How are user ranks determined?

Any other tech-related topics
computerfreaker

How are user ranks determined?

#1 Post by computerfreaker »

I just noticed that I'm at R3, which surprised me because I only have 70 posts; I was expecting to stay at R2 for awhile longer, at least until I hit 100 posts.
Now I'm curious: how are the user ranks determined? (I know it's some combination of getting apps accepted and posting, but I'm not sure exactly how that works)
The only thing I could find was this, but even that doesn't fully explain the user ranking system, just R1 and R2.

Thanks!

dmg

Re: How are user ranks determined?

#2 Post by dmg »

I cannot say with any degree of certainty, but I believe you go up one rank for every two apps accepted to the public area plus one rank for every 50 posts.

computerfreaker

#3 Post by computerfreaker »

dmg wrote:I cannot say with any degree of certainty, but I believe you go up one rank for every two apps accepted to the public area plus one rank for every 50 posts.
I think you're right; I took a look at a couple of users today, and your idea matches their stats.
Thanks!

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

I cannot say with any degree of certainty, but I believe you go up one rank for every two apps accepted to the public area plus one rank for every 50 posts.
Did you read my code? :D

But yeah, that's exactly how it works. That's what I was trying to say in the post computerfreaker pointed to, but I think I was too verbose there...

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

It would be interesting to know what members would be on if there was no limit of R5! :D

dmg

#6 Post by dmg »

@guinness

If I am figuring things up correctly, I would be an R9 at the moment. By your posts alone guinness you would be at R20! :lol: