Portable file association with JPE ShellDocApp plugin

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
crownixx

Portable file association with JPE ShellDocApp plugin

#1 Post by crownixx »

Previously people have portable file association feature in Xenon File Manager and C.A.F.E for Windows Explorer. Now, you can have this feature in any of your favorite file manager using jauntePE ShellDocApp plugin. The file manager is required to be launch using jauntePE so that the plugin can be injected into the program. 7-Zip Portable [JPE]is the example using this feature.

To have portable file association similar to C.A.F.E, see the readme.html > The Examples > Explorer Example

In order to use the pluggin, we need to add [ShellDocApp] section into the jauntePE application config ini. I have made a GUI that will help you set up the ShellDocApp configuration easily into the application config ini.

ShellDocApp Configure
A GUI interface to add ShellDocApp configuration settings into the jauntePE application config ini. It is a standalone program, thus you can package it together with the program that is targeted to use the ShellDocApp plugin.

How to use
1. On first run, a dialog box will ask the config ini that want to be set with ShellDocApp plugin. The config ini path will be save in ShellDocAppConfigure.ini
2. On next run, the GUI will be visible for you to add/modify/delete the ShellDocApp configuration settings. All the configuration settings will be quickly saved into the config ini

*Note: If you pass the path of configuration ini to the ShellDocApp Configure, it will skip reading the path stored in ShellDocAppConfigure.ini and will open the passing configuration ini

To add new extension, just follow the step number order as in figure above. To modify the existing association, do step #3, #4 and #5. To delete an accosiation ... don't tell me you can't find that button :p

Download
ShellDocApp Configure v0.3 (307.56 KB )

Changlelog
version 0.3
[+] Add ability to accept parameter of full path or relative path of the configuration ini. Example of use: ShellDocAppConfigure.exe "..\7-Zip_jauntePE.ini"
[+] The configuration ini name that is being modified is shown at the windows title bar
Last edited by crownixx on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

m^(2)

#2 Post by m^(2) »

Very cool!:D

crownixx

#3 Post by crownixx »

Found bugs when .7z and .7Zip is check as the same string when i want to put it into the list. Fix it in v0.2 where the extension checking procedure should treat the string with "exact match" option. Download link for latest version available in 1st post

crownixx

Re: Portable file association with JPE ShellDocApp plugin

#4 Post by crownixx »

ShellDocApp Configure is updated to version 0.3. The additional parameter support is one way to open the configuration ini. I plan to use it in my PStart JPE