JauntePE Distributables

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
redllar

JauntePE Distributables

#1 Post by redllar »

Lots of requests for all of this, so I'm giving in. Please don't host or distribute them elsewhere. Things are just too undocumented and unstable right now for general public consumption.

EDIT: 2007-11-04 - The madchook.dll has been removed from all of the distributables. You will need to find this required dll elsewhere in order to try out this app.

- Documentation
JauntePE-contrib - Firewrath's documentation package

- Complete Packages (minus the required madchook.dll which you must get on your own)
JauntePE011 - last known stable version
JauntePE014 - last version before mucking around with multi-threaded app issues
JauntePE015 (corrected#2) - first version that doesn't single-thread multi-threaded app's hooked api calls

- DLLs-only Packages
JauntePE0160dlls - first package with various jauntePE dll builds to try out
JauntePE0161dlls - jauntePE dll with various builds - trying to fix multi-thread issues
JauntePE0162dlls - jauntePE dll with various builds - trying to fix multi-thread issues #2
JauntePE0163dlls - jauntePE dll with various builds - trying to fix sporadic app-end crashes
JauntePE0164dlls - latest jauntePE dll version with various builds - a better attempt at fixing the sporadic app-end crashes

- 0.2.0 Plugin Play Version (limited to launchpad functionality)
JauntePE020 - just to try out the "fake drive" plugin

- Tools
JPERegger011 - a JPE-created .reg file text editing tool

Geocities accounts have a pretty limited download rate, but it gets reset every hour. So if you can't get it the first time, try again in an hour or so.

@mods: Could this be made a sticky please?
Last edited by redllar on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:22 am, edited 9 times in total.

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

Done!

lococobra

Re: JauntePE Distributables

#3 Post by lococobra »

redllar wrote:Geocities accounts have a pretty limited download rate, but it gets reset every hour. So if you can't get it the first time, try again in an hour.
I would be happy to host your files for you if you wish.

redllar

#4 Post by redllar »

lococobra wrote:I would be happy to host your files for you if you wish.
Thanks but no thanks. This app is still very raw and requires a willingness to be more than just a user to use it successfully. So in my mind, the fewer people using it right now the better.

redllar

#5 Post by redllar »

Andrew Lee wrote:
Done!
Thank you, btw. I hope to have a few more soon.

redllar

#6 Post by redllar »

For those interested in JPE but who have yet to download one of its "Complete Packages," I'd suggest doing so soon.

I got an email from madshi today and it contained an implied request to have his madCHook dll removed from net-distribution as much as possible, due to assbags using the dll to write malware. I replied and asked him explicitly if he wants me to remove his dll from my distributions.

So, if he says yes, I will remove his dll from the JPE distributions, which means you won't be able to easily get it anymore, which means you won't be able to easily try out JPE anymore.

ploder

#7 Post by ploder »

Should we overwrite the jauntePE.dll in the latest 'complete package' with JauntePE0164dlls in the standalone dll package?

redllar

#8 Post by redllar »

ploder wrote:Should we overwrite the jauntePE.dll in the latest 'complete package' with JauntePE0164dlls in the standalone dll package?
That's up to you. Every build beyond 011 has been targeting performance and bug fixes to get JPE usable with more apps. If you're new to JPE I'd suggest using the 011 build until you run into a problem. Then try swapping out that jpe dll with one of the 0164 dlls to see if the problem is fixed. If that doesn't work then try another.

But, you also need to keep in mind that some features are only available since the 011 build. It's all pretty much a crap shoot, which is why it's considered a pre-alpha project. If you don't like diddling around with inis and dlls and such you probably don't want to mess with JPE right now.

ploder

#9 Post by ploder »

If you don't like diddling around with inis and dlls and such you probably don't want to mess with JPE right now.
When is it likely that JauntePE will be making it out of 'pre-alpha'? Is there a rough estimated time?

Ttech

#10 Post by Ttech »

What happened to JauntPE? I love it, but it seems it died? There were new versions and then it all went *poof*. I'd love to know what happened.

If anyone has working link to donwload I'd apprisiate it too.

m^(2)

#11 Post by m^(2) »

The download links are dead.

Napiophelios

#12 Post by Napiophelios »

Try here
(Its the download page for the unofficial JauntePE website
created by Crownixx)

m^(2)

#13 Post by m^(2) »

I think that the link to that site should be placed in the 1st post. Can any mod put it there (and delete the old ones)?