Thinstall

Any other tech-related topics
gaforhad

Thinstall

#1 Post by gaforhad »

Hello everyone,

How r u all??

when I learnt about "Thinstall" it's a little bit late.I have explored the forum for a copy of "Thinstall".but didnt get.Can anyone plz provide me a portable copy of "Thinstall".

I will be really greatfull to u if I get this.

Thanks.

USB_Kx

#2 Post by USB_Kx »

Hand me a couple thousand bucks and you got yourself a copy. :wink:

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
-- Redd Foxx

denash1

#3 Post by denash1 »

thininstall is quite expensive

check out this though: http://www.thindownload.com/ :wink: [Moderator note: this site link no longer works]

gaforhad

Thinstall

#4 Post by gaforhad »

Dear denash1,
I have already tried that 1 but didnt get the software.

Thanks anyway for ur reply..

denash1

#5 Post by denash1 »

you're welcome

grannyGeek

#6 Post by grannyGeek »

Hi, gaforhad
Thinstall is very expensive, about $5000, but you can get a 30-day trial demo from the Thinstall site.

They ask for your "company information" (I put that I'm self-employed) and
A valid, company email address is required
(no hotmail/yahoo/gmail/etc will be accepted).
http://www.thinstall.com/sales/trialeval.php

I still haven't actually used the software yet.

joby_toss

Thinstall bacame VMWare ThinApp

#7 Post by joby_toss »

Features:

* Application isolation. Isolated applications run in a virtual bubble in restricted user accounts without requiring any host modification. Deploy Office 97, 2003, 2007, and .NET applications on the same OS without conflict as the applications run independent of one another.
* Zero-runtime execution. With no installed agent, no footprint is left on the endpoint device. Applications run directly from the compressed state without first caching data to the hard disk, achieving better performance and security of data.
* 100% User Mode execution. Client runs on locked-down, unmanaged “kiosk” PCs without Admin rights to execute applications, enabling it to be used on managed and unmanaged PC.
* Block-by-block network streaming. Applications virtualized execute once the minimum amount of code required to run the application is available in the desktop’s memory. For example, less than 10% of Microsoft Office needs to be physically streamed to the client in order for it to run. LAN streaming has an average start-up time of just a few seconds.
* Sandbox environments for terminal services. Provide sandboxing for applications running in a terminal services environment so that multiple users can run their own sandboxed application without affecting each other. If one instance of the application tries to make system-wide changes, other users running the same applications are not affected.
* 64-bit operating system support. Enables applications to be virtualized and run on 64-bit systems.
* Execution on thin clients. Tested and certified to run virtualized applications on Windows XP-based thin clients.
* Compatibility with a broad range of applications. Proven deployments on simple-to-complex applications ranging from basic Microsoft Office to custom applications with Java or .NET.

Just a simple info.

m^(2)

#8 Post by m^(2) »

plasma_009

i may be able to help

#9 Post by plasma_009 »

i'm at school right now but i have a copy of "VMware ThinApp 4.0.2.3089" and as it's a portable version, if you would like this please reply back to me and ill post a link to upload it. If you're wondering why i haven't added that link yet, its cause it's not uploaded on the internet yet.

EDIT: i've used thinapp but i havent actually tried this particular version yet. I know that it loads but thats about it.

Mr Kore

#10 Post by Mr Kore »

Anybody tried boxedapp packer ??

gaforhad

Re: i may be able to help

#11 Post by gaforhad »

plasma_009 wrote:i'm at school right now but i have a copy of "VMware ThinApp 4.0.2.3089" and as it's a portable version, if you would like this please reply back to me and ill post a link to upload it. If you're wondering why i haven't added that link yet, its cause it's not uploaded on the internet yet.

EDIT: i've used thinapp but i havent actually tried this particular version yet. I know that it loads but thats about it.
It will so kind of u if u please provide me this.

Napiophelios

Re: Thinstall

#12 Post by Napiophelios »

webfork

#13 Post by webfork »

Old thread update:

Just a bit of history in the space of "whatever happened to" ...

ThinApp (AKA Thinstall) is a commercial portability option that aimed at easy software distribution for medium to large companies. It was purchased by VMware in 2008 and renamed to ThinApp. Because of the tendency to be used for piracy it is unwelcome on PortableApps.

I'm mostly posting this because I did a thread merge of a lot of ancient posts and figured this deserved some kind of explanation.

JohnTHaller

#14 Post by JohnTHaller »

webfork wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:33 pm Old thread update:
Because of the tendency to be used for piracy it is unwelcome on PortableApps.
That specific post was about a user who had made a portable package of Thinstall without permission from the publisher in violation of its EULA. The wider issue was that IIRC the Thinstall folks had a directory of packaged apps almost none of which were done with permission from the publisher.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality