Bug with BBCode

Any other tech-related topics
Pathologist

Bug with BBCode

#1 Post by Pathologist »

A new post does not appear, the only visible part is the topic name. It is not visible till I select "Disable BBCode", when all formatting disappears. no links, no images.

ashghost

Re: Bug with BBCode

#2 Post by ashghost »

Pathologist wrote:A new post does not appear, the only visible part is the topic name. It is not visible till I select "Disable BBCode", when all formatting disappears. no links, no images.
I'm sure it's related to the DreamHost issue, not any bug in the code.

Pathologist

BBCode

#3 Post by Pathologist »

Dear all,
I have to admit that I was wrong. When editing the post I have not noticed that one tag was not closed correctly. I think it is worth placing a note to the BBCode description that even a single tag closed improperly can make your post invisible.

gavind

#4 Post by gavind »

Have you checked with Dreamhost already? I think their support is above than average but I still don't have an answer to this yet. Image

SYSTEM

#5 Post by SYSTEM »

gavind wrote:Have you checked with Dreamhost already? I think their support is above than average but I still don't have an answer to this yet. Image
This topic is over five years old.

Pathologist's problem was simply that he accidentally left a BBCode tag open, as he told in a post above. In addition, IIRC Andrew has changed the hosting provider twice during these five years.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020