From my understanding, there are 2 purposes:
  1. To define a new portable file system* path for any non-special folder so that JauntePE can know the location where it can place the redirected files.
  2. To re-define the portable file system path OR its name
* Portable file system here means folders that located in the sandbox

Code: Select all

[SpecialFolders]
{Key}={Value}
Key: JauntePE special folder number OR the path of non-special folder.
Value: the location of the portable file system for folder that you define in the {Key} **
** IMPORTANT: If you insert relative path in {Value}, then the path is relative to the [Filesystem]Data. Not to the portable launcher...See Example 1 if still not clear

---------------------------------------
Example 1
---------------
For purpose number 1, a scenario where I want to redirect drive D:\ which of course it is a non-special folder. Thus, i need to set a new portable file system path. My configuration will be:

[Filesystem]
Use=1
Data=JPE

[SpecialFolders]
D:\=.\Drives\D

[FilesystemInclude]
1=D:\
"Drives\D" is my portable file system path for D:\. If i try to create a test.txt in D:\, then the file will be redirected to the path "JPE\Drives\D\test.txt". You can see here how Drives\D is relative to JPE

---------------------------------------
Example 2
---------------
Purpose number 2 which i think people might have a bit confuse and rarely used. A scenario where i want to redirect My Documents and My Music for the current user. My configuration will be

[Filesystem]
Use=1
Data=JPE

[FilesystemInclude]
1=5
2=13
By default JauntePE will be using [SpecialFolders]5=.\User\Documents, 13=.\User\Documents\Music (please refer to the jauntepe readme to get the other's special folder portable file system path). So if i create test.txt in My Documents and test.mp3 in My Music, then each of the will be redirected to the path "JPE\User\Documents\test.txt" and "JPE\User\Documents\Music\test.mp3". It will be quite annoying to me to go in that deep just to access the files. The solution is i need to modify the default path of the portable file system. I also want to change the default name of the portable file system from Documents -->My Documents and Music -->My Music so that my head will be less confusion. So my configuration will be

[Filesystem]
Use=1
Data=JPE

[SpecialFolders]
5=.\My Documents
13=.\My Music

[FilesystemInclude]
1=5
2=13
Now the files will be redirected to the path "JPE\My Documents\test.txt" and "JPE\My Music\test.mp3"