Help Finding an App

Any other tech-related topics
appsuser

Help Finding an App

#1 Post by appsuser »

A while back, while looking at different application launchers, I had discovered a launcher that created circular menus (like Magic Formation, but not) that could emulate keystrokes. For example, it had a Firefox menu that would emulate the navigational keystrokes for back, forward, new tab, exit, etc. Despite much searching, I haven't been able to find this launcher again. Worse yet, I can't remember whether it was an app, docklet, etc. If you're aware of this launcher, please let me know.

garbanzo

#2 Post by garbanzo »

might this be it? it was just posted at ghacks...

http://circledock.wikidot.com/

appsuser

#3 Post by appsuser »

Unfortunately, no. The application/docklet I was thinking of gave the ability to create "application menus", so that when you clicked on an icon it emulated a key press for hot key navigation in applications like Firefox.

But this application looks promising and appears to be portable. You should definitely submit it to the TPFC database. It claims to handle relative paths better than other circular docks like Magic Formation.

I am Baas

#4 Post by I am Baas »

appsuser wrote:this application looks promising and appears to be portable. You should definitely submit it to the TPFC database. It claims to handle relative paths better than other circular docks like Magic Formation.
.net framework 3.5 required!

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

appsuser

#6 Post by appsuser »

I am Baas wrote:Orbit maybe?
No...Orbit items can perform 6 different actions, none of which are simulating key presses...
# Open a file
# Open a folder
# Open a Web Address
# Display a folder with files in Orbit (real files, not Orbit items)
# Be a virtual folder in Orbit as to store Orbit items
# Bring the Configuration Dialog up

garbanzo

#7 Post by garbanzo »

haha i just tried a google search to look around, and this thread was the 3rd result...

ashghost

I found it! - RadialM

#8 Post by ashghost »

I knew I had seen what you were talking about, appsuser, but I couldn't find it no matter how much I searched. Today, I was going through my bookmarks and came across it:

http://www.romeosa.com/ajax/radialm/

It's already in the database, but it's never been mentioned in the forums:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1312

appsuser

Re: I found it! - RadialM

#9 Post by appsuser »

That's it!! Thanks so much...I thought I had seen it in TPFC, but I was looking in application launchers...didn't think to look in the "system-keyboard/mouse" category...hmm, this could probably belong to other categories, based on its functionality...