Please keep non-tech topics out of this forum

Any other tech-related topics
Andrew Lee

Please keep non-tech topics out of this forum

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

After consultation with the other moderators, I have decided to moved the topic "Evil Google" to the recycle bin because we feel it has veered too far from the purpose of this community, which is to discuss portable freeware in particular, and technology at large.

I have also updated the description of the "Chit-Chat" forum to remind everyone to stay on topic. More appropriate avenues are available on the Internet to discuss other topics and issues.

Thanks.

appsuser

Re: Please keep non-tech topics out of this forum

#2 Post by appsuser »

Was expected. It was about internet censorship, after all. :wink:

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

appsuser wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:41 pm Was expected. It was about internet censorship, after all. :wink:
I disagree with the notion that every site must be about every topic or it's restricting speech.

For people that didn't see the thread: the discussion did include concerns about censorship and Google (something I certainly care about), but it was also a lengthy breakdown on a lot of other things. As we are not a site like Reddit that covers 90,000 different forums, there is such a thing as posting "off topic" here. So for example, if you want to post a counter argument to Keynesian Economics to a cooking site, it's going to get taken down. You should post it where there's a forum to discuss it.

SYSTEM

#4 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:05 am
appsuser wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:41 pm Was expected. It was about internet censorship, after all. :wink:
I disagree with the notion that every site must be about every topic or it's restricting speech.
Agreed. I'm glad that the stupid rant (which even talked about conspiracy theories) is gone from here.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020